You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Did You Like Ep. 3?

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy your dinner?
Yeah. It was good. 12 42.86%
Nope. It was bad. 4 14.29%
Eh. It was okay 7 25.00%
Other. It was x 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #61
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omloflump
Obviously it was an improvement on the previous two, but it wasn't a patch on any of the originals. My biggest gripe was with the CGI; it felt really suffocating as each frame was packed with these unconvincing artificial video game props. It didn't let me escape into the world because they were so obviously computer generated. This never happened to me when watching the original trilogy and its nearly 30 year old effects.
Agreed there! Because it was so overloaded, the only thing it convinced me of the moment I saw it was that it was rendered ten years ago... I realise it wasn't, and it might even have been a technological breakthrough... but it looked backward. I never expected a good story - I went to watch it for the CGI. I'm still enraged that the movie couldn't even offer that. I felt cheated on. I know it's silly to blame George for my waste of money, but I was pretty pissed off.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 08-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #62
Curiouser and curiouser

I only liked it because the theatre seats were really big and comfy I enjoyed being with who I was with when I saw it.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #63
Life and times of...

OK, this has been revived, so I might as well say my saying.

I saw it last autumn, so I don't remember it that well, but...

What the heck was going on in the beginning of the movie? I mean, at least a half an hour (probably an hour more like) I thought I had bought rented some fricking parody! There was no sense in that movie and the actors were talking with the weirdest English accents I've heard in a sci-fi movie, and about very weird things!

It also took away from the ending, which had the ridiculous lava-lightsaber-fighting-scene, which was first of all dragged way too long and was just dumb to begin with.

Or maybe it was that I had not seen it in a theater. Which I doubt, though.

Last edited by UPtimist; 06-14-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:39 AM   #64
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I felt when I first saw it, and still maintain, that it is the best of the entire series. Better than the original trilogy. Walking out of the theater, I knew that I had just witnessed George Lucas' life achievement, his greatest masterwork. All sorts of other hyperbole also leapt to mind. It's just terrific. I can understand the objections people had to the acting and the dialogue, but it doesn't really bother me at all- it's supposed to feel like a 40's serial. Star Wars was always supposed to feel like a 40's serial. And I like 40's serials. Sure, you know what's going to happen, but the movie pulls it off so much better than I possibly could have imagined.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:51 AM   #65
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

When I saw Episode III, my brother and I were the only two people in the theater. I liked it better than Episode 1, 2, and 6. Very epic and exciting. I till don't own 1, 2, or 3 on DVD though. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. Maybe a box set or something.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:28 AM   #66
Slim Shady

Didn't like it. It just doesn't have that feeling of star wars.It was nice to learn the origin of darth Vader and nice to see Mace Windu and Yoda dueling Palpatine but at the end the movie just doesn't feel right.The beginning of the movie shown as if it is fast forwarded and it makes to understand what's happening and the duel at the end was just too long and overshadowed by the use of special effects. (which reminds me the saying of too much of something is bad).I always prefer the duel betweeen Luke and Darth vader at the ESB .It doesn't have the specail effects in ROS but it has the emotion, the feeling,the energy which made the star wars what it is today. Also ending was pretty lame Hayden's transformation to Darth Vader was shown in such a rushing way and Natalie Portman was just ridicilous at the scene where she gives birth and names the children. Imo among the new episodes the best one was Episode 2 as it had the "old" star wars feeling albeit not completely . Nothing beats the old trilogy

Last edited by Solid Snake; 06-13-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #67
is not wierd

I liked it, really. It had flaws, to be sure, but as a whole it left me with a pretty incredible feeling, and certain scenes were just creepily atmospheric. MVP Award goes to Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine.