Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   New layout & screenshots back (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/154-new-layout-screenshots-back.html)

Marek 09-17-2003 05:26 AM

New layout & screenshots back

We've made some changes to the site.

Firstly, nearly all reviews and previews should have screenshots again. The large versions now load onto a new page. They're not linked directly to anymore like they used to be.

We've also made some usability improvements. The screenshot galleries are now more easily accessible, as are the "game info" pages and the explanation of our score system.

Most noticably, previews and reviews now have a content bar and an information bar. (We realize this leaves some white space on some pages, but this area will be taken by a new feature later.)

I hope you like it.

ragnar 09-17-2003 05:39 AM

It looks good, but I don't know what you mean with content bar and information bar.

Marek 09-17-2003 05:45 AM

Just the fact that (p)reviews now have a two-column layout.

ragnar 09-17-2003 05:53 AM

Ok, it does look good. Much better than before I think.

tabacco 09-17-2003 06:17 AM

Yeah, I like having the pros, cons, etc. on the side like that.

Kingzjester 09-17-2003 10:18 AM

You know, Marek, it is not that hard to make a script that would cycle through screenshots... it really isn't....

hint

hint

tabacco 09-17-2003 11:33 AM

No, it wouldn't be. Maybe tonight.

Zygomaticus 09-17-2003 12:29 PM

Nice! :D

I'm glad the screenshots are back. And the way you got the previews page, makes it looks like there's more writing because the paragraphs are "longer" :7

I like it :)

remixor 09-17-2003 12:50 PM

The return of screenshots is a given improvement, but I have to say that I REALLY like the new two-column layout, particularly in the reviews. It somehow adds a very professional look, and it's very clean.

Kingzjester 09-18-2003 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remixor
The return of screenshots is a given improvement, but I have to say that I REALLY like the new two-column layout, particularly in the reviews. It somehow adds a very professional look, and it's very clean.

What a clean little ol' man!

Marek 09-20-2003 04:15 AM

The page now pulls 6 random screenshots from the gallery, instead of the first 6.

Kingzjester 09-21-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek
The page now pulls 6 random screenshots from the gallery, instead of the first 6.

I don't think that is a good idea: I am one of those people who like to click on the first image in a thumbnail stack and click next until I get to the end. This way the images would not be in order and I would miss a few.

Marek 09-21-2003 10:53 PM

They only change when you return to the article sometime later.