You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback White Birds Interview

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther
Default White Birds Interview

fov - nice interview, but it gave me a curious feeling - did it seem to you that when you asked how they felt about Benoit Sokal getting all the credit, that you got a prepared script? I went back and reread some of the answers you got, and then the whole thing began to look like they were carefully leading you to what they were prepared to answer. Did you have that feeling? There didn't seem to be any spontaneity to their replies - like this is the company response, and this is all you're getting. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but that seemed a little too practiced, when they talked about Benoit.

M
Old 07-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Nope. I think it was me who asked that question (all the AG E3 people were in on the interview), or at least some other question that followed on from it. They definitely didn't seem to be reeling off a prepared answer. They just really seem to respect Benoit Sokal and his visions, and are content to let him do his thing. Certainly nothing they said seemed to be toeing the company line, it all seemed genuine and heartfelt. Perhaps it's just the French-English language barrier that makes their language sound a bit formal, their not being native English speakers?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks, Berian.

Yes, I think the English as a second language has something to do with how the answers come across -- their English is very good, but on paper it's a bit more formal than it was in person.

Also, the tape cut off while they were still talking about this (Berian or someone may have asked a follow-up question and there was a little more chatter), so that could be why the last answer seems to end a little abruptly.

It was funny to me, rereading the interview with the "I" questions, because I didn't ask many of them. I just typed the interview up when all was said and done.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Thanks - the formal English is probably what made it feel 'prepared', and that's understandable as a second language.

M