Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Feedback (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/)
-   -   Spoiler tags... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/feedback/10334-spoiler-tags.html)

kasus 09-12-2005 08:02 AM

Spoiler tags...

i'm i blind , or is there no shortcut button for hiding spoilers?
(like the "wrap spoiler tags around selected text" button , like the qoute wrap.)
do we have to write [spoiler ]spoiler goes here[ /spoiler ] every time?
(oi, i just did ;) )

just wondering..

fov 09-12-2005 08:15 AM

I never really looked before, but I don't think there's a shortcut.

Maquisard 09-12-2005 02:04 PM

Now that we're on the subject, I'd like for spoilers to be within the text, rather than a separate paragraph. You know like:

"I was rushing to the bathroom, but couldn't get there in time so I [spoilage] myself."

as opposed to

"I was rushing to the bathroom, but couldn't get there in time so I
Spoiler:
soiled
myself."

smashing 09-12-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
Now that we're on the subject, I'd like for spoilers to be within the text, rather than a separate paragraph. You know like:

"I was rushing to the bathroom, but couldn't get there in time so I [spoilage] myself."

as opposed to

"I was rushing to the bathroom, but couldn't get there in time so I
Spoiler:
soiled
myself."

If you desire to have that effect, just change the font colour to LemonChiffon and it shouldn't show...

If only the background is white, white font would work even better! :D

Maquisard 09-16-2005 11:23 AM

Wow that works great, and is actually faster than typing out [spoiler]!

Maquisard 09-16-2005 11:40 AM

You can see a certain difference of colors, but no way could you figure out what it says without highlighting it first, unless you wanna go blind.

I wonder if monitors with different color configurations can actually see what it says though? :confused:

btw, now that we have reset to an authorized version of the : confused : smiley, why not give it a link on the sidebar again?

kasus 10-22-2005 08:24 AM

Just noticed that there is a new quick button for the spoiler tag in the new edit function.
Big up ADVG!

RLacey 10-22-2005 08:38 AM

I really hate it when people just change the colour of their text. Particularly when they don't make it clear that there is a spoiler there. :(

Melanie68 10-22-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
I really hate it when people just change the colour of their text. Particularly when they don't make it clear that there is a spoiler there. :(

Especially when our lives have been made that much easier with the spoiler shortcut (which I forget is there and do it longhand :shifty: ).

Dale Baldwin 10-22-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey

I edited a few such posts today, and will continue to do so if I see more like them. :)

Intrepid Homoludens 10-22-2005 11:17 AM

Guys, there IS a shortcut for spoiler tags. In the reply window look for the bold question mark symbol next to the frying pan. You can use it in one of two ways:

1) Click the question mark and it'll automatically make the tags appear in the text field -

[ SPOILER ]spoiler text[ /SPOILER ]

(without the spaces inside the brackets, of course). All you need to do is type in your spoiler text.

2) Type your spoiler, highlight it all, then click the question mark - instant tags.

kasus 10-22-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Guys, there IS a shortcut for spoiler tags. In the reply window look for the bold question mark symbol next to the frying pan.

well thats what this post by me was for now wasnt it intrepid ;)

Quote:

Just noticed that there is a new quick button for the spoiler tag in the new edit function.
Big up ADVG!

fov 10-22-2005 03:21 PM

The shortcut was added with the vBulletin update at the end of September. Doug must have read this thread. :)

Intrepid Homoludens 10-22-2005 04:12 PM

t3h g0ds have answered our humble little prayers!!!

(((((tabs)))))

;)

tabacco 10-22-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
The shortcut was added with the vBulletin update at the end of September. Doug must have read this thread. :)

Actually, I did it in the middle of September, but nobody noticed, so I finally made a thread about it at the end of September :)