You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Archived Developer Chats Fahrenheit Chat Was the speed at the end of the game intended?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 AM   #1

Default Was the speed at the end of the game intended?

Hi David,

I love Fahrenheit and can't get it out of my head.
I'm still somewhere in the world you have created and can't get used to reality.
I'd like to know whether you developers were in a hurry creating the last third of the game, since all the stuff about the clans is told in such a short time?
BTW can you tell me the secret of the indigo child?

Thx for joining the chat!

manu_r
Old 09-29-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu_r
I'd like to know whether you developers were in a hurry creating the last third of the game, since all the stuff about the clans is told in such a short time?
I'm not David, but I thought I'd pitch in an answer he posted to another thread, which I think might be the answer you're looking for:

Quote:
4. No disrespect intended, I noticed near the end of Indigo Prophecy, the plot seemed to have sort of gone downhill (particularly with Lucas waking up with a new appearence in the apartment to the immediate love interest with Carla and Lucas near the end). I still enjoyed the game but I was wondering if there was any particular reason why the story seemed to have lost consistancy near the end?

To be honest with you, it was written this way and nothing has been cut. I think we totally missed the idea that two months passed before this scene (check the dates when the scene starts). I thought it would be enough, but I was not. A short scene, even no interactive, showing that time has passed would have probably soften this feeling of a rushing ending.
Also, I must admit that the very end was the part I less focused on. I was so obsessed to make the first two-thirds of the game work as well as possible, that I missed that.
Hey, at each game, we learn...
Hope that helps
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #3

Hi, thank you for your question. I am glad you enjoyed the game. After playing the full game for the first time, I had this kind of strange feeling that I missed Lucas, Carla and Tyler, as if they were real characters I would never see again... I hope that a lot of people will keep a trace of Indigo in their minds...

I cannot reveal the secret of the Indigo Child, because she just revealed it to Lucas... or the Oracle... or the Purple ones. If I knew the secret of all secrets, there are good chances that I would do great things with it... like self-funding my next games and transforming all publishers into froggs ;-)
Old 09-30-2005, 12:35 PM   #4

Why do I have this vision of the Indigo Child being hold by Lucas Kane; whispering forty-two?