You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback The new design is up!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #181
Codger

Have come back after a long absense. Thank you for the birthday message. First thing I noticed when I logged on was three Circuit City ads/pop-ups that I needed to exit before I could get to content. If this is the new and improved......
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #182
Puts the 'e' in Mark

We don't have any pop-ups - strict policy. There is a circuit city fold-out ad though (move your mouse over it and it folds out, move cursor away and it folds back in). But it is delivery capped to 1 person per 24 hours, so you couldn't have gotten 3 of them.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #183
Codger

It may be capped to one person who remains on the system for 24 hours. But I swear I logged on, looked around a bit for any comments on the new monitor I was about to install. (Samsung 932BW) Logged off, logged back on again. Swear the CC ad hit me again.

You call them fold-outs. Others call them fly-overs, as in the mouse cursor flies over the ad. The result though, is pretty much the same. Except that now that I've been warned I will keep the mouse located in safe territory.

I am looking around for all the new goodies. Should be an interesting search.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #184
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

I miss the news items from the top of the forums :'(
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 AM   #185

This might be a bug: on the Release Dates page, the Recently released box doesn't have anything newer than last June. I'm sure there must have been new releases since then.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 AM   #186
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Yes, that's a bug, and a really insane one at that. I'm still trying to figure out what is wrong with it.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 AM   #187
Lovable rogue

Oooh, I've noticed that since last I was here, the advert that appears after the first post has gone.

This pleases me.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-17-2007, 04:38 AM   #188
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Whether that's permanent remains to be seen, but for now, the ads appear below the thread.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #189
Lovable rogue

IMO it's more effective below the thread, as it's right in ones face when typing something in the "Quick Reply" box, and thus is more likely to be paid attention to, rather than merely being scrolled past.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 AM   #190
Puts the 'e' in Mark

That's indeed a good theory, and that's exactly what I'm testing right now. If it proves to be right, then that's where they'll stay.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #191

Another bug I noticed with the release dates page: I was looking for the US release date of eXperience112* and realised that it had completely disappeared off the list. It seems that it's related to its release date being flagged as "unconfirmed". But that's sort of silly, isn't it? I mean, the release dates page has games that don't have a publisher, and are sometimes not even sure to ever exist (Aquarica...), but a game that does exist and has a US publisher is allowed to slip off the radar because its release date might be March instead of February? (obviously, this one is not completely off the radar, since it's in the HoM, but other games might be in the same situation)

* Why am I experiencing déjÃ* vu when writing the name of this game and the word bug in the same sentence?

EDIT: Oh wait. I see that "Unconfirmed" is normally used for games whose existence (not release date) is unconfirmed (BASS2...). So it's just that someone screwed up for eXperience112 (and more?), I guess.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 10-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #192
Hopeful skeptic

I can understand your confusion, but I don't see any mistake. There is no confirmed North American publisher, even if there is reportedly one.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #193
Hopeful skeptic

EDIT: D'oh!! Um, whoops. It's a case of the mysteriously vanishing post! I think I quoted most of it, though.

Quote:
^ What a typically Jackalesque reply.
You mean, straight to the point and 100% accurate?

Quote:
Anyway, I thought TAC was officially the publisher and just the date was unknown, but I guess I was wrong.
Nope, TAC has never confirmed its plans (and believe me, I've asked, repeatedly), even though their name has been plastered all over retailer product pages and so on for months.

Quote:
But since we're going to be our typical selves, I'll add that I still feel it's somehow wrong for the game to completely disappear from the Release Dates page. Shouldn't it then be at the bottom of the page, in the "publisher unconfirmed" category"?
Yeah, the release calendar still has some kinks, and this is one of them. There should be two different functions for "unconfirmed". We'll get it all settled. Eventually. Hopefully.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #194
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalesque
EDIT: D'oh!! Um, whoops. It's a case of the mysteriously vanishing post! I think I quoted most of it, though.
Weren't the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons switched so that wouldn't happen?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #195
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Weren't the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons switched so that wouldn't happen?
Hey, that's enough from the peanut gallery.

Incidentally, I've restored a tentative release date for ExperimentExperience112 for North America. Not an ideal solution, as there can be no release date without a publisher, but at least it restores it to the calendar for now.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #196
Psychonaut

Oh oh! Lucy's got her mad face on! No matter what I do or say today I'm going to get slugged. I might as well get it over with. (He walks to Lucy. And gets slugged.) Now I have the rest of the day to myself!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:46 PM   #197
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I can now confirm that the new design works fully on wii's opera browser.

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #198

In reviews there could be "Difficulty" information too. It can be very helpful to know level of difficulty in games.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 AM   #199
Freeware Co-ordinator

It would be nice but I'm not sure a difficulty level is realistically possible. Different people find different things difficult. A puzzle that is obvious to one person will be obscure to another. With that in mind I think a difficulty rating would probably be too subjective and variable (depending on the reviewer) to be helpful.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 AM   #200
Super Moderator

Difficulty is covered within the review itself. While a number is not given, the difficulty of the puzzles is typically mentioned. You can have the extremes of very easy to extremely difficult (like Discworld). You also need to keep in mind the reviewer. If you have played other games that a certain reviewer has also played, you can see how they agree with you on the difficulty.