You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What are you eating and drinking?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #61
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Hotness is all about the attitude. It's defititely not about having a supermodel body.
Here, "hot" generally refers to looks and looks alone. The context you've used "hot" in refers to self-confidence, in which case I agree with your earlier opinion wholeheartedly.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #62
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Okay, you two go get a room already!!!
Tempting, except for two things:
Gilly is spoken for, and I don't hunt on anyone else's land.
From time to time, I get the impression Gilly doesn't play for the same team I do, although I'm not entirely certain about that.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #63
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
This from a guy who actually has a supermodel body! I don't have a crush on you for your having a great attitude you know. I do because you have a hot bod.
Well, what I meant was that I have an enormous... attitude... as well.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:06 PM   #64
SamNMax

Today I had a huge slice of pepperoni and a medium Dr. Pepper at Sbarro Pizza for lunch. I am now having a small bag of Andy Capp's Hot Fries and a bottle of Minute Maid lemonade.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #65
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Today I had a huge slice of pepperoni and a medium Dr. Pepper at Sbarro Pizza for lunch. I am now having a small bag of Andy Capp's Hot Fries and a bottle of Minute Maid lemonade.
I don't feel so good.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 01:25 PM   #66
SamNMax

Yeah, the pizza wasn't very good.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #67
Homer of Kittens

I had a salad. I'm trying to trim down.

Firefox rules
Old 07-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I had a salad. I'm trying to trim down.
Trim Down! But you are like a chop stick. You don't look like you need to trim down at all. I could lose a few pounds but I don't think you do.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #69
merely human

Actually, gilly, you look like the sort who could beef yourself up to truly look f#&king hot. You have the height and proper architecture. Can you imagine yourself toned up?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 07-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #70
Bad Influence

SamNMax- Andy Capp's Hot Fries are great! I can eat an entire big bag in one sitting. I have tried them with lemonade as well (pink, of course), and I find the flavors compliment each other very nicely.
You went to Sbarro and didn't get a sausage roll or calzone? Shame on you! Their pizza sucks, but the other stuff is quite good.

I'm having a "Mandarin Combo" (shrimp, chicken, pork, beef, and veggies in brown sauce with fried rice, an egg roll, and hot & sour soup) from China Way. It's a tiny little hole in the wall, but they have some of the best Chinese food around.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-07-2005, 05:50 PM   #71
merely human

Scottsie? Aren't you supposed to be working on losing some weight and getting yourself generally healthy again?
Old 07-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #72
Bad Influence

Quote:
Scottsie? Aren't you supposed to be working on losing some weight and getting yourself generally healthy again?
For me, this is very little. I got the lunch size, had the soup and half the entree tonight, and will have the egg roll and the other half of the entree tomorrow night.
I spent most of the day at work today hefting 16" truck tires onto a shelf that's about a foot higher than the top of my head, so it's not like I don't have a caloric debt to pay.
I got no desert and am washing my meal down with a Diet Pepsi. Eating like this is how I've lost the weight that I have so far, but it still takes a fair amount to keep me going during the day.
Yes, I could probably lose weight faster by living on salads and water, but that kind of dieting has three downsides:
A. Constant hunger makes me surly and combative;
B. Not having anything good to eat makes me much more likely to cheat on my diet or just give up in disgust;
C. Weight that is lost that fast tends to come right back twice as fast once you go off the diet.
I'm shooting for sustainable weight loss through increasing my metabolism, not temporary weight loss through yo-yo dieting.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #73
merely human

I have a bit of advice based on living with big R (hunky sportsman), if you're interested.

Eat a fairly big balanced breakfast (most important meal of the day).
Have a light lunch (one that digests easily and quickly).
Replace most junk food with fruits as snacks.
Eat dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime, the earlier the better.

I have a high metabolic rate so it seems I'd be able to eat whatever I want. However, I prefer to eat 'like a bird', and big R says that's actually a good thing, because it means that I'm less likely to work up a huge appetite in between meals and end up gorging myself. Instead, I have regular light breakfasts of just coffee (w/ 2 teaspoons half-n-half), whole wheat buttered toast with Nutella, and juice. Then for the rest of the day it's snack and nibble - think of it as an extended lunch all the way to dinner time. I usually snack on rice crackers, dried fruits, dried seaweed (which I really love), cheese, grapes, etc. (never potato chips and candybars). If I happen to be particularly hungry midday I make myself an omelet (2 eggs, olive oil, scallions) and have it with juice. I never drink soda pop, instead I make virgin Madras (cranberry juice + orange juice) or I sip soda water.

By the time big R comes home we'll have agreed on dinner - either I make it or he does. I'm a huge sucker for green salads with cherry tomatoes and vinaigrette that I make myself. I've persuaded him to stop getting ice cream and instead buy sorbets (fat free!!) and I slice up some strawberries we have dessert that way.

It's VERY possible to spoil yourself with foods that are sinfully delicious but are low in fat and other bad things. And I love that big R and I mostly cook our meals (instead of ordering out or getting fast food).
Old 07-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #74
Bad Influence

Quote:
I have a bit of advice based on living with big R (hunky sportsman), if you're interested.

Eat a fairly big balanced breakfast (most important meal of the day).
Black coffee and oatmeal (blech!) in winter, black coffee and Cheerios with skim milk in the summer.
Quote:
Have a light lunch (one that digests easily and quickly).
One slice of pizza and a Diet Coke (30 minute lunch break at work).
Quote:
Replace most junk food with fruits as snacks.
Who has time for snacks? Okay, occasionally white raisins on my off-days.
Quote:
Eat dinner at least 3 hours before bedtime, the earlier the better.
As of right now, 4 1/2 hours since my last meal.
Quote:
I have a high metabolic rate so it seems I'd be able to eat whatever I want.
I used to be like that myself, but events conspired to change my metabolism for the worse. I am now in the process of changing it back. Pray that yours never changes and you don't get to experience the inexpressable joy of watching yourself balloon out on half of what you used to eat with impunity.
Quote:
It's VERY possible to spoil yourself with foods that are sinfully delicious but are low in fat and other bad things. And I love that big R and I mostly cook our meals (instead of ordering out or getting fast food).
No sugar, minimal fat, and take-out Chinese is as close to "fast food" as I ever get.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 07-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #75
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Black coffee and oatmeal (blech!) in winter, black coffee and Cheerios with skim milk in the summer.
You don't like oatmeal? You're not eating it right. Next time stir in a tablespoon of Nutella (5 1/2 grams of fat). And slice up some strawberries to toss into your Cheerios.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:13 AM   #76
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

I had a big bowl of Corn Flakes for breakfast.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #77
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
C. Weight that is lost that fast tends to come right back twice as fast once you go off the diet.
The whole point is to NOT go off the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepsie
By the time big R comes home we'll have agreed on dinner - either I make it or he does.
That sounds somehow very sweet and romantic. Like a kind of harmony.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #78
SamNMax

Quote:
Oh, please. I eat like shit and I'm as healthy as ever.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #79
merely human

At your age you can eat anything you want. Enjoy it while you're young, because once you're in your 30s, 40s, 50s everything changes.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #80
SamNMax

Dinner: Taco Bell. Softshell #8 (3 tacos) with a large Mountain Dew.