You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Recent movies seen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 AM   #2021
delusions of adequacy

the illusionist - loved the production on this. his workshop, the notebooks and schematics, the gas lighting, the sepia titles, the iris transitions. Unfortunately the story and magic tricks where quite dull and uninteresting, despite frequent closeups of Edward Norton's piercing blue eyes.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #2022
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

The Usual Suspects

Nice .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #2023
Super Moderator

For all the Pan's Labyrinth fans:

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_re..._id=1003528878

(I need to find a theater showing this)
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #2024

Airplane 2 - not as good as the first one, but still a good movie.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #2025
Lovable rogue

Say Anything

I have a habit of watching films just for the pop culture references. It was a fairly enjoyable distraction.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #2026
merely human

The Devil Wears Prada has been sitting on my coffee table for the past week and I still hadn't watched it.

I might later tonight after I come home from a dinner date.....if I come home, that is.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #2027
Banned User

Watched borat yesterday.

The man is too crazy ! me not like.
Humor was really stupid and not fun in any way.
Only the first 5 minutes where good, when he showed his house (and wife).
Old 01-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #2028

Barbarella - bad in a funny way. 3.5/10

Saturday Night Fever - 6/10
Old 01-12-2007, 06:05 AM   #2029
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Snakes on a Plane
Old 01-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #2030
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Wild at Heart.

Brief justification: Oh my goodness. I'm not a huge Lynch fan by any means (I deplored Mulholland Drive when I saw it in theaters), but this film just blew my mind. I love all of it, the characters, the tone of the movie, the dreamy asides (and references to the Wizard of Oz). The hot sex and Laura Dern's voice screaming "SAILOR!!!" Nicholas Cage's best Elvis impression. Hot. Cigarettes and car rides baby, I'm all about it. I don't smoke and I wanted to smoke during this movie (all that great subliminal referencing to lighting the cigarettes). This is a whomping trashy fairytale. The tone is just right (I tend to not like Lynch when he takes himself too seriously). Whew. I'm done now. I am.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #2031
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin View Post
Wild at Heart.

Brief justification: Oh my goodness. I'm not a huge Lynch fan by any means (I deplored Mulholland Drive when I saw it in theaters), but this film just blew my mind. I love all of it, the characters, the tone of the movie, the dreamy asides (and references to the Wizard of Oz). The hot sex and Laura Dern's voice screaming "SAILOR!!!" Nicholas Cage's best Elvis impression. Hot. Cigarettes and car rides baby, I'm all about it. I don't smoke and I wanted to smoke during this movie (all that great subliminal referencing to lighting the cigarettes). This is a whomping trashy fairytale. The tone is just right (I tend to not like Lynch when he takes himself too seriously). Whew. I'm done now. I am.
Welcome aboard.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #2032
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

The Truman Show
One of Jim Carrey's better films, if only because he doesn't just goof around for the entire thing. Me likes.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #2033
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
The Truman Show
One of Jim Carrey's better films, if only because he doesn't just goof around for the entire thing. Me likes.
I also liked him in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"...every so often, he does these really interesting character-driven films. It'll be interesting to see if his next one "The number 23" will fall into that category.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #2034
Lovable rogue

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

I must say I found this to be a thoroughly enjoyable film.

My biggest criticism though, is that I feel it relied too heavily on special effects, many of which I found myself thinking "I've seen better." You know that scene in Dr. No where James Bond is driving his Aston Martin down a road, and the camera is positioned inside the vehicle? When you look out of the rear window it is obvious that the car was filmed in a stationary position, and pre-recorded footage of the road was used. Well that is what came to mind during several scenes in this film.

Oh, and the cliffhanger ending, I hate cliff hangers, I was aware of the third movie being made, but I did not expect this.

I still love Johnny Depp though, hehe.

I found the scene where Orlando Bloom was getting whipped strangely erotic. They rip off his shirt, revealing a wet black that glistens in the rain, then you see his face wince as the captains daughter bears down upon his flesh, but I digress, hehe.

I would recommend this film, it's lighthearted fun.*

* Best enjoyed with rum, I suggest Cockspur, Barbados' finest since 1884.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #2035
Blatherer

Can I sneak a TV title in here?

No?

All right, then. Unlike most of you so-called "movie-go-ers", I'm going to be official. I'm going to tell you the last real movie I have seen. In a real theater.

The last movie I actually saw at a real theater (not on a big-ass glass tit) was Little Miss Sunshine.

So, now may I tell you what I'm enjoying on DVD? Even if it's a TV Series?

No?
Old 01-12-2007, 11:56 PM   #2036
Super Moderator

We have a thread for your every need.

I was going to see a movie tonight (Curse of the Golden Flower) but missed the 7:30 showing of the one I was going to see. I didn't feel like going to the late one and getting out after midnight with all the drunk college students (my tolerance for drunk college students is pretty non existent).
Old 01-13-2007, 12:07 AM   #2037
Blatherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Do you.

Why, thanky, Miss Melanie! I'll go right on over there right now, y'hear?

Make sure you tell Billy-Willy Ruby-Booby says "Hi!", 'k?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #2038
Super Moderator

You're very welcome!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:51 AM   #2039
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

The Pursuit of Happyness - Touching film, loved it.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 AM   #2040
tsa
Playing character

At the end of last year (in fact it was on the day before christmas) I went to see the new James Bond movie. I had a great time. If you haven't seen it, don't read on! Spoilers galore from here.

The first scenes, on the construction site, were a very well done modern remake of some famous funny movie scenes from the 1920's. Fond memories of the first Harry Potter movie floated through my mind during the collapse of the building in Venice. The collapsing building didn't hurt the two house standing directly next to it one bit, and it also didn't leave a big pile of rubble, which I thought was quite hilarious. The movie was full of absurdities like these, in true Bond movie fashion. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. It was like coming home after the disastrous former James Bond movie with the ice-palace and the invisible car.