Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   A For Sale Section (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/10988-sale-section.html)

Melanie68 10-05-2005 04:13 PM

A For Sale Section

Would it be advantageous to have a special section for people who want to post an Ebay link for games for sale (e.g. Jelly3's threads) or if someone finds an interesting Ebay auction or if they have a computer they want to sell (like SJH for instance), etc.

If it's going to be too much work or a pain in the butt for the mods and admins, ignore the suggestion. But it might be nice to consolidate those kinds of threads so they are easier to find and they don't get lost in the shuffle.

:) :)

Intrepid Homoludens 10-05-2005 10:39 PM

We've had numerous requests for this in the past, and the answer remains: Sorry, no. I know other sites do it, but here we prefer anyone wanting to sell games or saying they're interested in buying a certain game to simply post it in the Adventure section of the forums. After that, all parties interested in doing business must do it privately amongst themselves - by email, AIM, phone, ebay, whatever. We're just not interested getting caught in the middle should anyone get ripped off.

squarejawhero 10-05-2005 11:12 PM

Oh, yeah! Forgot about that computer.

D'oh!

Well, it works, I know that much. Just need to check out its system specs.

smashing 10-05-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
We've had numerous requests for this in the past, and the answer remains: Sorry, no. I know other sites do it, but here we prefer anyone wanting to sell games or saying they're interested in buying a certain game to simply post it in the Adventure section of the forums. After that, all parties interested in doing business must do it privately amongst themselves - by email, AIM, phone, ebay, whatever. We're just not interested getting caught in the middle should anyone get ripped off.

Doesn't seems like you're on vacation from modding... :P

Anyway, I really think that it's not a good idea for sale section. It would only invite unnecessary :spam: and nonsense. I like it as it is! :D

Intrepid Homoludens 10-05-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashing
Doesn't seems like you're on vacation from modding... :P

Have you seen that new feature in the message posting window? This is how it works:

smashing

smashing 10-05-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Have you seen that new feature in the message posting window? This is how it works:

smashing

Just read about it.

trepsie

Intrepid Homoludens 10-06-2005 12:30 AM

Good.

smashing

Melanie68 10-06-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

Like I said, I don't have to deal with administration of the site so I can understand where it could become a huge pain.:)

smashing 10-06-2005 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68
Like I said, I don't have to deal with administration of the site so I can understand where it could become a huge pain.:)

Glad that you can see the light.
melanie

Melanie68 10-06-2005 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashing
Glad that you can see the light.
melanie

Someone is enjoying the pan shortcut.:P

Smashing

tee hee

smashing 10-06-2005 02:05 AM

Quote:

Someone is enjoying the pan shortcut.:P

Smashing

tee hee

Yes I am. I'm on a mission to pan everybody in AG. :D

melanie

RLacey 10-06-2005 03:13 AM

http://jake.idlethumbs.net/UltiPan.gif
smashing

smashing 10-06-2005 04:44 AM

Thanks for the Lacey Oil TM. :D

Rlacey

Filmman 10-09-2005 10:08 AM

Somebody will get ripped off and that will lead to flame wars on the forums. Not to mention people trying to run scams. More trouble than its worth. so that no for a for sale section on the forum here.

fov 10-11-2005 11:09 AM

Gameboomers has a nice trading post over on their forum. I take the lazy way out and send people over there when they're looking to buy something. :D

Melanie68 10-11-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
Gameboomers has a nice trading post over on their forum. I take the lazy way out and send people over there when they're looking to buy something. :D

Maybe you're just being efficient.:)

gillyruless 10-11-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Maybe you're just being efficient.:)

Maybe you are just being super nice.

;)

Yea, Mom's back from her vacation!

VoodooFX 10-11-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I take the lazy way out and send people over there when they're looking to buy something. :D

Hey, who are you calling lazy? :shifty: :)

Glenn Epic 10-11-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filmman
Somebody will get ripped off and that will lead to flame wars on the forums. Not to mention people trying to run scams. More trouble than its worth. so that no for a for sale section on the forum here.

That's your most coherent post ever! Bravo

Filmman

jelly3 10-31-2005 02:41 PM

Hey my name was mentioned, hello.
My biggest fear, is that someone will find my 'for sale' posts a pain in the rear and complain.
Go and wobble elsewhere jelly3.

Just to say I do make a contribution, however small, I don't just come here to make 'for sale', posts. However speaking of that, ahem, let me make haste to the adventure section.