You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Charles Cecil Interview

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey
Default Charles Cecil Interview

Thanks for the interview, Emily .

Time for a bit of rampant speculation, methinks. If the delay to BS4's release isn't caused by slippage, but by some clever timing reason, then what is happening this September in the wider world that could be useful for marketing?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Last edited by RLacey; 04-27-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #2

Ooh, good thinking!

OK, let's see.... So my money is on... the Oktoberfest (in September? Crazy Germans.)! BS4 will reveal that the mysterious substance mfkzt is actually an ingredient of German beer. What a conspiracy! Hmm, I'm still not sure how the Templars fit into this yet, but I'm convinced we're on to something.

Oh, and, yeah, interesting interview too.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-27-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Don't be silly; the plot obviously involves the 2006 Annual Meetings of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group, Singapore!!!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #4

What do you mean? Like a meeting of obscure people who control much of the money in the world and discreetly pull the strings while the governments of third-world countries have to obey without choice? No, that's too far-fetched a conspiracy, even for Broken Sword.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #5

Forgive my ignorance, is Nicco not going to be in BS4? Mr. Cecil mentions a new love interest for George in the interview.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Nico was never a love interest before Tony Warriner said Nico would still be in it right back at the game's announcement.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #7
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

That'd be cool

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 04-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
Nico was never a love interest before
Err... she wasn't? He keeps referring to her as his girlfriend in BS2, and in BS3 it's implied (or maybe even said straight out) that their relationship never really went anywhere and things are now weird between them.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
Antibacterial

Send a message via MSN to RemiO

Anyway, yes, excellent interview. The art direction still makes me go but at least the game sounds promising.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #10

Great Interview!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:04 AM   #11
Dungeon Master

The interview actually made me interested in Broken Sword 4 for the very first time. Charles Cecil seems like a cool guy, and determined to bring back the best elements from The Sleeping Dragon and the "classic" instalments (he even mentions the cliff puzzle from BS1 which was possibly my favourite in the whole series ). And the Da Vinci Code game seems more and more unjustly written off by some of us (me included).

Great read.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
The interview actually made me interested in Broken Sword 4 for the very first time.
Yes, same for me.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:06 AM   #13
Excessively diverted

Thanks for a really interesting review Emily--Charles Cecil seems dead nice. It seems that some form of crate puzzle will be back though...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:49 AM   #14
fov
Rattenmonster

He is a very nice guy. I was a little nervous because he's such a "big name" in the industry, but he was really friendly and easy to talk to.

What he said about the crate puzzles made a lot of sense to me. I do believe that they've put a lot more thought into how those sorts of puzzles will be used this time around. Like others here, I wasn't really all that interested in Broken Sword 4 until I heard him talk about it. Now I am. (Lucky E3's just around the corner... )

I disagree about the art direction, but I guess I'm the lone dissenter on that. I think the characters look really great, especially that girl. And the backgrounds... dunno, some people are saying they're not detailed enough, but they just don't bother me.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to Cellardoor

Very nice interview! Too bad about this though;

Quote:
There's a big difference though. From what I have played of it, Gabriel Knight 3 is about the mythology surrounding Rennes Le Chateau. The Da Vinci Code is not!
Old 04-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #16

Is anyone sick and fed-up with this da vinci code nonsense? Everyone knows Davinci painted John slightly effeminate because he was supposed to have been quite young, (thus able to write both his gospel & revelations), suddenly now we'll try an turn this into some conspiacy? BORING, talk about the left-behind novels for the secular humanists. If they're so obessed with some church conspiracy story, why not have one about the Donation of Constantine or something, setting the main player in an interesting historical settings.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #17
Hopeful skeptic

Who's "they"? It's one guy's book. And its popularity meant a movie and a game. I'm not really seeing any obsession. And since I've not read the book, I'm neither sick nor fed up with the theme. Anyway, that has nothing to do with Cecil's interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
Tony Warriner said Nico would still be in it right back at the game's announcement.
Of course, "in" doesn't necessarily mean "starring in", so I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:16 PM   #18
Super Moderator

I had never seen Charles Cecil's picture before but for some reason (don't know why), I thought of him as being older and when he would be mentioned, I pictured him in my head looking like Robert Duvall.

Obviously, neither one of these things is true.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #19
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

I always thought he would be French, given his name (and apparent arrogance in the gaming press ¬¬). I was quite surprised when we met him last year at E3, and he turned out to be both English and quite nice
Old 04-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #20
fov
Rattenmonster

I thought he would be taller, myself.

Then again, he thought I would be Marek. It's amazing we found each other.