Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   What are you eating and drinking? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/9049-what-you-eating-drinking.html)

squarejawhero 07-06-2005 11:51 AM

What are you eating and drinking?

I've just finished a gorgeous adapted sandwich recipe which, suprisingly, I got from the Adam Sandler/Tea Leoni film Spanglish starring the delectable Miss Paz Vega. One scene has Adam, who plays a chef in the film, making the most amazing sandwich (detailed in the special features, no less) -

Rye/Wholewheat bread, one buttered, one with Monterey Jack cheese grilled
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Bacon (streaky, smoked)
Mayo
One egg (fried/poached)

I substituted the cheese for Double Gloucester and the bread for some normal white loaf. Man, this is a bad-for-you delight! Never thought about combining these ingredients, especially with the grilled cheese... Naturally, anything fried was done in Olive Oil - far better than horrid sunflower oil... actually done with extra virgin this time, as I grabbed the wrong bottle. :D

It's worth the work and timing (making sure everything's done and hot at the same time). The trick is to keep the egg still a bit runny too.

I'd also purchased a very, very cheap bottle of some great New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc called Kiwi Cuvee. I haven't had wine in a good few weeks and have been working super-hard today, and it was on offer - £2.49 at Safeway! If you're in the UK, grab a couple of bottles! Seriously superb wine, I discovered it when I worked at Oddbins, the wine shop. Fresh, crisp and just the thing for cutting through greasy bacon.

Now I''m full, satisfied, and ready to study some driving theory. :shifty: Still, BF2 later... as ever... :D

SamNMax 07-06-2005 11:53 AM

Lays Sour Cream & Onion chips and a glass of water.

Intrepid Homoludens 07-06-2005 11:53 AM

Coming up on lunchtime here. I'm currently sipping soda water on the rocks. I'm thinking of making myself a strawberry banana smoothie for lunch. :)

fov 07-06-2005 11:59 AM

Just had spaghetti with red sauce and a salad for lunch. :D

samIamsad 07-06-2005 12:02 PM

Green salad with feta cheese, onions, olive oil and tomatoes. :9

Wormsie 07-06-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Coming up on lunchtime here. I'm currently sipping soda water on the rocks. I'm thinking of making myself a strawberry banana smoothie for lunch. :)

Isn't that more like a dessert?

Intrepid Homoludens 07-06-2005 12:05 PM

*burp*

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...om/heh_heh.gif 'Scuse me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninth

Not here in America. It's simply just juice, fruit, and ice pureed. Very healthy, a meal in itself if preferred.

fov 07-06-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wormsie

Not as long as he adds low-fat yogurt to it and gets his veggies, protein, and grains with dinner.

I'm writing about nutrition right now. :D

Intrepid Homoludens 07-06-2005 12:07 PM

I found some vanilla yogurt in the fridge. :D

Jazhara7 07-06-2005 12:10 PM

*sniff*

What about my thread? The "Braiiiiins!!!" thread. It was about the same topic...

- ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

(can you merge it?)

gillyruless 07-06-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
Not as long as he adds low-fat yogurt to it and gets his veggies, protein, and grains with dinner.

I'm writing about nutrition right now. :D

Ah, much better than writing about penile injections.

It's 4 PM here and I'm starving right now. I only had watery cream of broccoli soup from our lovely cafeteria for lunch. I was just planning to warm up Chinese takeout left over from yesterday for dinner but you guys are making me feel guilty.

:frown:

Wormsie 07-06-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninth

Not here in America. It's simply just juice, fruit, and ice pureed. Very healthy, a meal in itself if preferred.

You mistook me for Ninth! I don't mind though, as Ninth is at least as hot as I am.

This calls for an avatar change. Haha, I know!

I made macaroni caserole. Except that I used spaghetti instead. Works just as well, and doesn't look as ordinary.

Intrepid Homoludens 07-06-2005 12:17 PM

Oops, sorry Wormsie.

< suddenly imagines Ninth, Worm, and himself in a three-way >

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...onguesmile.gif

samIamsad 07-06-2005 12:21 PM

Ahem.

*Coca Cola*

SCRUGAtes13 07-06-2005 12:22 PM

mummy makes me pure carrot, celery, tomato, apple, grape, etc (mostly mixed in pairs) juice in the blender. good mummy. good mummy.

yummy yummy yummy.

i eat anything and everything except a lot of fast foods. yucky yucky yucky.

Intrepid Homoludens 07-06-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad
Ahem.

*Coca Cola*

< imagines Ninth, Wormsie, and himself in a three-way with Coca Cola >

:crazy:

No, that would not work.

SCRUGAtes13 07-06-2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

< imagines Ninth, Wormsie, and himself in a three-way with Coca Cola >

yucky yucky yucky :r :r :r :r

NuttyGal 07-06-2005 12:27 PM

Well i just ate a home made curry that my dad cooked and had a big glass of milk afterwards

Oh and a milkshake

Yummy

samIamsad 07-06-2005 12:29 PM

Ha. My dad cooked, too. Yes, the salad. He cooked the salad. Erm.

Intrepid Homoludens 07-06-2005 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuttyGal
Well i just ate a home made curry that my dad cooked and had a big glass of milk afterwards

Oh and a milkshake

Yummy

And where the hell have YOU been, woman?

Mmmm, curry. big R makes a delicious Thai style chicken curry. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...a/as-drool.gif