Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Where is pathologic ?? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/13151-where-pathologic.html)

qrious 02-06-2006 11:12 AM

Where is pathologic ??

Why is pathologic missing from the release dates list? i would like to know when its supposed to be released in english.

fov 02-06-2006 11:13 AM

Is this an adventure game? :confused:

I'm not familiar with it. Can you post a link to some information?

qrious 02-06-2006 11:17 AM

http://www.pathologic-game.com/eng_index.htm

from what ive heard its something like adventure with rpg elements.

Jackal 02-06-2006 11:46 AM

Part adventure, part Survival Horror, part RPG... A few too many "parts" to be a game that looks like it'll fall under the site's coverage criteria.

As for a release date, all you'd get is a guess anyway, as to the best of my knowledge there is no English publishing arrangement. The game is already DONE, as it's been released elsewhere, so if the game ever gets an English publisher, then we'd take a closer look at it.

Leo 02-06-2006 11:57 AM

According to amazon.co.uk it's supposed to be out on february 24th. I don't know much about it though.

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...455368-2979954

Jackal 02-06-2006 12:08 PM

Heh. Amazon reporting a GMX game. Two reliable sources in one go! Woo! :D

GMX doesn't list the game in its product lineup, so I really don't know where that came from.

Personally, I thing the game sounds rather interesting, and I hope it DOES come out. Still debatable whether AG would cover it, though.

qrious 02-06-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
Part adventure, part Survival Horror, part RPG... A few too many "parts" to be a game that looks like it'll fall under the site's coverage criteria.

As for a release date, all you'd get is a guess anyway, as to the best of my knowledge there is no English publishing arrangement. The game is already DONE, as it's been released elsewhere, so if the game ever gets an English publisher, then we'd take a closer look at it.

ehm lets dont talk about the site's coverage criteria. i see metronome on the list...

pathologic is the most awaited "adventure" for me along with tonguska. just watch the trailer...
its confirmed that the game will be released in english and other languages and probably late this month. i am just not sure

Dale Baldwin 02-06-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrious
ehm lets dont talk about the site's coverage criteria. i see metronome on the list...

And at this current point in time, we don't know enough about metronome to discount it. Who knows, metronome may not see the light of day anyway.

However, we DO know things about pathologic, which pushes it towards the 'do we cover it or not?' line.

fov 02-06-2006 12:23 PM

The fact that we covered Metronome at E3 doesn't necessarily mean we'll continue to cover it as more comes out about the game. ;) At this point, not enough IS known about Metronome to really say if it falls under the site's criteria.

What languages has Pathologic already been released in? Just curious.

EDIT: Yeah, what Dale said. :P

Jackal 02-06-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrious
its confirmed that the game will be released in english and other languages and probably late this month. i am just not sure

Feel free to enlighten us with the details you DO have, then.

qrious 02-06-2006 12:34 PM

http://adventure-eu.com/index.php?op...d=92&Itemid=63

Jackal 02-06-2006 12:47 PM

I meant in terms of this "confirmed" English release. That link doesn't say anything new.

qrious 02-06-2006 01:05 PM

you can find in the game's forum that it has been translated for some time now and its been sent to the publisher. you can also find the game available for preorder in many sites ( play.com for example)
that is some kind of confirmation dont you think?

fov 02-06-2006 01:09 PM

We generally don't report things like release dates and publisher agreements unless they've been confirmed by the developer or the publisher. ;) (Note that we still haven't reported anything about those mysterious Sierra compliations...) Retailers' websites are often wrong on the release date, and sometimes even wrong about the publisher. It's important to us to only report based on reputable sources. :)

Again - no one's saying we won't necessarily opt to cover the game, based on what we can find out about it. But the question was why we haven't covered it YET, and the reason is that we don't have good information that the game falls into AG's criteria.

As for getting a confirmation on the release date - have you tried contacting GMX about it? Might be that simple.

Dale Baldwin 02-06-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
As for getting a confirmation on the release date - have you tried contacting GMX about it? Might be that simple.

And while you're at it, ask them when they're going to release Runaway ;)

fov 02-06-2006 01:13 PM

:D

You Brits aren't still bitter about THAT, are you? :P

Ariel Type 02-06-2006 01:16 PM

Pathologic is actually an adventure game with minor rpg and action elements. And a pretty good one. Though might be too original for some people.

tabacco 02-06-2006 01:31 PM

"too original"?

Jackal 02-06-2006 02:32 PM

I've just contacted the developers, so if they're talking, I'll pass along what I hear. (Unless it's in Russian.)

Kurufinwe 02-07-2006 01:43 AM

Quote:

I've just contacted the developers, so if they're talking, I'll pass along what I hear. (Unless it's in Russian.)

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/272/kalb37mf.png

And in case anyone is interested, the game seems to have been released in France; but if that's indeed the case, it was met with complete indifference --- probably due to the fact that the publisher (Microids) died around that time. :frusty:

squarejawhero 02-07-2006 01:47 AM

This is that wierd, twisted game with the interesting design isn't it?

RLacey 02-07-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
This is that wierd, twisted game with the interesting design isn't it?

American McGee's Alice came out a while back ;).

Jackal 02-07-2006 06:17 AM

Are we all thinking about the same game? Maybe there's confusion with Psychotoxic? Psychonauts? Some other weird, twisted, met-with-indifference "P" game? There's too many of them! :D

In any case, here's the deal on the game at hand. Buka has the worldwide publishing rights, and they HAVE licensed the game out for English distribution in the UK and Australia. It is indeed GMX for the UK, but since they haven't announced it yet or added it to their online product lineup, I think a February release is a little optimistic. Or a lot optimistic. Indeed, with GMX, sometimes the phrase "when it's out" is the operating principle.

In the meantime, I added the game to our database and will have a longer look at the game. I included the screen with the flame thrower just to freak people out. :devil:

RLacey 02-07-2006 06:40 AM

Could you not have photoshopped in a health bar to really worry people? ;)

squarejawhero 02-07-2006 07:00 AM

It's the one with the odd Mirrormask style creepy thing, isn't it. I'm interested in this one, but I guarantee 100% f*ckup rate on the English voiceovers as ever.

AFGNCAAP 02-07-2006 10:18 AM

:frown:

Your alias: AFGNCAAP

Your objectives: Put Pathologic on the site's Hype-O-Meter.

Your results: Even staff doesn't know what Pathologic is.

MISSION STATUS: FAILED MISERABLY

Jackal 02-07-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Your results: Even staff doesn't know what Pathologic is.

AF

I knew what the game WAS. I'm just not convinced about where it falls in terms of genre. And until I had reason to believe it was likely to come out in English, there really wasn't much motivation to pursue it. ;)

But now that I know there's a flame thrower! Well... that makes all the difference. :D

RLacey 02-07-2006 10:27 AM

\o/

AFGNCAAP 02-07-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

I knew what the game WAS.

I know. :) I wasn't clear enough.

MISSION STATUS UPDATED

Your results: Most of the staff doesn't know what Pathologic is; the rest is beating you up with a frying pan.

CURRENT MISSION STATUS: FAILED MISERABLY PLUS A SPLITTING HEADACHE

Incidentally, I had lost my hope for any "Western" release of this game. I'm glad to be (apparently) wrong.

Jackal 02-07-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
CURRENT MISSION STATUS: FAILED MISERABLY PLUS A SPLITTING HEADACHE

You also seem to have some drool on your face.

RLacey 02-07-2006 10:56 AM

And your eye socket is bleeding.

Ariel Type 02-07-2006 11:42 AM

tobacco
Quote:

"too original"?
Well, for more details..
There's a 3D world and you look through the eyes of your hero. There are three people at your choise, two men and one girl (the girl is possible only after you've played as one of the man).
You arrive at the small village. After some time an epidemic starts - some strange unknown disease spreads with great speed. You have to investigate those events.
The world is actually rather big, and you can use the map just for navigation, you travel all the way by foot. You visit different people, seeking for some cure. The game is played in realtime (five minutes=1hour, if I remember correctly), and there are twelve days. You have a notebook, where all important information goes to. There are "main objectives", which influence the whole storyline, and some other goals, which are not nesessary to finish (like in RPG). There are several endings.
In your travel you can enter every house, there are people walking on streets (you get some information from them, make barters or just kill them); characters necessary for the story usually sit in their houses, and you make some tasks for them. While you talk to the character the choises you make often influence future events.
You get lots of items (by trading, finding in houses, streets or corpses), get food and medicine (which is, along with sleep, is nesessary for your survival), get weapon (there are 6 types or so, though it is rarely used - it's often a choise, use it or not), you look for your reputation (if it is low, people will hate you :)) and so on.
It is actually rather complex game, but the story and characters are very good. Every scenario is unique, though all three heroes live through the same 12 days and even meet from time to time.
The nearest game I can think of is Quest for Glory 4.

TangentBlack 02-07-2006 11:54 AM

Aπό Πού είστε, Grious;

qrious 02-07-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TangentBlack
Aπό Πού είστε, Grious;

ellada. esy? kalitera na milisoume apo PM . des kai to site stin ipografi mou . den ine grious alla qrious :P

squarejawhero 02-07-2006 05:13 PM

Hey! Habla es English, dudes? I wanna know too!

So, are the graphics, animation, sound, controls etc. alright? People need to know! So does the Daily Planet!

stuboy 02-07-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I guarantee 100% f*ckup rate on the English voiceovers as ever.

Yup. I was quite interested in this game until I saw the horrible box art and terrible press release on play.com (which reckons it's out at the end of the month.) Here are some choice excerpts;

Quote:

In the depths of the Ancient Steppe appeared a weird town.
So it's weird, is it. Top choice of adjective there, mate.

Quote:

were it not for a sudden outbreak of some enigmatic, lethal and inescapable disease
They even make it sound like a plot device.

Quote:

Three outsiders arrive in the contaminated town. The first was a highly-educated Bachelor
Way to change tenses!

Quote:

which begins to mercilessly slaughter the denizens inhabiting the area
Yeah, cause inhabiting is what denizens tend to do.

Seriously, why do publishers, who spend lots of money promoting their game, not at least hire a proofreader, or at least someone who can write better than a stoned monkey?

squarejawhero 02-07-2006 06:15 PM

Money.

Tightwads.

squarejawhero 02-07-2006 08:24 PM

There's a video walkthrough doing the rounds if you check on google.

edit - Having watched it (it's not a full walkthrough but a gameplay video) it looks well worth covering, AG peeps.

Jackal 02-07-2006 09:14 PM

I've seen several gameplay movies from the Russian publisher, and I always liked the concept. The question at this stage isn't whether it's GOOD, though. As always, we'll cover it if it seems primarily an adventure.

squarejawhero 02-07-2006 09:29 PM

Define "adventure".

*heads for the hills*

Actually, I'm not kidding. The general idea of an adventure game seems so different to what it was only two years ago that you guys surely find what to cover and what not to more and more difficult.