You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #1

Default Omikron 2 - Synopsis?

Hi David,

I just want to say you are my hero. I played your game, I read your dev diaries, and I thought, "this is exactly what I have been saying about games for years", the emotional connection you make with a character, to actually have that empathic connection is something rarely found these days.

Empathy, Atomosphere, and Story are the most important aspects in any game for me (ok maybe not the racing games) , and I play all sorts of games.
Fahrenheit is possibly the only game I have ever felt the urge to send fan mail to the developer to show appreciation for their vision and dedication.

Ok to the question. Omikron 2, is it a direct sequel to Omikron : Nomad Soul or is it simply set in the same world/city? I never got to finish the original and I want to know if I will be fully set to play the sequel despite the gaps in my experience?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #2

Default Omikron 2 release plans??

Hi

Will the sequel be as atmospheric and when can we expect launch,will it launch before Infraworld or after infraworld???When we can expect any trailer from omikron2?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #3

Default questions about omikron 2

hey david,

could you give us some specific information about the sequel to one of the best games ever? (I'm not ass-kissing, it's true! ) what's the story about? will it use the fahrenheit engine? is it gonna be a direct sequel to omikron or only a 'spiritual successor'? are we gonna see any familiar faces from the first game? and most importantly, when is it gonna be released?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #4

Default No Way?

Is there any chance that you will divulge anything on Omikron 2?

I and my sister currently run what I believe is the only fan site for the game at the moment.... any chance??
Old 09-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #5

Karma will be the spiritual successor of Omikron, not a sequel as such.

We hope to make the game even more atmospheric than the first one. It won't use the Fahrenheit engine as it will be dedicated to next gen consoles and PC. Don't expect it before a while, as the game is currently in pre-production. But we have in mind to allow fans to follow the development through a dedicated internet site with exclusive material.

I don't know your site about Omikron. What is the adress?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #6

I believe their site is http://omikron.dasmirnov.net/

By the way..I cannot wait for Omikron 2. I still love The Nomad Soul even today, especially the beginning of the game where you had to spend so much time seeing what the initial character's life was like and living it for a while.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
Karma will be the spiritual successor of Omikron, not a sequel as such.

We hope to make the game even more atmospheric than the first one.
Is it really possible? Than you a GOD!!!!
If it would be the same atmospheric as the first part I'll be the happinest man in the world.
The Nomad Soul is GREATEST game till this day.

Quote:
It won't use the Fahrenheit engine as it will be dedicated to next gen consoles and PC. Don't expect it before a while, as the game is currently in pre-production. But we have in mind to allow fans to follow the development through a dedicated internet site with exclusive material.

I don't know your site about Omikron. What is the adress?
Can I publish that material too?
http://omikrongame.blogspot.com
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 PM   #8
" Legendary "

Hold up now, the people who made omikron on dreamcast and the pc post on this forum?

If so, how about a direct link to buy the music in the game? The music is so touching and it sounds very peaceful, i need something like that.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable2K
Hold up now, the people who made omikron on dreamcast and the pc post on this forum?

If so, how about a direct link to buy the music in the game? The music is so touching and it sounds very peaceful, i need something like that.
You mean David Bowie "Hours" album? It's a numerous links searching in Google.
Reeves I don't know if he has an album, but the perfect tracks can be find from Deus Ex (1) also.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #10
" Legendary "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
You mean David Bowie "Hours" album? It's a numerous links searching in Google.
Reeves I don't know if he has an album, but the perfect tracks can be find from Deus Ex (1) also.
I have deus EX GOTY sitting right next to my computer in a brand new jewel case, had it in my pc game collection since 2004, just never got around to playing it. Might check it out later or tomorrow.

Anyway, i have hours. Bought it years ago( 9.99 ) at best buy. I was talking about level tracks tho, like in some levels or just places that you go, you will hear music being played in the background. I guess if i wanted to hear it tho, i will have to pick up the pc version and just look in the folder. Only thing i cant find the pc version.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
I have deus EX GOTY sitting right next to my computer in a brand new jewel case, had it in my pc game collection since 2004, just never got around to playing it. Might check it out later or tomorrow.

Anyway, i have hours. Bought it years ago( 9.99 ) at best buy. I was talking about level tracks tho, like in some levels or just places that you go, you will hear music being played in the background.
I was very wondered of knowing that cause the music in Deus Ex is perfect. After reading who's composing I said. Hey I know him. I want to listen all Omikron and Deus music day after day, but searching WEB find nothing. I;t simple a backround music, very well making. But of course tracks can be played from Deus Ex install folder by WinAMP with IT plugin.

Quote:
I guess if i wanted to hear it tho, i will have to pick up the pc version and just look in the folder. Only thing i cant find the pc version.
I'm not very sure you can do it. Cause nobody of the fans knows it.
All music till now simply recorded from an audio input of PCaudiocard, as I know. There no editor for this game, very bad, but it is so... If you could do it, say me how. I'm interesting in it too.

And here http://www.reevesgabrels.com/ official site Reeves Gabrel.

Last edited by Logan; 10-14-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #12

You should probably contact David Cage about finding a way to extract the game's audio tracks. I doubt it though, because Fahrenheit has the same problem. There's no way to get the audio tracks out of that game either.