Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   New moderator announcement (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/19954-new-moderator-announcement.html)

Jackal 06-02-2007 07:26 AM

New moderator announcement

We're pleased to announce a new addition to our moderating staff today. Now, in trying to decide the next candidate for the mod squad, we reviewed the usual criteria list: a mature attitude, an evident sense of responsibility, a desire to help others and keep things running smoothly, plus a general playfulness and friendliness to tie it all together. In a bizarre twist of fate, however, the list suddenly included a hand-scribbled addition at the end, saying simply: "wears loud shirts". Hmmm. I'm positive that was never there before, but I must say, it made the selection a WHOLE lot easier.

And so we welcome stepurhan into the fold, having pitched him the idea by emphasizing the tremendous respect and admiration the job brings. He will, of course, soon learn that when we said "respect and admiration", what we really meant was "hassles and headaches". But now's not the time to quibble over semantics.

I should also mention that there is no truth to the rumour that stepurhan will be required to moderate entirely in sonnet, though we wouldn't actually bet against him doing it.

Unfortunately, as one emerges, another departs, so we bid adieu to Kurufinwe today, too. Kurufinwe stepped in at a time we really needed him, and we're grateful for all his efforts. But now he claims the job has crushed his spirit and driven him to a life of booze, drugs, and debauchery... no, wait, that's me! Um, yeah, apparently it's just time for him to focus his attention and energy onto other personal endeavours, so we wish him all the best, and remind him that he'll always be welcome at AG. :)

So, please join me in welcoming stepurhan aboard, and bidding a fond farewell-but-not-goodbye to Kurufinwe!

Intrepid Homoludens 06-02-2007 07:53 AM

http://www.hilohattie.com/images/2102.0433.jpg

congratulations, stepsie!

i know you'll be spiffy
in your new role.

Lucien21 06-02-2007 07:58 AM

Congratulations Stephurn.

Owskie 06-02-2007 08:17 AM

gratz

stepurhan 06-02-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 415927)
We're pleased to announce a new addition to our moderating staff today. Now, in trying to decide the next candidate for the mod squad, we reviewed the usual criteria list: a mature attitude, an evident sense of responsibility, a desire to help others and keep things running smoothly, plus a general playfulness and friendliness to tie it all together. In a bizarre twist of fate, however, the list suddenly included a hand-scribbled addition at the end, saying simply: "wears loud shirts". Hmmm. I'm positive that was never there before, but I must say, it it made the selection a WHOLE lot easier.

As my first actual use of the moderating tools I've taken the duplicate it (emboldened in this pre-edit quote) out of your first paragraph. :D No need to thank me. Just doing my job.
Quote:

And so we welcome stepurhan into the fold, having pitched him the idea by emphasizing the tremendous respect and admiration the job brings. He will, of course, soon learn that when we said "respect and admiration", what we really meant was "hassles and headaches". But now's not the time to quibble over semantics.
Why quibble over antivirus software?

Oops, sorry. Misread that. :P

Quote:

I should also mention that there is no truth to the rumour that stepurhan will be required to moderate entirely in sonnet, though we wouldn't actually bet against him doing it.
I would. I know I make it look effortless but that stuff isn't easy you know.

Quote:

Unfortunately, as one emerges, another departs, so we bid adieu to Kurufinwe today, too. Kurufinwe stepped in at a time we really needed him, and we're grateful for all his efforts. But now he claims the job has crushed his spirit and driven him to a life of booze, drugs, and debauchery... no, wait, that's me! Um, yeah, apparently it's just time for him to focus his attention and energy onto other personal endeavours, so we wish him all the best, and remind him that he'll always be welcome at AG. :)
Fortunately I am confident that modding will not drive me to such a life (that's pretty much what I do already. :P )

Sorry to see you step down Kurufinwe (Possibly more sorry than I realise when I really get down to modding properly) Hope to keep seeing you around the forums.

Quote:

So, please join me in wecoming stepurhan aboard, and bidding a fond farewell-but-not-goodbye to Kurufinwe!
Aw, shucks. (Hey you missed the "l" out of "welcoming". Modding assignment number two coming up,:D )

AGA 06-02-2007 09:52 AM

If you're going to use your moderating skills to fix people's typos, you'll be here all day.

I'll help you out by spell-checking my own post. Welcome!

Melanie68 06-02-2007 09:57 AM

Welcome to the illustrious glamorous interesting job of moderator! :P

Remember to quote and not edit. That little button should be colored differently (yes I've edited accidentally :o).

Here's your :pan: and Welcome!!

stepurhan 06-02-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGA (Post 415960)
If you're going to use your moderating skills to fix people's typos, you'll be here all day.

I know. Those two just seemed too good an opportunity to miss though. :D

pinkgothic 06-02-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 415963)
Remember to quote and not edit. That little button should be colored differently (yes I've edited accidentally :o).

It happens to all moderators eventually, I assure you. :P

My condol- erm, I mean: Congratulations, stepurhan! :D

Giligan 06-02-2007 11:23 AM

Oh no, not again! :P

Ah well. Congradulations, Steppy. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan
I know. Those two just seemed too good an opportunity to miss though. :D

He'll have to fix his own typos first, though! :P

Giligan

Jackal 06-02-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 415954)
Hey you missed the "l" out of "welcoming". Modding assignment number two coming up,:D

Dude, typos totally don't count on a Saturday morning. I'm pretty pleased if there were only two considering I typed it with my eyes still closed.

Apparently someone forgot to mention that your first mod duty is to get everyone else coffee. Now you see what happens when you don't.

stepurhan 06-02-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 415996)
Dude, typos totally don't count on a Saturday morning. I'm pretty pleased if there were only two considering I typed it with my eyes still closed.

Apparently someone forgot to mention that your first mod duty is to get everyone else coffee. Now you see what happens when you don't.

Yes sir! Right on it sir! Cream, sugar and little biscuits sir? :)

Panthera 06-02-2007 02:47 PM

Congrats stepurhan, and sorry to see you go Kurufinwe.

Jelena 06-02-2007 02:57 PM

Stepurhan
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...tions-logo.jpg

And Thanks Kurufinwe for a great job. I remember you were the first person I contacted when I first came to these forums. I didn't know anything about places like this and needed help with quoting.

Jatsie 06-02-2007 03:00 PM

Yay for Stepsie! :D

LeisureSuitedLooney 06-02-2007 03:16 PM

Congrats, step!! This moves ME up further in the moderator nomination standings!! Now, I'm ahead of the half-eaten ham sandwich and right behind the moth-eaten scarf!! WOOT!!

And sorry to see you step down, Kuru!! I'd MUCH rather see the sandwich go, so I can eliminate my competition.

*slips back into his sweet sweet hallucinogenic world*

Maquisard 06-02-2007 11:35 PM

Congrats on the new job, Stepsie. As third order of business, I suggest you lock "Thread Must Die." :P

Squinky 06-02-2007 11:52 PM

Accidentally deleting it would be more fun. That way, no one would ever know who killed it.

Fairygdmther 06-03-2007 08:42 AM

Fortunately Stepurhan hasn't got the devious mind that you have, Squinky!

Congrats, Step! Have fun!

Kurufinwe, Au revoir! Bon Chance, et adieu!

FGM

Squinky 06-03-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairygdmther (Post 416147)
Fortunately Stepurhan hasn't got the devious mind that you have, Squinky!

Which is why Jack has had the good sense not to make me a mod. :D