Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   An idea for the Underground forum... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/19339-idea-underground-forum.html)

Maquisard 03-24-2007 04:19 PM

An idea for the Underground forum...

It's looking a bit cluttered with all the daily scene threads. Why not just do one "Daily Underground Scene" thread, and keep posting & commenting in that one?

Melanie68 03-24-2007 04:46 PM

It's the same procedure used for the Adventure Game Scene of the Day. The only difference is that more threads get started in the Adventure forum so it's not as apparent. I think it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. One thread could get very cumbersome to go through. Eventually we could make a sticky list like we have for the the Adv. SOTD which will make accessing one you are interested in easier.

Maquisard 03-24-2007 05:35 PM

My point exactly--not as many threads get started there, so the daily scene threads are cluttering up the forum. Maybe if one thread were started every week, with seven screenshots posted in each over the course of the week?

Squinky 03-24-2007 10:38 PM

I just think more people should be posting in Underground, period. :)

Erwin_Br 03-25-2007 05:01 AM

I'd rather have them posting at Adventure D*kggg-hisssss-ggggggk*!!!

--Erwin

Trumgottist 03-25-2007 10:35 AM

Here's another voice in favour of keeping them as they are. Compared to the other forum sections, I can't call the Underground section cluttered. Maybe it's currently getting a bit dominated by the scene threads, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Those threads bring up (brief) discussion or comments on various "underground" games, and isn't that really the main function of the underground forum?

After a brisk nap 04-29-2007 08:04 AM

One of the hopes (my hopes, at least) for the Underground SOTD was that it would get people to check out the Underground forum and create more activity there in general.

At the present, I'm starting to lean towards the view that the SOTD are cluttering up the forum, and maybe making the first impression for surfers less compelling.

Maybe as a compromise we could do just one thread per week, and post the Monday/Wednesday/Friday scenes in that? This would cut the number of SOTD threads by two thirds, but not create just one extremely cumbersome one. Also, maybe the juxtaposition of different games in the same thread would lead to some discussion? Opinions?

Squinky 04-29-2007 08:27 AM

I could go either way, personally.

SSH 04-30-2007 12:54 AM

Yes, but what about the USOTD?

After a brisk nap 04-30-2007 04:43 AM

OK, let's try it, then.

Maquisard 06-11-2007 08:09 PM

My work here is done.

*rides off into the sunset*

Seriously though, I'm liking Underground a lot more since all the SOTD threads migrated to page 2. You won't see two consecutive SOTW threads either.

Melanie68 06-11-2007 08:32 PM

<Underground becomes part of the kitty borg collective yarn ball...>

:D

(it does look better :))