You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback "Witty" post titles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #1

Default "Witty" post titles

I like AdventureGamers, and have read its articles for many years. Most articles are well written, informative, and funny. The only thing that really annoys me about AG are the witty post titles.

While I enjoy the occasional witticism in a headline, forcing them into every single one is just overkill. Especially in RSS readers it makes it hard to make sense of the titles in an RSS reader: I'm close to unsubscribing my AdventureGamer RSS feed because headlines such as "Got Game goes out on a limb with Rhiannon" or "Evil Befalls Second Agatha Christie Wii Port" do not help me understand what the article is about (in fact both are even misleading).

Please, please, make the titles readable. Keep the wit, if you like, but put it in the subtitles.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

Well, I try not to make them misleading, but some are a stretch, I realize. I don't see changing them much, though, to be honest. Most headlines would be completely dull and repetitive otherwise, and while that might suit RSS feeds, it doesn't benefit a whole lot else.