You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Feedback Indigo Prophecy Review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #21
Hopeful skeptic

No, if anything, it may even enhance it, as it increases the likelihood you'll see everything the game has to see (extra dialogue, etc.)

If you got to the end of Psychonauts on your own, though, you can probably handle the normal setting. (And incidentally, that meat circus level was brutal. )
Old 09-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
It's already at GoGamer. You're just spelling it wrong. It's Fahrenheit, and it's $45.

EDIT: Whoops, welcome to AG, amitavc.

bah! i am an eedeeot. sorry friend.
anyway, thanks for the welcome, i have been lurking for about a year now, but i decided to register and start posting. i am enjoying the recent semi-revival of the genre.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #23
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Quote:
No, if anything, it may even enhance it, as it increases the likelihood you'll see everything the game has to see (extra dialogue, etc.)

If you got to the end of Psychonauts on your own, though, you can probably handle the normal setting. (And incidentally, that meat circus level was brutal. )
Very cool. Can't wait to get the game (As for psychonauts, i'm hoping that after putting it away for a bit, i'll magically develop in my sleep the synapses I need to improve my reflexes for that stupid level )
Old 09-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #24
Super Moderator

Thanks Gilly, Emily and Jackal. That Saitek pad looks cool .
Old 09-20-2005, 10:31 AM   #25
capsized.

Quote:
I don't follow. What don't you like about them? Not enough vowels? Too guttural? Honestly, what's the complaint?
Jackal, I dunno. The phrase "Hardcore adventure gamer" etc. sounds so alien to me. Maybe because I'ver never met one (someone who isn't able to handle all the, eh, serious stuff...). Hell, I catched my mum and dad playing Cauldron when I was eight years old. Plus, I think Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is all about _emotional experience_ and content, not some "Don't go there!" "genre" boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly
PS Oh and sam, I did try Mafia but I couldn't handle it.
That's sad. Admittedly, it's indeed a pretty hard game. Lovely soundtrack, don't you think? Hey, come over to play some Mafia, so that I can finally meet one of 'em people.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #26
Hopeful skeptic

Umm, okay. Note that I'm distinguishing gamERS, though, not games. It's a very real demographic, and I had to address their perspective. I spent most of the review bending over backwards trying NOT to pigeonhole the game with labels, so I snuck in the back door by applying them to the players.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 PM   #27
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

I will chime in and also praise the review-author. A real good description of the game and it's qualities (I hope). But I don't know if I'll buy it (I haven't even got round to play the demo yet), because to me immersion is all very fine, but I rank good handling of a story much higher. I might buy it though because it sounds to be a bit unique.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 09-20-2005, 12:52 PM   #28
capsized.

Quote:
Note that I'm distinguishing gamERS, though, not games.
Isn't it sad that people let themselves be distinguished into certain groups? I mean, can't they be a little bit more sophisticated than that? Point taken, and still a very good review!
Old 09-20-2005, 12:52 PM   #29
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

That sound you hear is my ATM card crying from exhaustion, lol....

Between Still Life, Indigo Prophecy, Myst 5, Bone, and non-adventure games like Black and White 2, Fable: The Lost Chapter, KOTOR 2, and The Movies, I'm going to need to win a major lottery soon!!!

And yet, I wouldn't have it any other way....I'm DEFINITELY getting Indigo Prophecy, it sounds way too interesting to pass up.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #30
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
I have a feeling that a lot of GBers will be having a problem with the game. I will be getting the game and I have a feeling that I will like it a lot. Too bad that it sounds like that the action sequences hinder more than aid in telling the story (at least to me, I was never able to finish Dues Ex and Max Payne because they were too action heavy and I got too frustrated).

PS Oh and sam, I did try Mafia but I couldn't handle it. Parts of it were very good but some of the sequences in the game were just too much for me. I need to go to action gaming school and get better at it.
Aw, babe!! Too bad you don't live near me, we could've had a series of Indigo Prophecy nights with wine and pizza where I'd teach you hands on how get better with the 'action' bits.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #31
Citizen of Bizarro World

Shouldn't Treppie's 6000+ post count be retought, given that 90% of his messages are innuendo?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 09-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #32
merely human

You know me too well. However, my reply to gilly wasn't one of those 'innuendos' at all. I really would love to teach him to play action/adventures better, there are so many good ones out there.

Oh, and I think you're just jealous, big boy.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-21-2005, 04:28 AM   #33

Default Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy- Adventure Gamers Review

This is the best thing that has happened to the Adventure Genre for some time and yet Jack Allin STILL only gave it 4 stars

Discuss
Old 09-21-2005, 05:05 AM   #34
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc4978
This is the best thing that has happened to the Adventure Genre for some time and yet Jack Allin STILL only gave it 4 stars

Discuss
When reading the review it's pretty clear that this is the score it deserved.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:06 AM   #35

Quote:
Discuss
No.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 AM   #36

Quote:

Discuss
Jack in my book is one of the most talented and fair reviewer of AGs in all of gaming industry, so no thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:22 AM   #37

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Did we need another topic on this?

BTW, I just noticed that Indigo is backordered for all platforms at Gamestop.com. Weird.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?s...ecy&platform=0
Old 09-21-2005, 05:35 AM   #38
How am I not myself?

Quote:

Discuss
It might just be the best thing that has happened to the adventure games genre for quite some time. Let's face it though, we are far from the golden years of adventure gaming. So it surely doesn't warrant a rating worthy of the best of the best.

And Gilly: I agree!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:20 AM   #39
Super Moderator

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=10494
Old 09-21-2005, 06:34 AM   #40
Hopeful skeptic

Aww, this thread is pretty anti-climactic. What a disappointment. Of course, it doesn't bode well when the thread starter doesn't even make an argument.

Seriously, though, it IS boring just to argue over a few rating points here and there. It got my overall recommendation and two thumbs sort of up (), so the game is not going to suffer because of me.

If you want a discussion point, I'd much rather see someone coherently argue why it's the best thing to happen to the genre in years. I'm assuming the implication is that it IS, in fact, the saviour of the genre, and that its success will singlehandedly impact the future of adventures in awesome and glorious ways.

Needless to say, I disagree, but I'll keep my mouth shut until someone takes a shot at it.

EDIT: Thanks for the compliments mixed in there.