Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   The Adventuregamers' Show! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/9335-adventuregamers-show.html)

saucyminx 07-23-2005 03:35 AM

The Adventuregamers' Show!

Watching Desperate Housewives, I began to wonder... what if we Adventuregamers have our own show - nay, a sitcom!... inspired by the people of this forums, one day? What will it be named? What would the plot be?

Edit: Oh crap! I meant to post some polls, but accidentally pressed the wrong buttons. Ah, forget it! This is so lame!

Ninja Dodo 07-23-2005 03:57 AM

Awesome Obstacle Courses.

colpet 07-23-2005 05:52 AM

How about:

A quiet suburb named MystLand. People here live in harmony and are of a peaceful nature that some may consider boring. They enjoy wandering about and looking at things, and are never in a hurry. Everybody's house has a unique locking device, and the garages often open onto an inventor's paradise, with gizzmos and gadgets to tinker with.
In the City is a fast paced population. Violence is common, and you must often defend yourself with items that you can make from things you scrounge on the ground. There is intrigue and lots of strangers to talk to. Everything is high tech, and there is always a new thing to see and a new way of doing it.

Envision when both worlds collide.
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Starflux 07-23-2005 06:56 AM

Mystland would perish at our hands. They stand not a chance against our onslaught.

Hammerite 07-23-2005 08:38 AM

And do not forget... we have scissors.

Zygomaticus 07-23-2005 09:12 AM

...and heat-seeking missiles.

artwking4 07-23-2005 09:20 AM

And gigantic inventories found in our deep pants pockets.

Jazhara7 07-23-2005 10:59 AM

And we're all kleptomanics beyond hope.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLacey 07-23-2005 12:28 PM

This show would never get off the ground - we'd spend too long arguing over whether it should be in 2D or 3D... :shifty:

Jazhara7 07-23-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
This show would never get off the ground - we'd spend too long arguing over whether it should be in 2D or 3D... :shifty:

I vote for Text!

mag 07-23-2005 01:32 PM

I think it should obviously be in 4D!

It's the wave of the future.

mag

RLacey 07-23-2005 01:38 PM

I'd like to complain about the lack of Interaction Density™ in this thread.

Oh, and the show would have to feature Virtual Theatre, so we'd all be aimlessly wandering around :D.

AFGNCAAP 07-23-2005 02:42 PM

I think it would work best as a sci-fi crime drama:

Sergant Samuel N. Maxwell gets out of the police car and joins Inspector Gilbert Ron who is conducting a crime scene investigation of the fresh found body.

Sam: What do we have here?
Gil: [kneeling next to the corpse] Another one, Sam. It's getting rather serious, sonny.
Sam: Same method?
Gil: Same method, same tools, same everything. [stands up wiping the dirt from his hands and knees, and gives Sam an ueber-concerned stare] This killer is clearly playing with us.
Sam: [it's him who kneels to examine the body this time] Okay, let's think. What kind of killer would be that extravagant? I mean, it's not 21st century any more. Cliches are expensive nowadays. How many would be enough to kill this short, weak fellow we've got down here?
Gil: One. Two at most.
Sam: And this guy is, *literally*, [stands up] covered with them!
Random Policeman: Sir, this was found in the victim's pocket [hands Gil a piece of paper and leaves]
Sam: What's that? A ticket?
Gil: Indeed, looks like one... [looks closer] like a library ticket, to be exact. Would it mean--

Dramatic pause.

Gil: Are you thinking the same thing I am, Sam?
Sam: [blinks nervously] Er, I guess so. Myst?
Gil: Not Myst himself - that's out of the question. He has been quiet for years now.
Sam: Do you reckon-- A copycat? Or somebody trying to frame him?
Gil: Both. Sort of. Son, I think it's safe to assume that... [the close-up of the frowned Gilbert's face] the Clones are on the loose again.

Jingle.

OPENING CREDITS APPEAR.

RLacey 07-23-2005 02:44 PM

We need more CSI-esque Needlessly Trendy Camera-Work™ ;).

samIamsad 07-24-2005 02:58 AM

Pr0n? Either this or that ->
http://www.culttelly.co.uk/top100/progid36.html

Hammerite 07-24-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I vote for Text!

The Myst forum is closing in on the City, you will need some quick thinking to get out. Obvious exits are... OH DEAR, YOU ARE SURROUNDED.
>start crying
You cry and the Myst forumites tell you that they were not going to kill or even hurt you... just use mildly offensive terms to make your feelings bleed like 'ploppypants' and 'nerdynerdnerdnerdnerd mcnerdson' but then they say that due to your rather humorously embarassing show of cowardice they will kill you slowly and painfully in a fashion involving 'the place where it hurts'.