You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #1

Default Atari in Germany

Hello David Cage,

(sorry for my bad english )

I'm happy about the success of Fahrenheit and that Fahrenheit is selling well in Europe. But I was disappointed about Atari:

The german lokalisation, especially the german speakers in the game are awful (A gamemagazine wrote that the game looses much atmosphere because of the bad german speakers - and I agree with the magazine).
There was no promotion for this game - no ads in magazines, only few press release, the official website (atari.com/fahrenheit) was updated very rare, and Atari did not announced (did a press release) that Fahrenheit came out a week later because of some problems in delivery.

Why did you accepted that Atari ruined the german version of Fahrenheit because of the bad speakers? (In Germany Fahrenheit received some lower ratings because of the speakers, e.g. PCGames 75%, Justgamers 79%)
Why was there no promotion for Fahrenheit?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #2

It is difficult to have control over everything. Fahrenheit has been translated into seven languages. I personaly directed the english version and supervised parts of the french version. Given the time constraints we had, it was impossible for us to be present at each recording session in each territory.

I am really sorry that the german audio was not as good. I will definitely investigate and try to understand what happened.

All I can do is to recommand to play with the english audio and the german subtitles.