Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Changing user names (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/15555-changing-user-names.html)

Maquisard 06-21-2006 06:37 PM

Changing user names

How's it done? I wanna jump in the musical group's min-van.

Melanie68 06-21-2006 07:24 PM

I thought I told you:
  1. The proper forms
  2. A Urine test
  3. A polygraph

Maquisard 06-21-2006 07:48 PM

Wow, it's actually funnier the second time! :shifty:

Melanie68 06-21-2006 07:49 PM

sorry...

Maquisard 06-21-2006 07:57 PM

Haha, It's cool. :D

Melanie68 06-21-2006 07:59 PM

Actually I think you just need to PM Tabacco and ask. :)

Intrepid Homoludens 06-21-2006 08:00 PM

:P tabsie's gonna be pissed to the bother that all these people suddenly wanna change their names.

Maquisard 06-21-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mel
Actually I think you just need to PM Tabacco and ask.

That's what I thought. :P I love starting useless threads though. Well, nice chat.

artwking4 06-21-2006 08:45 PM

One of the nice things about the Adventure-Europe forum is that you can change your forum name by yourself, bypassing any need to piss anyone off who has to do it for you.

I'm not looking forward to incurring the wrath of Tabacco when I figure out what to change mine to.;) Although, honestly, I hate asking anybody for anything, even if it's their job (or hobby) to do it.

Jelena 06-21-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68
Actually I think you just need to PM Tabacco and ask. :)

I sent my PM to Fov since Tabacco wasn't around when I decided to go ahead and get anonymous. She helped me out.

fov 06-22-2006 06:59 AM

Why does everyone want to change their names all of a sudden? :P I'll do it if someone asks me, but personally I find it a little jarring. I have a hard enough time keeping track of people without their names switching around.

Okay, new rule - you only get ONE switch. Choose wisely. :devil:

artwking4 06-22-2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
Why does everyone want to change their names all of a sudden? :P

But just LOOK at my name! It's unwieldy and does not roll off the tongue, or fingers, when typing. I have to make it easier for people to talk about how great they think I am. Because I care about you guys THAT much!

Jackal 06-22-2006 07:28 AM

Problem is, you'll always be artwking (not 4, I ignore numbers in names :P) to everyone except new people. Changing names just makes the rest of us go through a tedious translation process. "Oh right, slick-new-name guy is really clunky old artwking."

Lucky I changed mine before most current people got here. :D

AFGNCAAP 06-22-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
I ignore numbers in names :P

You're gonna be in trouble soon, it seems. :D

artwking4 06-22-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
Problem is, you'll always be artwking (not 4, I ignore numbers in names :P) to everyone except new people. Changing names just makes the rest of us go through a tedious translation process. "Oh right, slick-new-name guy is really clunky old artwking."

That would be absolutely fine with me, actually. I'm not trying to trip anybody up or confuse people. I don't really want it to be totally different from what it is now. Probably just Arthur would be great. Or maybe KingArthur. Hell, even just dropping the 4 would be satisfactory to me. I wish I hadn't put that number in there in the first place. It looks and sounds silly and awkward to me now.

Jackal 06-22-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
You're gonna be in trouble soon, it seems. :D

No, this is great! Ignoring everybody makes my life so much easier. :D

Arthursomething, I was mostly just kidding. If you want to change it, just decide for sure what you want and let one of us know (I can do it for you, too). I'm never calling you you "King", though. :P

Intrepid Homoludens 06-22-2006 02:48 PM

;) Yeah, we already have a Kingz here, and he's a royal pain.

artwking4 06-22-2006 04:06 PM

I don't think that I could pull off just being called by my last name. Although, I was thinking that "The Pen is Mightier" would be a good forum name for me.

Not really, but I think Mares should use it.

RLacey 06-22-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68
I thought I told you:
  1. The proper forms
  2. A Urine test
  3. A polygraph

OK... I was just thinking about this...

Do you really have to submit a urine test and a polygraph to change your name in the USA?

Maybe I'm just being stupid :crazy:.

fov 06-23-2006 07:00 AM

No.