You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #1401
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
Ultraviolet - I had heard about it being bad, but I didn't think it would be this bad. On par or below an Uwe Boll movie.
As someone who enjoyed Equilibrium for its cheese, even I had difficulty watching Ultraviolet (as I've stated earlier in this thread).

I intend to test your theory on a Uwe Boll comparison soon with a helping of Bloodrayne.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #1402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
I intend to test your theory on a Uwe Boll comparison soon with a helping of Bloodrayne.
That's the movie I had in mind as well.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 AM   #1403

Aeon Flux - this is the third movie I've seen about an oppressive government maintaining a "perfect" society with rebels trying to take them down, and they all sucked. This was the more watchable one, at least.

Tank Girl - the punk attitude got annoying quickly. Poor filming style, not the best story, and a bad soundtrack.

Pi - and interesting a movie, although a bit flashy for my tastes.

Amadeus (director's cut) - a very good movie. Jeffrey Jones played a perfect Joseph II, and F. Murray Abraham was good as Salieri. Not quite sure about Tom Hulce's Mozart. It was a bit too cartoony.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #1404
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Amadeus (director's cut) - a very good movie. Jeffrey Jones played a perfect Joseph II, and F. Murray Abraham was good as Salieri. Not quite sure about Tom Hulce's Mozart. It was a bit too cartoony.
Classic stuff .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #1405
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
The Cave
Any good?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 06-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #1406
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzy
Any good?
It was okay...I'd give it maybe a 5/10.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #1407
Party On Dudes

don't watch 'Hard Candy', it's frustratingly bad. do watch 'La Haine' it's frustratingly good.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 07-02-2006, 07:17 AM   #1408
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I just watched Pirates of the Silicon Valley for the second time in my life. A great movie.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #1409
gin soaked boy

Rocketeer - It's one of the most enjoyable comic book movies I've seen. A bit boring here and there, but I didn't feel like rolling my eyes even once and that's not something I can say for many popcorn flicks.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #1410
gin soaked boy

Polanski's Pirates. I liked it much, much better than Pirates of the Caribbean which lost me after an hour or so (literally, as my comfy cinema chair sent me off to Slumberland).
Old 07-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #1411
is not wierd

Quote:
Pi - and interesting a movie, although a bit flashy for my tastes.

Pi isn't nearly so bad as Requiem for a Dream as far as flashiness goes. I dont find either one great, but Pi is at least interesting.

Amadeus I used to like a lot. I for one liked Tom Hulce as Mozart. Flamboyant yet effectively sympathetic at the same time.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #1412
Super Moderator

Futbol Mexico 70
Y los Dioses Jugaron Futbol

I mentioned this movie in the football thread but now that I've finished it, I'll put it here.

It's a documentary about the 1970 World Cup in Mexico (keep in mind there were only 16 teams there instead of the 32 that go nowadays). The director, Alberto Isacc, chose to weave the World Cup footage around a fictional story of a little boy who runs away from home to see the world cup. After seeing the movie, I don't really like that approach. It was kind of a silly story and a relatively small part of the documentary. The doc is the best when they show highlights from the matches, show the fans in the stands and in the venue towns and the atmosphere that surrounds the world cup. I wish that the director would have actually included more of this rather than put the fictional story in there.

Of course the real highlight was watching the match highlights especially after watching World Cup play in 2006. There are interesting differences.

The DVD was in Spanish without subtitles (although I think some releases come with them) but it didn't keep me from enjoying it.

Last edited by Melanie68; 07-02-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #1413
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Futbol Mexico 70
Y los Dioses Jugaron FutbolOf course the real highlight was watching the match highlights especially after watching World Cup play in 2006. There are interesting differences.
Sounds interesting Mel. It's a shame you don't live in a football-obsessed country, or you'd get plenty of chances to see bits of old matches. It's the smaller differences that are most illuminating - the fact that England fans used to wave Union Jacks (the British flag, as opposed to the English one), or the style of the TV commentary.

Having seen many a montage before a new match, the number of football matches that the BBC must have squirrelled away is quite scary.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #1414
Psychonaut

Brazil 1970 generally held to be the greatest team ever.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 AM   #1415
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Running Scared

Spoiler:
Nothing like seeing two pedophiles get blown away!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:57 AM   #1416
Chris Barraclough

I saw Reeker last night, was expecting it to be a decent horror film after all the good reviews it got, but I was disappointed. It wasn't scary, there wasn't a lot of gore, and the ending was just random. There were a couple of funny moments, although one was ripped straight out of Monster Man. Please can someone release a good horror film, and no more bloody remakes.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 07-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #1417

Super Mario Bros. - I always here people say how this movied sucked, but I don't think it did. It was just something silly and fun.

Tombstone - an alright western. Ringo and Holiday make the movie.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #1418

Clerks - really bad acting, but some good jokes.

Mallrats - pretty bad other than for some of the humor.

Last edited by lumi; 07-05-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #1419
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I just saw over the hedge, and I must say it was very funny, specially Hammy. Trust Pixar to come up with another great one!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 07-05-2006, 09:51 AM   #1420
Psychonaut

Over the Hedge is a Dreamworks film.