You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I have just made a long-term commitment...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #21
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
I love the taste of coffee, but I can't drink it regularly, it upsets my stomach, but I do love tea with lemon and sugar, hot or iced. I love all kinds of tea except Earl Grey - the bergamot tastes too floral for my liking. I prefer English Breakfast tea for hot, and I make iced tea with regular black tea and green tea together to get it strong enough (green tea alone I just can't seem to make strong enough for my taste).

Nothing better on a rainy afternoon than a pot of tea and a good book to read!

Lynsie
Oooh, fresh iced tea... Try making yourself an Arnold Palmer. 1 part iced tea to 1 part lemonade. If you can't make fresh lemonade, try that stuff they sell at Trader Joe's. If you don't have a Trader Joe's, I weep for you and your neighbors
Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 AM   #22
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Although I do enjoy a good "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." every now and then, somehow it's just not the same in the morning.
Does your new coffee maker respond to voice commands?

I like tea, but tend to only drink it when I'm sick.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:19 AM   #23
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Does your new coffee maker respond to voice commands?
haha, more importantly does it learn how you like it
Old 07-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #24
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Hmmm, somebody gave me once a cup of coffee, I had to vomit after that experience.

Tea is better.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #25
Epinionated.

Quote:
Oooh, fresh iced tea... Try making yourself an Arnold Palmer. 1 part iced tea to 1 part lemonade. If you can't make fresh lemonade, try that stuff they sell at Trader Joe's. If you don't have a Trader Joe's, I weep for you and your neighbors
Trader Joes does the best proper Peanut Butter I've ever tasted. Can't find anything like it in Britain, though.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #26
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Trader Joes does the best proper Peanut Butter I've ever tasted. Can't find anything like it in Britain, though.
Weep for us, Doug!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 07-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #27
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
coffee stains teeth, tastes horrid and is essentially all around bad for you.
ARGH! You're a coffee-hater!

I like coffee and tea. And water when I feel the need to douse myself with some good health. I have to have coffee in the mornings and I'll drink tea when I want to relax. I have water when I pop my vitamins.

Oh wait. This thread is about coffe-maker, right? I've never used those thing in my life. No, wait. Except for this one particular model which was supposed to be a wedding gift from my dad to his co-worker's daughter... but somehow it laid forgotten and I decided to be liberal and try it out... anyways, yeah, that's probably the first and last coffee-maker I've ever tried out. My dad was not please with me.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #28
Epinionated.

I've drunk too much tea lately, and now I'm addicted to Tonic Water (diet).
Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #29
merely human

I love soda water/sparkling water myself. It's healthful compared to trashy soda pop, and it's good for my digestion.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #30
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Weep for us, Doug!
I weep for all of you. I also weep for the lack of sourdough bread in the UK.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #31
merely human

tabsie, you like clam chowder served in a sour dough bread bowl? I just had the best one ever over the weekend, right on the Oregon coast in a family owned place called Moe's. Best clam chowder this part of the world (it's word famous). Good god, that sour dough bread was perfect!! Unfortunately I couldn't finish eating all the bowl, I was so full. What they did was save the 'lid' and smeared butter and herbs all over it for dipping.

EDIT: Oh, and we had the chowder with a bottle of Shiraz.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 07-11-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:30 PM   #32
Epinionated.

I'm of the firmly held belief that sour dough was created by the devil. I'm really suprised people like that stuff! EVIL! EEEEEVIL!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #33
merely human

You stfu or I swear I'll send you a hundreds kilos of sour dough bread right at your front door. And a pic of my niece, Kristin.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #34

Quote:
...to Coffee.

I just caved in and bought myself a nice coffee maker at costco to replace the ultra-crappy 4 cup Mr. Coffee I've been using. Please reassure me that I'm not insane.
You're not insane. This is the coffee maker I own.

Now, let's not start questioning my sanity, thank you very much.

Mike
Old 07-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #35
Excessively diverted

What is Trader Joe's anyway? Is it like Tesco?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #36
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You stfu or I swear I'll send you a hundreds kilos of sour dough bread right at your front door. And a pic of my niece, Kristin.
Now, from what I've heard, I wouldn't mind a slice of THAT.

... help me, I've disturbed myself.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:01 PM   #37
Friendly Server Admin

I, alas, cannot eat most restaurant and canned clam chowder because of an allergy to shrimp (most seafood chowders use shrimp broth at minimum). I also can't make my own, because I find clams in their base state (i.e. not covered in creamy soup) to be nasty beyond belief.

As for Trader Joes, it is a smallish market chain with a huge customer base in the US. They tend to sell a lot of specialty items that are next to impossible to get in larger supermarkets. Almost everything they sell is private label, also.

http://www.traderjoes.com/about/index.asp
Old 07-11-2005, 03:03 PM   #38
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
As for Trader Joes, it is a smallish market chain with a huge customer base in the US. They tend to sell a lot of specialty items that are next to impossible to get in larger supermarkets. Almost everything they sell is private label, also.
The best thing about Trader Joe's is that their prices are very reasonable. It's like Whole Foods food (but better!) at Safeway prices (but cheaper!)
Old 07-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #39
Banned User

Turkey Hill is better

Eastsidazzz!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #40
Friendly Server Admin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trader_Joe's also.