Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   What's up with the Hype-o-Meter? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/16499-whats-up-hype-o-meter.html)

Laser Eyes 08-21-2006 07:47 PM

What's up with the Hype-o-Meter?

How on earth could a game like A Vampyre Story get on the Hype-o-Meter ahead of other games with closer release dates and better pedigrees? A Vampyre Story according to AG will be released in Q4 2007 and is being developed by a company with no published games on record.

If you look at the release dates you will see numerous games to be released long before A Vampyre Story by companies with a history of quality games under their belt.

If the people who run the web site are trying to promote adventure games you have some funny ideas.

Dannyyou 08-21-2006 07:54 PM

A Vampire story is being worked on by many ex lucas art developers. And it also looks like a great game. I find nothing wrong with the meter

fov 08-21-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laser Eyes
If the people who run the web site are trying to promote adventure games you have some funny ideas.

Gee thanks. :shifty:

From the Adventure Gamers' FAQ:

Quote:

How does the Hype-o-Meter work?

The Hype-o-Meter on our home page shows a ranking of ten upcoming games that people are excited about. As the name implies, it is far from any sort of scientific measure. The rankings are determined based on a combination of forum polls, reader feedback and the assessment of the Adventure Gamers team of preview material and press demos. The Hype-o-Meter is never a measure of quality, it is a measure of the buzz on upcoming games.
A Vampyre Story was recently added to the Hype-o-Meter because the developer finally secured publisher backing after a long period of uncertainty for the game. So, yeah, people are excited about it.

Lunatik 08-21-2006 09:18 PM

Calm down Laser Eyes! There is no need to feel angry about a totally harmless feature like the Hype-o-Meter. It's only there for fun and to make us remember that we, adventure gamers, still get very excited about our favorite genre.

Besides, letting go pointless accusations against the very people who administrates one of the most friendly gaming community defenitely irritates me. I think there are other ways to express an opinion. :shifty:

Junkface 08-21-2006 10:29 PM

Out of interest, what are the particular games releasing soon that you find more exciting than those on the hypometer?

Marek 08-22-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laser Eyes

This sentence is hilarious in so many ways. Thank you.

Jackal 08-22-2006 06:36 AM

Aww, and here I thought someone was going to chew me out for not having Jane Jensen's new game on it yet.

fov 08-22-2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
Aww, and here I thought someone was going to chew me out for not having Jane Jensen's new game on it yet.

It was announced five days ago!!! WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?!

:P

Jackal 08-22-2006 06:53 AM

Pfft. If she's not making it with Sierra, then she has no track record, and the game is still way too far off.

Jake 08-22-2006 09:38 AM

At least game number 1 is where it belongs!

Simo Sakari Aaltonen 08-22-2006 11:28 AM

You mean... at number one? :P

Jake 08-22-2006 12:43 PM

Something like that!