Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Board was hit with the ugly stick? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/1608-board-hit-ugly-stick.html)

Crunchy in milk 01-09-2004 02:49 AM

Board was hit with the ugly stick?

Yikes, I hope you guys manage to refine it back to its simple beauty of yesterday.

James 01-09-2004 03:33 AM

dunno i like it. tis all big and clear for typin in the wee hours.

Moosferatu 01-09-2004 05:20 AM

I think it looks fine except I don't like the grayness of the buttons. I prefer the old brown ones, but other than that I like it better.

Huz 01-09-2004 06:51 AM

Mmm, brown.

<Hyponosis: this is constructive criticism, this is constructive criticism...> ;)

Zygomaticus 01-09-2004 07:19 AM

This was an update, so however aesthetically deprived it is, I'm sure it has acquired hidden features (better security, blah blah) that will please the administration. :P

Skinny Minnie 01-09-2004 08:26 AM

I like it better because it bolds all threads with new posts now; it's more obvious what's new since last you've peeked in...

Tamara 01-09-2004 09:55 AM

I agree with Crunchy.

Firefoot 01-09-2004 11:09 AM

Sorry, but... I can hardly see the difference between read and unread posts (both in the overview as the posts themself)... I can't find the "mark this forum read" anymore... and why the smilies right?
Other than that... not that bad... just some habituation.

[edit]Argh... now every post is unread... :\

Erkki 01-09-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
Sorry, but... I can hardly see the difference between read and unread posts (both in the overview as the posts themself)

Same here. I didn't mention it before because I thought this was my eyes fault (I'm partially colorblind).

Skinny Minnie 01-09-2004 12:48 PM

Wow! The threads that have been posted in since my last visit are mega-bolded out in every area of the forum. I don't tend to customize my user CP settings much, so maybe it's something that I'd left at the default before the upgrade that others of you hadn't? :confused:

ragnar 01-09-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
dunno i like it. tis all big and clear for typin in the wee hours.

Too big imo. The user info takes up to much vertical space. I can't fit in more than three posts, even if they are very short, on the same page. It is rather little.

Kingzjester 01-09-2004 01:38 PM

Where is the kill everybody button? I've sortof grown used to that one... now I need to pick everybody individually from the list and kill them thus. That is just too much trouble...

ragnar 01-09-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingzjester
Where is the kill everybody button? I've sortof grown used to that one... now I need to pick everybody individually from the list and kill them thus. That is just too much trouble...

I do that from the commandline: "killall -9 forum-members".

Firefoot 01-10-2004 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
I can't find the "mark this forum read" anymore...

Found it... :D Just above the list of threads there is a "Forum Tools", if you click on it you'll find this feature... :)

And the bolded letters make the read/unread threads somewhat easier, but I liked looking just at the icon to see what I still have/want to read...

Marek 01-10-2004 03:49 AM

I can't imagine what the hell will happen when/if we some day change the design of the main site.

Perhaps we need to change all the designs every month so you guys never get used to them :P :D

Kolzig 01-10-2004 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek
I can't imagine what the hell will happen when/if we some day change the design of the main site.

The world would come to an end :D

DomStLeger 01-10-2004 09:42 AM

Quote:

Perhaps we need to change all the designs every month so you guys never get used to them :P :D

I'm so glad you brought that up! Don't you think it's time to end this experiment in pale yellow colours and go back to dark green? :)

Marek 01-10-2004 10:20 AM

How about green AND yellow? :P

DomStLeger 01-10-2004 11:28 AM

ok Lime Green as a compromise of the two?

Curt 01-10-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

WHAT? You're changing the main site? When will this happen? Who decided this? Why wasn't I informed? What's the world coming to?

(pssst! Does anybody have the link for the main site, I've forgotten what it is. Haven't been there for 2 years. Shhhh!) :P

Stinger, what's up? Why are you foaming at the mouth? :devil: