You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 05:27 AM   #661
Epinionated.

Evidently the latter.

If you can't see that you're being overly aggressive, then whatever... evidently it's OUR problem, not yours...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:35 AM   #662
BOss

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Evidently the latter.

If you can't see that you're being overly aggressive, then whatever... evidently it's OUR problem, not yours...
I wasn't being overly agressive, I was simply humouring the fact that he said walking tall, and you, of whom it was no concern, took it the wrong way. "oh, now that's just mean" certainly does not seem overly aggressive to me at all, it was obviously a joke, but if you are going to salk over it then maybe I'll just not say anything at all, especially not to you, as in your world; offering mashmallows hungry little girls lead them to a painful demise, of which you would find most amusing.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:50 AM   #663
Epinionated.

LMAO, whatever. Have fun.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #664
BOss

Quote:
LMAO, whatever. Have fun.
I will Now that we've finished that feud, lets be pals again, I'm sure you have the same love of adventure games, movies, and music that I do. I don't know about you, but calling each other names isnt enough to make us enemies, sure, it was fun while it lasted (god I love it), but it's more fun calling somebody names behind their back, so to each others face, we are the best of friends. Have a good night squarejaw (what? it's night where I live.)
Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #665
Schoolgirl From Hell

Murderhouse, I have never gotten involved in any arguments on this forum because I like to stay neutral, stay happy and not piss anybody off. But I have to say that you do sound aggressive and harsh in your posts earlier, so perhaps you should consider toning down your opinions to a friendlier level. You can be critical of other people's views and you can voice your opinions, but do try not to sound condescending so you won't be misinterpreted.

Sincerely,
-M-

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 12-04-2005, 06:01 AM   #666
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderhouse
I will Now that we've finished that feud, lets be pals again, I'm sure you have the same love of adventure games, movies, and music that I do. I don't know about you, but calling each other names isnt enough to make us enemies, sure, it was fun while it lasted (god I love it), but it's more fun calling somebody names behind their back, so to each others face, we are the best of friends. Have a good night squarejaw (what? it's night where I live.)
Sure, I'd love to be your friend, if you gave me a chance and didn't rip other peoples opinions to shreds. That's not a good start. I started off with humour and I'd like it if we could discuss things... this is is a great forum, full of genuine people. Watching you quote them and condescend them isn't fun, but I figured at first that you might've been doing it accidentally. Not the case, is it?

But well, I've got some good friends here, and it really gets my goat when someone new comes on and just tears their opinions to pieces. Your last reply sounds sarcastic... so, far as I can see, you're hear purely to wreck havoc. Good luck with that. You'll be ignored in no time.

Oh yeah, and I never go behind peoples backs. So, keep going on this tack, and enjoy the silence safe in the knowledge I think you're a frigging idiot.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #667
BOss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Murderhouse, I have never gotten involved in any arguments on this forum because I like to stay neutral, stay happy and not piss anybody off. But I have to say that you do sound aggressive and harsh in your posts earlier, so perhaps you should consider toning down your opinions to a friendlier level. You can be critical of other people's views and you can voice your opinions, but do try not to sound condescending so you won't be misinterpreted.

Sincerely,
-M-
Thanks for the kind words Mira, you will forever remain in my heart, and you have a good night too (just wait till you turn your back.) Nighty Nite. (By the way, that last comment in brackets was a little joke, I know, I have sick humour, so don't take it the wrong way, cheers.)
Old 12-04-2005, 06:07 AM   #668
BOss

Quote:
Sure, I'd love to be your friend, if you gave me a chance and didn't rip other peoples opinions to shreds. That's not a good start. I started off with humour and I'd like it if we could discuss things... this is is a great forum, full of genuine people. Watching you quote them and condescend them isn't fun, but I figured at first that you might've been doing it accidentally. Not the case, is it?

But well, I've got some good friends here, and it really gets my goat when someone new comes on and just tears their opinions to pieces. Your last reply sounds sarcastic... so, far as I can see, you're hear purely to wreck havoc. Good luck with that. You'll be ignored in no time.

Oh yeah, and I never go behind peoples backs. So, keep going on this tack, and enjoy the silence safe in the knowledge I think you're a frigging idiot.
The only sarcasm was the "sure, it was fun while it lasted (god I love it), but it's more fun calling somebody names behind their back, so to each others face, we are the best of friends." part, the rest was truthful words straight from my stomach. Sorry if this made the rest sound kind of sarcastic, I was only stating my own opinions in the forum, and it turned out that is seemed like I was bashing others'. Ive learnt my lesson and know not to quote somebody else's post prior to writing my own if I have a different opinion. Thanks & Sorry. (P.S. I'm not gay, I hope that didnt sound gay.)
Old 12-04-2005, 06:16 AM   #669
Epinionated.

Hope you don't mind my saying, but you're a bit of a tough one to work out. Mira is my girlfriend, btw, so please... try to avoid humour like that if you don't know the person. It just comes off as creepy as f*ck... but at least you admit it.

I s'pose I'd better say cheers for understanding what I was saying. It's never easy joining in a community, but we're pretty welcoming here, I'd say. I've not been here long (my post count is mainly due to an overproductive thread some months back) and it's great.

As for the whole "gay" thing, well, just to let you know... that a good majority of our members here are really homosexual.... and brilliant peeps too.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:22 AM   #670
BOss

Quote:
Hope you don't mind my saying, but you're a bit of a tough one to work out. Mira is my girlfriend, btw, so please... try to avoid humour like that if you don't know the person. It just comes off as creepy as f*ck... but at least you admit it.

I s'pose I'd better say cheers for understanding what I was saying. It's never easy joining in a community, but we're pretty welcoming here, I'd say. I've not been here long (my post count is mainly due to an overproductive thread some months back) and it's great.

As for the whole "gay" thing, well, just to let you know... that a good majority of our members here are really homosexual.... and brilliant peeps too.
Thanks square, and just to let you know, this is the only forum that I would ever write anything negative in, mainly because I am a movie critic and love ripping the sh*t out of every movie (except those select few movie masterpieces), but I have learnt my lesson and if I want to rip sh*t from movies I think I will stick to imDb, in other adventuregamers forums I am neutral or nice, have a look for yourself.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:25 AM   #671
Epinionated.

Nah, rip the movies to shit. Just respect that others like them.

BTW I learnt the hard way after pissing a ton of people off with my views of adventure games when I joined. I've relaxed since then.

LOL... btw... I have The Fast and The Furious, Chronicles of Riddick and the Mummy in my collection... *RUNS*
Old 12-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #672
BOss

Quote:
Nah, rip the movies to shit. Just respect that others like them.

BTW I learnt the hard way after pissing a ton of people off with my views of adventure games when I joined. I've relaxed since then.

LOL... btw... I have The Fast and The Furious, Chronicles of Riddick and the Mummy in my collection... *RUNS*
You better run you bastard, you watch your back... oh wait. No, I love those movies, really, I do
Old 12-04-2005, 06:51 AM   #673
OUATIJ Creator

Good grief, this thread exploded again. I must say, murderhouse I think your method of telling people to watch their backs is a bit odd, but if that's just the way you like to joke, then ok... But squarejaw is right about the condescension thing. If you feel so strongly about this stuff, your opinions should be like those revealed in political debates. You know, you ACT civil and respectful of the other person, but inside you are secretly thinking, "Who is this dumb f*** running for office against me?!" My opinions on movies are as strong as anyone's and I tend to want to condescend for whatever reason, but I try my best not too. I still come off as a "film snob", but I don't call other people's opinions dumb. Well, not usually anyway...

By the way, a good tactic to use is the "guilty pleasure" tactic. That's what I call it anyhow. It's where you basically say, "Well, if you like that movie, that's cool. I like Blade II, for instance, but I wouldn't call it a great film. It's a guilty pleasure." You need to convince them, or at least try to convince them, that they are confusing greatness with a "guilty pleasure". That's usually the case when someone salivates over a brand new Hollywood picture anyhow... Ok, that's my tip for the day.

Last edited by Once A Villain; 12-04-2005 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:07 AM   #674
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
By the way, a good tactic to use is the "guilty pleasure" tactic. That's what I call it anyhow. It's where you basically say, "Well, if you like that movie, that's cool. I like Blade II, for instance, but I wouldn't call it a great film. It's a guilty pleasure." You need to convince them, or at least try to convince them, that they are confusing greatness with a "guilty pleasure". That's usually the case when someone salivates over a brand new Hollywood picture anyhow... Ok, that's my tip for the day.
So basically, you should patronise rather than criticise us...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:11 AM   #675
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
So basically, you should patronise rather than criticise us...
It's all about subtlety. Hehe. Even though, I admit, my last post was anything but...
Old 12-04-2005, 07:25 AM   #676
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain
You know, you ACT civil and respectful of the other person, but inside you are secretly thinking, "Who is this dumb f*** running for office against me?!"
Okay, that was hilarious, and oh so true!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #677
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Don't bother with Madagascar, it's terrible.
Err... how about 'no, you're just plain wrong'?

Quote:
Who else besides me thinks that Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg are going dry and stail in terms of movie making,
Err... evidently not me?

Quote:
I can't say any recent Spielberg movies are overated, as nobody liked them, sure, War of the Worlds, was alrite for 5 minutes of entertainment, but other than that, it completely insults the world's intelligence, it does H. G. Wells' book no justice at all.
Err... "It does the book no justice". Did you even read it? Maybe you did and you're just exaggerating your gripe so much that it's really hard to believe a single thing you say. So let me spell it out for you... "It does the book no justice" would be making War of the Worlds entirely skip the human behavioural study, to completely focus on the boom-boom-bang-bang-EXPLODIFY, and in the end to kill the Martians by human force. So, pardon me for retaliating just as you presented your opinions: Get a grip.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #678

Random opinions.

Madagascar: meh. Not funny, not pretty.
Gangs of New York: The Butcher is a great character, who carries a good deal of the movie by himself. Just for this guy, it's worth it.

7 Swords: I saw it yesterday, and it's awful.

And Once a Villain; yeah, I like to use the guilty pleasure tactic sometimes.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #679
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
And Once a Villain; yeah, I like to use the guilty pleasure tactic sometimes.
Aren't we all guilty of using it at least once in our lives? Pun not (completely) intended.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 12-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #680

I just watched the movie Saw. It is a very disturbing movie and yet I really liked it.