Recent movies seen - Page 191 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #3801
kamikaze hummingbirds

I completely disagree with your review of Up. I found it hilarious and emotionally affecting!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #3802
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I completely disagree with your review of Up. I found it hilarious and emotionally affecting!
QFT

Friday the 13th - 2/5 - No where near as good as the original. Besides the fact that they made Jason run, he also used a bow and arrow and set traps...and the actors were horrible...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #3803
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
It made me cry alright! give me my 10Ä back or my dad will kick your skinny @ss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [toj.cc]Phantom View Post
QFT
Dude you like the freaking Punisher, your opinion just doesn't counts
Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #3804
Psychonaut

Better watch he will go all Frankencastle on your ass.

It could have been worse. He could have been Deadpool or his Corp. *shudders*
Old 03-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #3805

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
I'm not getting into the purposes of film, but The Hurt Locker was too preposterous to be given the realistic treatment. I went in expecting some insight into the life of a bomb disposal squad in Iraq and instead came out chewing on some pumped up, macho, fantasy BS. You could say that's my fault for not viewing it on its own merits but even as a Hollywood flick, William James was such an arsehole that wanting a bomb to blow up in his cowboy face somewhat undermined the tension.
Geggis, you have to understand that the director of The Hurt Locker, Kathryn Bigelow never intended to make a war film about soldiers in Iraq. Instead, she made a thriller with occasional bits of action, and I think that's why critics loved it.

I have to admit that Jeremy Renner's character William James was a jerk at first, but I eventually grew to admire how reckless he was as the movie went on. What I liked most about The Hurt Locker, was that how incredibly suspenseful it was to see Will defuse Bombs while putting himself in danger at the same time. The two men who played his partners did a great job too.

I can tell you were mislead by the trailers, and I'm sorry about that. But, I think you should give the movie another chance, and see why I found it so exciting. I think it did deserve the Best Picture Award.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #3806
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Better watch he will go all Frankencastle on your ass.

I don't claim Frankencastle, I own the story arc, but thats because I currently have a complete run of all the other series. Check out the MAX line though, some of the best stories in comics!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #3807
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
You've made Dogpool cry..
Old 03-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #3808
Stalker of Britain

Ugh. I just saw a bad horror film with my group of friends yesterday, called, "The Reanimator". It was so horrible. I didn't mind the gore, it was the
Spoiler:
head going down on a naked girl
that threw me off. I felt physically sick after that; I haven't been disturbed from a movie since I was little!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #3809
Random

The Great Dictator - 1940 (Probably the oldest movie I ever seen.)

Brilliant movie. Greatest speech ever made by Charlie at the end.

My favorite quote:

Spoiler:
"More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."

I think I never heard chaplin's voice before, it was really nice to hear he talking, haha!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #3810

Two last movies I saw was
Boondock saints II All Saints day, I was a huge fan of the first movie and was really looking forward to the next one, but I think my expectations where to high, it fell pretty flat, reused old stuff, the main actor had changed to much, I barely reconginzed Sean P, his face looked really bloated, the new sidekick was to much and well generaly I would say 2.5/5 in rating, the ending sort of made it clear that there will be another one, hopefully they'll make that one better.

Second movie was Taking of Pellham 123, straight forward thriller, I still think Travolta is one heck of a bad guy, he's pretty awsome these days, but the movie was rather dull for me, cant really put my finger on what so I'll just say 3/5 ..
Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #3811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irons View Post
Second movie was Taking of Pellham 123, straight forward thriller, I still think Travolta is one heck of a bad guy, he's pretty awsome these days, but the movie was rather dull for me, cant really put my finger on what so I'll just say 3/5 ..
I enjoyed Taking of Pelham 123. I rented it because I am a fan of John Travolta, and I liked how snarly he was as the bad guy.

Other than that, I thought the movie was a solid but way too familiar and by-the-book remake of the original movie with Walter Matthau. Except for the climax, which was new. It didn't do anything to set it apart from other remakes, and that was a little disappointing. It was very suspenseful, though.

The newest movie I've seen at the Tinseltown Theater lately, was Alice in Wonderland. It was wonderfully imaginative, and both Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were excellent as The Mad Hatter, and The Red Queen. But in my opinion, the girl who played Alice was very bland. She didn't do a wonderful performance in the movie as I hoped. Instead, she was just average. However, go see the movie for the amazing visuals, not for the acting. It gets a 3/5 from me.

By the way, I saw Alice in Wonderland in 2D, not 3D, because the reviews I read for the movie made it sound like the 3D was blurry and out of focus.

Last edited by Zack; 04-03-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #3812
Stalker of Britain

We're watching a movie about stereotypes in Race, Class, and Gender, called, "Smoke Signals". One of the characters (Thomas) is so ridiculous, it's funny, at the same time I want to smack them all over the head. I find it dull, but his annoyingness just makes me keep watching while shaking my head...
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #3813

I saw Extract. Pretty good.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #3814
It's Hard To Be Humble

Default Alice 3D

Thought it was brilliant and brave, and adds to the canon beautifully.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #3815
Psychonaut

Kick Ass

Great adaption of the comic even if they changed some things I liked in the comic.

Film was enormous fun.

Clash of the Titans

So-So remake of the 1981 movie. Meh!!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #3816
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Recently got around to seeing Precious and Up in the Air, both of which I enjoyed, but for very different reasons. Yay for Oscar bait!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #3817
Lazy Bee

Yesterday I watched Inglorious Basterds. I have mixed feelings about Tarantino, mostly because I can't watch brutal violence which seems like a favourite ingredient of his.
Still, I liked it, especially Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 AM   #3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Yesterday I watched Inglorious Basterds. I have mixed feelings about Tarantino, mostly because I can't watch brutal violence which seems like a favourite ingredient of his.
Still, I liked it, especially Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa.
I loved the movie and CW was awsome!
Went out with the woman to watch the new Alice movie, 2d only but it was a nice movie!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #3819
tsa
Playing character

Maruca and I also went tot see that movie yesterday. It was very good. There was a rabbit in it.

But seriously, it was a nice movie. I kept thinking about how they have done al the special effects in it.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #3820
Random

I Just finished watching Of Mice And Men - 1992

Beautiful story about friendship. Sad, very sad ending though.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 04-05-2010 at 04:30 PM.