You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:25 AM   #1

Default Watch as a movie?

The action sequences were fun, but i couldn't really concentrate on what was happening. Therefore i'd love to watch the whole game as a movie. Is there a possibility to make that work? I wouldn't care whether it would be the way I played the game, if only i could watch it as a whole. Every way of the story is fascinating to me. So i would be glad if you could distribute an upgrade that is able to do this. I just can't get enough of the game.

manu_r
Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 AM   #2

I must say that is a smashing idea. Some of those action sequences were awsome, I really wished I could have concentrated on them uninhibited.

Watching the game as a movie would be damn awesome.

I would imagine scripting it would be a pain though. Maybe if we could just watch the action and cutscene bits, while bits like peeing ()and picking stuff up etc left out.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r
Therefore i'd love to watch the whole game as a movie. Is there a possibility to make that work?
I can totally sympathise with that - and I had the good fortune of being able to watch it as that, since BoyToy was the first to play it, and hence I could peer over his shoulder all the time. It certainly wasn't boring. The pacing is excellent for bystanders - but I have to agree that it's hard to impossible to keep track of everything that's happening in the action sequences, simply alone already because the human eye/mind can only focus on one thing at a time

So, at any rate, if all else fails - get a friend to play it! That's the same effect!
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 09-29-2005, 09:22 AM   #4

Default an idea

I have no idea how games are programmed, but i could imagine that it would be possible to use an ordered list of actions and choices (including walkLeft and walkRight, when the character has to look for something), that could be started with the game, so that the game reacts to the list as player input. Than the game could be watched like a movie. The list could even be build while one playes the game. Well, i'm just hoping there would be a way...

manu_r
Old 09-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I'm curious about this topic.

Last edited by Legolas813; 09-30-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

You can watch select action sequences from the game without having to play through them again (like the car chase and the church scene). Just go to the Bonus menu, click on the sequence you want, and click Watch.

Last edited by Legolas813; 09-30-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #7

Default Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy the movie

First of all, thank you for launching the topic and for your interest in our game ;-).
From a technical standpoint, be aware that we are actually capable of playing through the game and of "producing" such a movie. The issue is, there are so many different stories to tell....
We are already thinking of producing one out of the game however, but can't say too much about it for now. Maybe next year....
Old 09-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

When I was a kid I hooked up the Nintendo to the same TV as the VCR and recorded myself playing Super Mario Brothers. Could the same be done if someone were playing Fahrenheit on a PS2? (Assuming you have something as archaic as a VCR, of course. ) Maybe not the high tech solution you're looking for, but it'd be a fairly simple way to see the game as a movie...

There is a game that does this - Tender Loving Care (although some people swear up and down it's too much like an interactive movie to be a game...) After you play through, you can watch all the video clips in order to see the game as a movie. I never did it though... I was more interested in playing again and trying for different outcomes than sitting back and watching the whole thing I'd just played through all over again.