Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Some interesting upcoming movies... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/9302-some-interesting-upcoming-movies.html)

Kolzig 07-21-2005 06:04 AM

Some interesting upcoming movies...

Broken Flowers
Directed by Jim Jarmusch
Starring Bill Murray

Grizzly Man

The Brothers Grimm
Directed by Terry Gilliam
Starring Heath Ledger, Matt Damon and Monica Bellucci

insane_cobra 07-21-2005 09:20 AM

Some more:

Kissing on the Mouth

Lightning Bug

The Woods

Kolzig 07-21-2005 10:12 AM

Wow, what is this The Woods movie?
Starring Bruce Campbell :9~

Now that I want to see. :)

Once A Villain 07-21-2005 10:20 AM

I really want to see Broken Flowers and some others... The U.S. is finally getting Bergman's last film, Saraband, so I'll be seeing that soon.

The movie I'm MOST looking forward to this year though is The New World, directed by Terrence Malick. People who know nothing about Malick have said the movie will probably be "Hollywood historical bullshit". People who know Malick's work, however, are as excited as can be. Malick has made only three films since 1973, and all of them have been exceptional. The trailer looks fairly mainstream by Malick standards, but so did The Thin Red Line, and we all know how that turned out, LOL. You can see the trailer here. I'd recommend the Large Windows Media or Quicktime file of the trailer, NOT the Teaser.

http://www.thenewworldmovie.com/

Tobbe 07-21-2005 10:33 AM

Heh, looked at the upcoming movies at apple, saw the trailer to the movie cry wolf, man this movie´s is going to suck! :)

lumi 07-21-2005 10:53 AM

Corpse Bride by Tim Burton

tabacco 07-21-2005 10:56 AM

Serenity!

insane_cobra 07-21-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
Wow, what is this The Woods movie?

It's a new film by Lucky McKee. He's the guy behind May, one of my favorite movies.

I didn't even realize Bruce Campbell has a part, cool :D

gillyruless 07-21-2005 01:20 PM

A few from me:

The Aristocrats
The Libertine
A State of Mind
And FINALLY 2046

kiemer 07-21-2005 05:00 PM

Don't forget about Wallace and Gromit.

Jake 07-21-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyruless

Oh man. I hope this isn't shit. It seems hard for it to miss entirely. I mean, it's going to be funny. I wonder if it will be subtly insightful and interesting like I hope it will, though.

Jazhara7 07-22-2005 01:10 AM

Oooh! There's a Teaser for ICE AGE 2 - The Meltdown

Also, I first thought the Brothers Grimm would be revolving in their graves, if they heard that their movie is an "Fantasy Action Adventure" - But then the trailer finally worked, and I decided they surely must have had humour, because it's also a comedy!

To quote random townsperson number 5: "He is my daughter!"

Oh, and Aristocrats looks absolutely wicked!

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Henke 07-22-2005 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Also, I first thought the Brothers Grimm would be revolving in their graves, if they heard that their movie is an "Fantasy Action Adventure" - But then the trailer finally worked, and I decided they surely must have had humour, because it's also a comedy!

To quote random townsperson number 5: "He is my daughter!"

Based on the trailer this movie will have nothing to do with the real Brothers Grimm and their work. Which is really a shame. :frown:

gillyruless 07-22-2005 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
Based on the trailer this movie will have nothing to do with the real Brothers Grimm and their work. Which is really a shame. :frown:

On the other hand, the movie is directed by Terry Gilliam from Monty Python who also wrote/directed classics like Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and a little movie called Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Really, Jazy, any movie directed by Terry Gilliam, you should be the first one in the line to watch it even if it's just a bunch of people burping for an hour and a half.

:D

Pappapisshu 07-22-2005 05:11 AM

Invisible Waves

After the achingly poetic mood-piece Last Life in the Universe, Pen-ek Ratanaruang reunites with the incomparable Asano Tadanobu and the irreplaceable Chris Doyle to create a thriller in which the only thing that matters is – “atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere and atmosphere.”

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Titled "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," the pic is the final chapter of a vengeance trilogy created by writer/director Chan-Wook Park. The series began with "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" (2002) and continued famously by "Old Boy,"

The Lady from Shanghai

Anything by Wong Kar-Wai is most interesting.

Jazhara7 07-22-2005 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyruless
Really, Jazy, any movie directed by Terry Gilliam, you should be the first one in the line to watch it even if it's just a bunch of people burping for an hour and a half.

:D

I know.

When I saw the trailer, I first thought: "Och, NO!"

But then I saw the magic name, and I thought. Hey, that must be good!

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLacey 07-22-2005 05:32 AM

But is it Don Quixote?

insane_cobra 07-22-2005 06:18 AM

Oh, and apparently there's also a 3D CGI Smurfs trilogy in the making.

mag 07-22-2005 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
The Brothers Grimm
Directed by Terry Gilliam
Starring Heath Ledger, Matt Damon and Monica Bellucci

"Interesting." Yeah. That's one way to describe it. :shifty:

Anyway, I'm kind of getting the impression that Batman Begins was the last really good movie of 2005. But hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

mag

Once A Villain 07-22-2005 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag
Anyway, I'm kind of getting the impression that Batman Begins was the last really good movie of 2005. But hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

Have you seen Downfall? Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room? March of the Penguins? Howl's Moving Castle? Oldboy? Granted, none of these are up to the level of some of last year's best (of course, I'm counting 2046 as one of last year's offerings, but it's just now officially coming out here...so if you haven't seen it, add that to my list), but they are certainly worth seeing before anyone gets "the impression" that Batman Begins was the last good movie of the year. Batman Begins was definitely a good movie. I loved what Nolan did with the franchise (transforming it into something respectable after Joel Shitmaker screwed up the last two). Anyway, it has been a sort of weak year for films thus far and I'm not saying you'll like these better than Batman Begins, but it's worth a shot before any opinions should be voiced on the matter.