You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2005, 08:05 AM   #21
capsized.

Seems like my studies are coming to an end. Not a good one, that's for sure. Don't know what that's going to mean, perhaps a bit more introspection than before. Two years wasted. Actually three and a half..
Old 07-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #22
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Seems like my studies are coming to an end. Not a good one, that's for sure. Don't know what that's going to mean, perhaps a bit more introspection than before. Two years wasted. Actually three and a half..
Wasted? How?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #23
capsized.

If I would be an optimistic person, I'd say to myself: "Well, you didn't make it here, but at least you learned something about yourself and such." However, if you go to college/uni/whatever, you're doing so to graduate one day. Nice try..
Old 07-10-2005, 08:31 AM   #24
merely human

I knew friends in school who took whatever courses they wanted. Problem with that is, towards the end, it left them confused about what they really wanted to do, and what they did know wasn't very useful. Bad planning. Since then I've been telling people (my nieces, specifically) that if you're still undecided, at least learn as many things as possible that will get you some kind of job to pay rent, food, and student loans back. After that if you finally realize what to do to truly make you happy, you can go back to school to study it. Write the rules to be custom tailored to yourself, never according to what anyone else tells you.

If, after a long time, you're still undecided, it may mean that you're scared of failure and want to avoid it, or you're scared of success and want to avoid it. Or it could just mean that you don't want to commit to anything and you think that to do so would be to accept a mediocre, unexciting life. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing becuause that kind of life will pay your rent, food, and student loans - it'll take care of the realities, until you finally discover what you truly want to do to make yourself happy.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #25
capsized.

Well, part of the problem was that I was asking myself: "What if you did this and this different? How would it possibly have affected your studies? And why didn't you *do* it different? You idiot!" For almost two years. Introspection overkill. That's why I posted this here.

But you're right. Doing something is a good thing. As long as you *are* doing something. During the last two years, I really didn't.. It's a bit like waking up from a terrible nightmare now. It's not all over yet, but it looks like it will be in a few weeks. Hey, does AG need a cleaning boy or something?

Will wash up the dishes for food.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #26
Schoolgirl From Hell

I have too many thoughts in my head. I'm going to sleep, now.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 07-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #27
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Well, part of the problem was that I was asking myself: "What if you did this and this different? How would it possibly have affected your studies? And why didn't you *do* it different? You idiot!" For almost two years. Introspection overkill. That's why I posted this here.
You'll accomplish nothing if all you do is introspect. Like I stated, could that be symptomatic of fear of commitment? Fear of failure? Of success? Ask yourself, Why do I need to think about these things so extensively? Do I even need to think about them anymore without doing them first?

Quote:
But you're right. Doing something is a good thing. As long as you *are* doing something. During the last two years, I really didn't.. It's a bit like waking up from a terrible nightmare now. It's not all over yet, but it looks like it will be in a few weeks. Hey, does AG need a cleaning boy or something?
So ask yourself, What have I gained from the past two years that I couldn't doing something else? Am I better off for it? According to whatever standards I set for myself?

Quote:
Will wash up the dishes for food.
Go talk to fov.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #28
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Go talk to fov.

I don't have the guts to.
Actually, that pretty much sums everything up. I guess.

*off to eat*
Old 07-11-2005, 06:17 AM   #29
capsized.

My new shirt: