You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #1281
Psychonaut

X-Men 3

Really, Really, Realllllllly disappointing.

Was bored half the time and the big action sequences were naff especially the moving the Golden Gate Bridge SFX (which sucked).

Bring Back Bryan Singer.

P.s if you do have the misfortune to go see it wait until after the credits as there is a short extra scene.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #1282
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I saw it twice in the cinema. (dont ask) I thought the Phoenix sequences were lame, Jean just sat there and stared, I mean can't they actually Fight instead of stairing for 10 minutes.

Is this the last Xmen? It can't be with all these cliff hangers.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #1283
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Old 05-27-2006, 11:57 AM   #1284
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
I believe that at least some of them have signed on to do another.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #1285
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
I really hope it is. They butchered the series in this one. From an article I read, Wolverine said he would come back for a 4th one, but Storm (Halle Barry) said she had her share of super hero movies. Storm was by far my favorite X-(Wo)man

Firefox rules
Old 05-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #1286
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
X-Men 3
P.s if you do have the misfortune to go see it wait until after the credits as there is a short extra scene.
I missed that. is there any place on the web to see it?

Firefox rules
Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #1287
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I missed that. is there any place on the web to see it?
Not that I know of, but if you want to know

SPOILERS

Spoiler:
Professor X isn't dead. Remember the coma victim and the discussion on Ethics where he said what if you could transfer someone elses mind into the body. Would you do it?

At the end you see the body and hear Prof X's voice say "Moira" to the nurse (Moira McTaggart was in the comics) and she says "Charles" and the screen goes black.

Looks like he transfers his conciousness to another body
Old 05-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #1288
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
X-Men 3

Really, Really, Realllllllly disappointing.

Was bored half the time and the big action sequences were naff especially the moving the Golden Gate Bridge SFX (which sucked).
Hey! It was moved by Magneto! How can that suck?

I don't get the second or third X-Men movies (I haven't seen the first, so I don't know if the same applies to it) - they have potential, potential they do use to greatness in some scenes... and then other scenes are so horribly clichéd and overdone FX that it makes your eyes bleed.

I wasn't disappointed as much as confused.

Scenes I loved in X2 and X3:

Spoiler:
X2: Magneto pulling out one of the security guard's blood. Well, the iron in the blood, anyway. Pricelessly cruel.

X2: Magneto pulling out the pins out of the handgrenades.

X3: Angel trying to cut off his wings right near the beginning. I <3 the desperation and shame.

X3: Hell hath no fury like a deserted woman. (Well, I saw it in german, I'm not sure what the quote is in english)

X3: Magneto pummeling the cars. Yay! Pancakes! Okay - I'm easily amused. c.c

X3: The hilarious moment where the family in the car closes the doors.

X3: That Rogue actually took "the cure".

X3: Magneto sitting alone in a park near the end and looking depressed (and obviously not because of his "lost" powers, because they were still sort of there). Might just be me, but I got the impression he's missing Xavier.

Scenes I hated in the movies:

Spoiler:
X2: Xavier being manipulated as he is, rather than differently. I thought the chap was only able to project illusions? Powerful illusions, yes, but an illusion would just give Xavier different variables to consider, not twist his morals? I'm a bit confused about that one. Meh.

X3: Magneto not caring for Mystique's transformation - he doesn't care much for humans, but I'd have expected him to be vastly more furious that one of his 'children' had been turned human. That'd be like having your girlfriend turned into a cockroach or something. c.c You'd be furious.

X3: Magneto caring less than he usually does if mutants die. It's out of character. Yes, the greater goal and all - but that was a little too cold.

X3: Jean. No amount of sexyness makes up for lack of acting. Or, well, parts to act.

X3: Magneto not having lost his powers. That was four ****ing doses! Christ. Yes, he's powerful, but he should have lost them. I would have wept and mourned, because his powers were so damn awesome - but it would only have been fair.

X3: Xavier not being dead. Whilst it was kind of clear from the wink (atrocious!) that he wasn't all gone, the rest of the movie made it almost believable - unlike with Jean, there was a gravestone, etc. And it would have been a "wrong", but pleasantly courageous move. "Wrong" because X-Men are X-Men - you can't just take Xavier away from them and have them be the same. Pleasantly courageous because Xavier is the core figure.

And a couple of others (in both categories), but I've just ordered food and my stomach is rumbling like mad, which isn't motivating me to picture the whole of either movie again. Heh.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 05-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #1289
Psychonaut

To Pink

Spoiler:
At a guess I would say that the "Cure" is temporary and doesn't work. Eventually they will all regain their powers. Even Mystique.

Magneto is quicker as he's more powerful.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:22 PM   #1290
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Point. That would make sense. In fact, that would make a lot of sense, given where the cure came from... hm...

Thanks for that insight.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 05-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #1291

Saw X-Men last night... I was sad when I left the theatre, they ruined it, X1 and X2 were almost perfect and this one... so hollow.

What the hell was Phoenix the second half of the movie? Following Magneto with sleppy eyes?!? I don't know nothing of the original Dark Phoenix storyline in the comics but even I can tell this was extremely wrong, specially after a great set-up in the first 2 movies.

And what about Angel? His presentation was good, but then... 4 lines the whole movie?!?

And Rogue?!? That pointless love triangle?!? (Kittie Pryde was cute... )

And Wolverine doing stupid one-liners ("Try growing back these")

And Cyclops... his fate is understandable but that scene had no emotional punch...

Beast was ok, I guess, and Ian McKellen as Magneto is great, and the Cure was a great premise, but all these plot and subplots could hardly be told in 2 movies... But no, they had to stick everything in a 1h45m movie... I hate Fox!!!

Maybe they didn't call it X3 because it's a alternate reality and Bryan Singer will come back to finish his job...

I guess not. The crime has payd off 44 million opening day - second best ever... Damn.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #1292
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
And Wolverine doing stupid one-liners ("Try growing back these")
He uses one-liners in the comics...
Old 05-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom
He uses one-liners in the comics...
Yeah, but not stupid... (Note: I really don't know, only read a few comics...)
Old 05-27-2006, 11:59 PM   #1294
OB

X3 is a classic, huge old fashioned blockbuster like they used to make. It's a crowd pleaser, getting excellent word of mouth from everyday people, and is on track to coming out of the gate with the biggest opening weekend ever($44+ million on Friday). I saw it at the midnight showing on Thursday night and the audience loved it as did I and my little gang of misfits. I'm sure this box office will insure a new trilogy, but we are at least guaranteed the already in pre-producction Wolverine prequel(to X1).
Old 05-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #1295
The Punisher

The Boondock Saints
Old 05-29-2006, 03:45 AM   #1296
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I read the comics, and used to watch the old cartoons, and yeah Wolverine always uses one liners, and humour.

The movie was good, I liked it. But where is NIGHTCRAWLER?!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #1297
is not wierd

Good question Cumming was a no-show. Wasn't Nightcrawler in the Last Stand game? I thought I saw Wolverine, Iceman and Nightcrawler in the game.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #1298
delusions of adequacy

Princess Bride.

Seeing the young Fred Savage's bedroom brought back memories. I used to have He-Man toys and the Lambourgini Transformer. When I saw him eating salami sandwhiches I had to go out and buy some whitebread and salami. Memory lane.

The film is ok too I guess but the humor doesn't date well.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:30 AM   #1299
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Princess Bride.

Seeing the young Fred Savage's bedroom brought back memories.
*SHOCK*

That's just not right.

p.s Princess Bride rocks it's one of my all time fav movies. Inconceivable.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:35 AM   #1300
Chris Barraclough

That truly is one of the best movies ever. You killed my father, prepare to die!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk