You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #2841
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Memento
Wow. I really enjoyed this.
Great film. The scenes all play in reverse chronological order (the lead character has short-term memory problems) so it's fascinating getting a new understanding of a scene you've just watched when you see what came just before it.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #2842

Send a message via MSN to Ledz

I saw Premonition today, the latest Sandra Bullock movie. Decently made and acted, but the plot is so predictable and the ending is incredibly disappointing.
Spoiler:

Feels like the entire journey through the movie was for nothing.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #2843

Send a message via AIM to guyver1 Send a message via Yahoo to guyver1
Default superbad

yeap saw superbad thrusday night with my friend jimmy it was very funny but had a cheesy plot but it worked for me but I still think hot rod is funnier but thats my kind of humor but superbad was funny too so you guys should go see it. Wednesday me john and jimmy are going to see balls of fury and then friday me and a large group of people mostly got girls are going to see halloween looking forward to it looks scary its been a long time since I seen a real scary movie i hope this one will give me the chills at least.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #2844
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I saw Die Hard 4.0 sometime ago actually.

It was an ok movie, not much else needs to be said about it. Strange that all the classic movies and series of the 80's are making a comeback now.

But I don't mind, those movies and series where the ones that I grew up with.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #2845
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

watched The Hills Have Eyes 2 on OnDemand yesterday. Compared to the original movie's sequel, this one was actually pretty decent...but that's not saying much, lol. The first THHE2 was pretty much comprised of about an hour of "flashbacks", and a half hour of new scenes. Compared to that, almost ANY movie would come across as a masterpiece!

*sigh*

I miss Mystery Science Theatre 3000's skewering of B-movies like these....
Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #2846
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Watched:

The House Where Evil Dwells: A very bad 80's The Grudge
Old 08-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #2847
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Hedwig And The Angry Inch:
What a rollercoaster ride! It had me alternately verklempt and literally rolling on the floor laughing.

Share the love.

<3
Old 08-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #2848
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Spider-Man 3, not a comic fan, so I have no idea how true they were to the characters. Although Stan Lee, co-creator, didn't seem to mind, nice to see his cameo, used to them in Kevin Smith movies, more than Sam Raimi films. I'm a fan of Raimi, Franco, Dallas Howard, and Grace from other projects so I it's predictable that I liked this movie more than the others. It's long but it's a bit fast and loose on the villains, Venom in particular, something I liked about the previous films was the long villain focused buildups. Other than that, the effects are impressive, emotionally expressive (hope that doesn't make you puke), and the story's cute and warm.

Knocked Up, watched all of Judd Apatow's Freaks and Geeks (stars James Franco), Undeclared, 40 Year Old Virgin, and I can't get enough of the witty, honest, silly, and sometimes wickedly sarcastic humour that you don't get anywhere else. Seth Rogen really stepped up to the plate for this one, having never been in a role as demanding, or like this before, plays the role very well. Paul Rudd, is the man. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, but I might start watching it now, Katherine Heigl was unbelievably believable (muahahahaha). Most enjoyable film this year so far for me.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #2849
Cheese Pants King

Watched:

Antibodies - This was a very good flick.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #2850

Simpsons the movie... I laughed my head off when homer hit himself with that hammer
Old 08-31-2007, 07:42 AM   #2851
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Wordplay - Fun documentary, especially for a devotee of the NY Times Sunday puzzle.

Hairspray- Really enjoyed this...puts one in a good mood.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 AM   #2852
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
Hairspray- Really enjoyed this...puts one in a good mood.
But it's an adaptation of a musical adaptation of a movie. Isn't that, I dunno, parasitic or something?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 PM   #2853
The Reggienator

I watched Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile for the first time in a loooong time.

I used to watch these both like a million times when I was a kid. My brother had both copied on VHS at the time.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:12 AM   #2854
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I watched Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile for the first time in a loooong time.

I used to watch these both like a million times when I was a kid. My brother had both copied on VHS at the time.
Y'know, at one point there were plans to do a third film, but they fell through. Would've been interesting to see what they could've done with those characters.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #2855

Send a message via AIM to guyver1 Send a message via Yahoo to guyver1
Default halloween/AVPR

yeap saw halloween last night all i can say is don't waste your money if your looking for a scare. Well the next movie I want to see is avp2 unlike the first one this one is going to be done right cause it looks awesome here is the trailer for it
Old 09-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #2856
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
Y'know, at one point there were plans to do a third film, but they fell through. Would've been interesting to see what they could've done with those characters.
Yeah I know, I would've loved to see that third movie. Unfortunately the Jewel of the Nile was mostly a big pile of crap. The script was horrible.

The first one is a classic though.

Jack T. Colton is like the best name ever for a character and Michael Douglas kicks some ass in both movies!
I bet he couldn't do that anymore as he is so old.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #2857
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Yeah I know, I would've loved to see that third movie. Unfortunately the Jewel of the Nile was mostly a big pile of crap. The script was horrible.
The one line I liked in that film was delivered by Danny Devito. In a scene with all these guys yelling and jumping around, and firing guns into the air, he mutters, "No sheep is safe tonight..." Cracked me up.

Another movie I just finished watching also had me laughing, but for all the wrong reasons. Thr3e, a ripoff of movies like Saw and Se7en, was ridiculous and meandering. Its only saving grace was how unintentionally funny it was.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #2858
Cheese Pants King

Watched:

Suicide Club: Damn good movie and I understood the movie but then again, I didn't. Too many plot holes and loose ends to figure out. Then there was the part with that Genesis guy... what the hell?!?!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #2859
Lovable rogue

Recently I've been indulging in Eighties cinema.

Yesterday I watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
I'm largely indifferent to this movie, I didn't dislike it, but it was essentially about nothing and thus I didn't find it particularly interesting to watch. Sean Penn as a stoner was slightly amusing, however.

Tonight I watched St. Elmo's Fire.
I actually enjoyed this film. It was fun, and quite interesting to watch. Demi Moore actually looked half decent back then, and Rob Lowe was hot. Plus, I did quite enjoy the theme tune, lol.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #2860
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
The one line I liked in that film was delivered by Danny Devito. In a scene with all these guys yelling and jumping around, and firing guns into the air, he mutters, "No sheep is safe tonight..." Cracked me up.
Yeah, most of the funny one liners in the sequel were given to De Vito.

The first movie was like a romantic action adventure and the second one was like a comedic romantic action adventure.

There were those strange music scenes when 80's one hit wonder songs started playing in the most strange moments.