You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Threads You Almost Started, But Didn't

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #1
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage
Default Threads You Almost Started, But Didn't

Am I the only person who gets the parameters of a new thread all typed in, and then goes "Ummm...nah!" just before clicking the "Submit New Thread" button?
My latest near-miss was "Which AG Regular Reminds You Of Yourself", but fortunately it occurred to me just in time that such a topic might ignite a bitter and nasty flame war.
So, does anyone else change their mind at the last minute? If so, what are some "Threads That Never Were"?

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
Banned User

I was going to do one about this conflict i've been having within myself dealing with old friends from high school, and how it's hard facing them considering most of them have become white trash, dropped out of college, spend every day drunk and stoned and have done nothing with their lives while i've gone to college and started a solid relationship with a gal, but I figured it would be too much soul bearing.

I also was going to start one on the saddest movie ever, but I figured it had been done recently, so I decided against it. I was going to say The Elephant Man.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #3
Friendly Server Admin

I almost submitted the fact that I accidentally impaled my right kneecap on the wrong end of a woodscrew today at work

(But now I've posted it, so there!)
Old 07-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I almost submitted the fact that I accidentally impaled my right kneecap on the wrong end of a woodscrew today at work

(But now I've posted it, so there!)
Owee! I hope your tetanus shot is up to date.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I also was going to start one on the saddest movie ever, but I figured it had been done recently, so I decided against it. I was going to say The Elephant Man.
Yeah, that's a sad movie. The saddest recent movie I've seen is Million Dollar Baby.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

I can't say as I've done it for new topics, but I have certainly done it for replies - got all set to submit, and said, Nah, and exited out.

Lynsie
Old 07-12-2005, 07:42 PM   #7
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Owee! I hope your tetanus shot is up to date.

ScottMate
Yeah, I had one only about 5 years ago. It's not actually a deep wound, but it definitely made contact with the bone. Apart from the fact that my knee hurts like hell when walking, it's kind of okay
Old 07-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
merely human

Gawd damn, tabsie! Take it easy, man. If only I lived near ya, I'd make ya a nice cheese souffle with green salad and homemade lemon vinaigrette and a bottle of Pinot, and pistachio gelato after, to ease the pain.

Well, all that wouldn't ease the pain but it's a good excuse as any to eat good, eh?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #9
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Gawd damn, tabsie! Take it easy, man. If only I lived near ya, I'd make ya a nice cheese souffle with green salad and homemade lemon vinaigrette and a bottle of Pinot, and pistachio gelato after, to ease the pain.

Well, all that wouldn't ease the pain but it's a good excuse as any to eat good, eh?
The heck it wouldn't! Home-made cheese souffle and pistachio gelato? Pass me a hammer and a nail, then pass me a fork and a spoon! I'd even eat the green salad as long as it's the kind that resembles weedy lawn clippings ("Spring Mix", I think it's called).

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #10
with extra cheese!

Quote:

If I faked pain and happened to live within 5 kilometres of you, would I get the same 'treatment'?

I do the almost-made-a-thread thing all the time. I was thinking of making The Science Fiction thread, then decided it might be too nerdy for all the cool cats here.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #11
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
I do the almost-made-a-thread thing all the time. I was thinking of making The Science Fiction thread, then decided it might be too nerdy for all the cool cats here.
Ms. Shodan, have you missed all the Anime-, Comic Book-, and BF2-related threads posted here? While some of us may be "cool cats", we all have our nerdy side as well. By all means, please post your Science Fiction thread as soon as possible; I look forward to it.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 11:00 PM   #12
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:

I ended up with... stuffed pork chops with raspberry-chipotle sauce, with a side of cremini mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and green peas. I made sugar cookies for dessert. It was either cook or work on Thumbs
Old 07-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #13
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I ended up with... stuffed pork chops with raspberry-chipotle sauce, with a side of cremini mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and green peas. I made sugar cookies for dessert. It was either cook or work on Thumbs
*swoons*

You could wind up getting flowers if you keep talking like that.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #14
Banned User

Quote:
Ms. Shodan, have you missed all the Anime-, Comic Book-, and BF2-related threads posted here? While some of us may be "cool cats", we all have our nerdy side as well. By all means, please post your Science Fiction thread as soon as possible; I look forward to it.

ScottMate
AHEM...and what's so nerdy about BF2?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #15
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
being a commander, squatting or proning down at somewhere obsure, doing absolutely nothing but calling in the artillary, issuing orders and wait... ...
Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #16
Bad Influence

Quote:
The same thing that's nerdy about Anime and Comic Books, but in a different direction.
Lest anyone think I consider myself anything less than the biggest nerd who ever walked geekily on two legs, I direct your attention to my last post in the "Who Are You" thread. If that doesn't insure my nomination for the Stephen Q. Urkel Award this year, nothing will.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 AM   #17
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:

ScottMate

Let's not forget that I got the "Geek Award of the Century".

By the way, did you know that originally, a geek was a carnival performer who bit the heads off chickens?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:31 AM   #18
with extra cheese!

Quote:
The same thing that's nerdy about Anime and Comic Books, but in a different direction.
Lest anyone think I consider myself anything less than the biggest nerd who ever walked geekily on two legs, I direct your attention to my last post in the "Who Are You" thread. If that doesn't insure my nomination for the Stephen Q. Urkel Award this year, nothing will.

ScottMate
Just went over there and had a giggle. You are awesome Scottsie
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #19
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
I can't say as I've done it for new topics, but I have certainly done it for replies - got all set to submit, and said, Nah, and exited out.

Lynsie

Hehe
I've done that loads of times - I find a really interesting thread, get my reply ready, and then decide to check the earlier listings
9 out of 10 times my opinion has already been posted

I guess that's why my post count is so low
Old 07-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #20
Banned User

Quote:

ScottMate
Nuffin' nurdy about combat, boay!