You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback The new design is up!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #61
Club a seal or two

It's awesome.
Kinda reminds me of Gamespot though. Am I crazy?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #62
The Major Grubert.

I think it's good. Breadcrumbs were a bit different, took a bit to get use to, but not bad after that.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #63
Rogue Agent

I agree, it does seem similar to Gamespot. Like it, though! Bit easier to navigate.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #64
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
tsa and Trumgottist: I guess I understand what you mean, but how on earth do you surf the web in general? I'm just curious. Most sites are 1024 pixels wide nowadays, and only few have relative size widths or 800 pixels wide. So doesn't that mean you have to horizontally scroll all the time? Sounds like you're totally impairing your browser experience even though you don't really have to.

Also DasJan, your endorsement of the design is both encouraging and ... disturbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I guess I've just been lucky with the sites I visit frequently. I did a quick check, and all my frequently visited sites (except for the new AG, which most likely will remain in that category despite this) fit fine in my normal window size.

Maybe this is a bit much to ask for, but a preference setting to get narrower posts in the forum would be much appreciated. I don't mind the scrolling as much as the wideness of the text. The column width in the features I've looked at is all good, and I'll happily scroll or enlarge my window for those pages to see the secondary content.
I must visit the same sites as Trumgottist does, because on almost all the sites I frequently visit I also have no problems. Many sites adjust themselves to the size of the window. I do mind the scrolling so I keep my window on the new, bigger size. And I second Trumgottists remark about the wide posts. But I'm sure I'll get used to it one day

Last edited by tsa; 09-13-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: More info added.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #65
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Just my opinion, but it feels cramped now. I kinda like the old layout better.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #66
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Hehe, look what it just chose for me

Game Database Random Pick
Christmas Quest: The Best Adventure Game Ever!
Developer:
Adventure Gamers
Hey, I love that game!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #67

This is the first time I've loaded up the site on my widescreen laptop and I actually prefer this to the stretching that the forums used to do...

Last edited by D.C.; 09-13-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #68
OB

I really hate the new layout, but I still like the content. It's simply too hard on the eyes and too difficult to find anything easily. Everything was right there before. Now, you have to click umpteen different times to get anywhere, and there's way too much stuff on the front page. It's cramped and a huge step backwards.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:32 AM   #69
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
What is that?

Hmmm, strange. On this computer it isn't there. On my own computer it was a very pixelly font (and no, I hadn't zoomed in. It was one of those retro fonts, or at least it looked like it), and it looked as if everything was bolded.

I'll have to see if it's still that way when I get back to my own computer, okay?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #70
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

I like the new design alot, very fresh looking!
Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 AM   #71
Schoolgirl From Hell

What a nice surprise! I haven't visited the site in ages, and upon opening it today, I was pleased to find the new look. It's a lot easier on the eyes, I must say.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 09-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #72
3rd person fanatic :)

I've noticed that this new version is sometimes really, really slow and kills the browser every now and then... (doesn't matter if it's IE or FF)... will it ever be stable again? Also I have to mention that this new screenshot browsing system is totally annoying. Automatic shot changes are something which cannot be understood. Also (correct me if i'm wrong...) the screens are much smaller. what is going on??
Old 09-14-2007, 04:00 AM   #73
Puts the 'e' in Mark

No, it will never be stable again.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #74
The Quiet One

I like the original look but yeah, this new look is pretty good. I like how, in the reviews section, you get a mini slideshow showing the different sreenshots. I like how you also get a bit more info in the 'Where to Buy' section. Like the price, how many are left and the publisher etc. along with a nice image of what the game's front cover looks like. The 'random pick of the day' is a nice touch but it'd be great if there was a bit more info on the games.

The site takes a few seconds longer to load up, unlike last time, and i'm not too keen on the font/style of the text in people's posts, but... overall i say well done!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 09-14-2007, 06:57 AM   #75
Puts the 'e' in Mark

The slowness of some pages may to be due to some external services/plugins we use, which don't seem to handle our level of traffic very well. I'll be looking at other solutions in the future.

Also our tabs can render a little slow, but I haven't found out why that is yet. All of these things will be investigated at some point. For now, just wait a few more seconds for things to load.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #76

I think the ads are horrible and should stay on the outskirts of pages and certainly well away from posts.

But great work on the layout and new content.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #77

As requested earlier in the thread, a feed combining all categories would be great. Having feeds for things besides news is the best new feature IMO.

Why are the galleries flash-based? I generally don't use flash, and the website didn't "scale back" to show images the old fashioned way.
With the flash interface, is there any way to view the images in full-resolution?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #78
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Wow, people browsing the web in tiny windows, people browsing without the Flash plugin ... no offense, but is it 1996? I'm just totally surprised by the extreme browsing habits that some people have.
If I'd known, I would have made the CSS gracefully degrade to HTML 1.0. If anyone is using the Lynx text browser in DOS, let me know.

(Yes, I'm being grumpy. I'll be back with renewed energy and hopefully a smiley face tomorrow.)

Last edited by Marek; 09-14-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #79
Super Moderator

*Sends Marek a keg of beer*

Old 09-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #80

Congrats on the new design, guys! It's really great