You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Got Long Hair? Read This!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage
Default Got Long Hair? Read This!

A worthy charity:

http://www.locksoflove.org/

My own ponytail is about four inches long (a little bit more than the width of my palm), so I should be able to donate in a year or so.
I wish I had known about these people before Kolzig and Henke cut their hair, but better late than never.

So, who's with me?

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Well, I would be with you, but I seriously doubt they'd want 98% grey hair for the kids, sigh...

Lynsie
Old 07-13-2005, 12:18 AM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Warning, useless information about to be told)

Did you know that John Romero donated his hair to that foundation some years ago when he cut his hair.
And he had like hair that was over 1 meter long.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #4

Aww! If i had long hair i would give them but most of it is spilt ends anyway and im sure thats not what they want! I think it is a great charity though and will tell all my mates about it too!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:28 AM   #5
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
(Warning, useless information about to be told)
If it's information I didn't have, then it's not useless.

Quote:
Did you know that John Romero donated his hair to that foundation some years ago when he cut his hair.
And he had like hair that was over 1 meter long.
I didn't know that, but to be honest I don't know who John Romero is, either.
Now I'm curious; Who is he?

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 AM   #6
with extra cheese!

I had hair down nearly to the small of my back until about a year ago, when I got sick of it and had it chopped to shoulder-length. My hairdresser kept the hair, he said, 'for charity'. I can only hope he sent it to Locks of Love and didn't do anything... pervy with it.

Still, my hair couldn't be all that useful anyway. It's absolutely horrid in its natural state.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:12 AM   #7
with extra cheese!

John Romero worked for id software I think. Can anyone confirm this? I'm rusty too. Wasn't he the guy who worked on Daikatana, which had the "ROMERO IS GONNA MAKE YOU HIS BITCH!" slogan?
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:16 AM   #8
merely human

Yes, he is that guy.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-13-2005, 01:30 AM   #9
with extra cheese!

Here's him and his hair through the ages: http://romero.smugmug.com/gallery/482
Old 07-13-2005, 01:32 AM   #10
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
John Romero worked for id software I think. Can anyone confirm this? I'm rusty too. Wasn't he the guy who worked on Daikatana, which had the "ROMERO IS GONNA MAKE YOU HIS BITCH!" slogan?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:54 AM   #11
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:16 PM   #12
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
A worthy charity:

http://www.locksoflove.org/

My own ponytail is about four inches long (a little bit more than the width of my palm), so I should be able to donate in a year or so.
I wish I had known about these people before Kolzig and Henke cut their hair, but better late than never.

So, who's with me?

ScottMate

No way!!
Not in a million years!!
Are you "frickin' crazy"
I love my long hair - at the moment its just below my shoulderblades, which is just about where I like it. It's taken me a long time to get there, and although hot summers are incredibly uncomfortable, it is my main selling point when it comes to the opposite sex
Old 07-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #13
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I love my long hair.....it is my main selling point when it comes to the opposite sex
Samson said the same thing, and look wot happened to him.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #14
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Samson said the same thing, and look wot happened to him.

I know, but he must have had some fun times before his demise - I can't ask for more than that
Old 07-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #15
merely human

Please don't die anytime soon, then.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM   #16
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Please don't die anytime soon, then.

I don't plan to - unless I meet a "townie" seductress who I fall madly in love with, and who lures me into her bed, only to wake up with all my hair shaved off, wearing a baseball cap + tracksuit, with an earring in my left ear, and being tortured by the sounds of dance music
Old 07-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #17
merely human

Don't worry, I'll make sure that never happens. You'd look much better in tight hotpants and a D&G singlet anyhow.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #18
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Don't worry, I'll make sure that never happens. You'd look much better in tight hotpants and a D&G singlet anyhow.

Hey!!!!

Have you been peeking in my wardrobe?
Old 07-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #19
SamNMax

Hm, maybe in a few years. Right now, I've got more growing out to do.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:17 PM   #20
Headbanger

To bad I cut my hair a few weeks ago. I don't think my barber did anything useful with it.