You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #1

Default the gameplay, who great it

the gameplay is very cool, where do you have it from?

I am a Big fan of Omikron: the nomad soul

Thank you/Team for 2 of the best game, ever... I hope there will come a 2 of Fahrenheit, with Lucas child or in the future 10000 years later...

I look forward to Omikron 2 (KARMA) in 2007, it will be nice if you will tell us a little about it...
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #2

Thanks.

The design of the game play was quite unusual as I tried to think about it in a different way. In most games, the goal is to stuck the player and give him issues to solve. In Fahrenheit, I wanted the story to be the only puzzle, and just ask the player to react in a logical way to make the story move along. I also wanted 100% of the gamers who started the game to see the end, and not stop in the middle of the experience because they are stuck.

The design is based on this simple idea as well as on old fashioned game play ideas, like the "Track&Field" (the interface used to move the dead body in the restrooms at the beginning). It was really a kind of "hommage" to the old games, used in a different context.

I really think that the pleasure of Indigo Prophecy does not come from mastering the controls, which is the common definition of game play in video games, but rather from the emotions the experience generates. This is to me one of the most interesting aspects of the game.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #3

thank you for the answer... I love you games, there a for nice