You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What do you think of this new man...

View Poll Results: Lo
ve it. 1 6.67%
athe it. 8 53.33%
and behold, I don't care. 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 03:06 AM   #41
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You Brits will never have your cuisine taken seriously until you find some way to not make them yawningly bland. Yech, all that meat and starch....

Our food isn't that bad...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #42
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey

Our food isn't that bad...
I concur. Jennifer (God rest her soul) and Clarissa, the "Two Fat Ladies", did more to change the world's perception of British cuisine than an army of Jamie Olivers ever will. In the episode where the ladies prepared a hunting sandwich, I was actually drooling while I watched the show.
British cuisine, like British wit, can be subtle and isn't appreciated by everyone at first taste. Although my preferences in food are wide-ranging to say the least, my favorite meal of all time and the only one I request for my birthday is a big pot of Bubble & Squeak (potatoes, onions, cabbage, and sausage), a traditional down-home English dish.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 08-23-2005, 04:37 PM   #43
merely human

I'm fine with eating classic Brit cuisine once in a while (I love fish n chips, Scotch eggs, and shepherd's pie), but to actually have to eat it every day? Absolutely not! It's boring! It's bland, too much meat and starch, I'll fall asleep at the table.

Seriously, If I had to settle on having to eat a particular cuisine every day it would be something Asian, like Thai, Chinese, or Indonesian, where I can actually tell the dishes apart from each other and desserts are mostly about tropical fruits. Or Middle Eastern foods (Turkish, Greek, Moroccan), which are among the most healthful in the world.

....oh god, now I'm hungry.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #44
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Seriously, If I had to settle on having to eat a particular cuisine every day it would be something Asian, like Thai, Chinese, or Indonesian, where I can actually tell the dishes apart from each other and desserts are mostly about tropical fruits. Or Middle Eastern foods (Turkish, Greek, Moroccan), which are among the most healthful in the world.
Those are the foods I eat every day, so classic British cuisine is a once or twice a year treat for me.

Quote:
....oh god, now I'm hungry.
See? If you'd been here today, you could have had dolmades, stuffed squash, and tabbouleh. Yummy!

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3