You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #1

Default Questions for Mr. Cage

Thank you again for taking the time to come and answer our questions, Mr. Cage.

First of all, let me just say that the production values of this game are the best I've seen in a long time. You and your team took a excellent story and immersed us in what seemed like a great suspense-thriller flick. What inspired you to first write the initial storyline(s) for this game, and were at all influence by any other director's work (movie, tv, etc.)?

Second, lately, I've been really intrigued by video games breaking away from a particular norm and using "interactive cutscenes" (aside from your game, Resident Evil 4 could be another example). Do you think more games should implement this to keep the gamer interested during times they can't play, or would that make those who do it (and do it well) seem less special?

Finally, would you agree with the assessment that your game is (though not limited to being) the modern day successor of the "Point-and-Click" adventures in the early years of the PC?

Again, thank you for coming to talk to us, and can't wait to see what comes next from your studio.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #2

I've been inspired by many movies and directors, including Fincher's Seven or Silence of the Lambs.

I think that there are more and more solutions to make cut scenes interactive. Resident 4 offered some interesting solutions.

Fahrenheit can probably be seen as a kind of "Make you own adventure" book, a successor of text-based games or point and click adventures in a certain way. Its real innovation really lies on its emotional aspect.