You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:10 AM   #1

Default A few Q's

First of all welcome David...and congrats on making a superb movie Ijust have a few questions

1-Was it ever in your thoughts to have Lucas as an out and out cold blooded killer....an actual psycho who enjoys killing?...or was it always your intent to have Lucas killing against his will and it being beyond his control?

2-Did you feel putting sexual scenes into the game would cause trouble,were you ever nervous about including such material?

3-Who is your favourite character and why?

P.S-Please make Fahrenheit two

Thank you David

Last edited by Citizen Kane; 09-29-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #2

ALso what are your top five favourite games?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #3

Nice User Name !

This is one of my favourite movies.

1-Was it ever in your thoughts to have Lucas as an out and out cold blooded killer....an actual psycho who enjoys killing?...or was it always your intent to have Lucas killing against his will and it being beyond his control?
----------- >>>>> You cannot imagine the issues I had to convince people that the hero of the game should be a murderer. A lot of marketing people at Vivendi thought that no one would emphatize with a murderer (amazing, when you know that killing is what game heroes do the most, and Lucas just had to kill one person in a state of trance...).
So no, I never thought about Lucas as a cold blooded killer. I always thought of him as the Fugitive, a guy accused of a murder he did not really commit.

2-Did you feel putting sexual scenes into the game would cause trouble,were you ever nervous about including such material?
------------- >>>> Not at all. I was convinced that it made sense in my story and that people would have to accept it. I just added the interactive part with Tiffany, which is a little bit gratuitous, I agree, just to have the player smiling in that scene.
I was quite naive, as all sex scenes had to be edited for the US versions.

------------- >>>> I know a lot of people love Tyler because he is funny, others love Carla because she is sexy. Personaly, I always feel close to Lucas, probably because he has no real control on what's happening to him. He is just a pawn living his pawn's life, as he says in the intro. He has no real choice, like many of us in our daily lives.

--------------- >>>> I really want to continue to explore this format. I guess the commercial success of Fahrenheit will give me some space to do that...
Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cage
Nice User Name !

This is one of my favourite movies.

----------- >>>>> You cannot imagine the issues I had to convince people that the hero of the game should be a murderer. A lot of marketing people at Vivendi thought that no one would emphatize with a murderer (amazing, when you know that killing is what game heroes do the most, and Lucas just had to kill one person in a state of trance...).
So no, I never thought about Lucas as a cold blooded killer. I always thought of him as the Fugitive, a guy accused of a murder he did not really commit.

------------- >>>> Not at all. I was convinced that it made sense in my story and that people would have to accept it. I just added the interactive part with Tiffany, which is a little bit gratuitous, I agree, just to have the player smiling in that scene.
I was quite naive, as all sex scenes had to be edited for the US versions.

------------- >>>> I know a lot of people love Tyler because he is funny, others love Carla because she is sexy. Personaly, I always feel close to Lucas, probably because he has no real control on what's happening to him. He is just a pawn living his pawn's life, as he says in the intro. He has no real choice, like many of us in our daily lives.

--------------- >>>> I really want to continue to explore this format. I guess the commercial success of Fahrenheit will give me some space to do that...
Thanks David and keep up the good work