You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #21
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Between the moisture in the veggies and the moisture in the soup, the chicken cooks and stays nice and tender. Just don't try it with the whole breast of chicken though, you do have to cut it up. Middle of the oven is fine or top, whatever - this one is hard to foul up - it is a very versatile recipe.

Lynsie
Cool. It will be done in half an hour. Hope I wasn't supposed to add any sort of spices or seasoning, cause I didn't.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #22
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

If your stuffing has spices in it, that's all you need. What did you use for stuffing?

Lynsie
Old 06-13-2005, 12:52 PM   #23
Banned User

Quote:
If your stuffing has spices in it, that's all you need. What did you use for stuffing?

Lynsie
Stovetop.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #24
Banned User

Ohhhh man. That was so good. I feel fat now. I'll always remember it too, because I was eating it while watching the Michael Jackson verdict.

Anyway, my sister loved it. Thanks FG!

Old 06-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #25

You forgot to provide the vital info. Did the chicken fully crossed the road?

Old 06-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #26
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

You're very welcome! Glad you liked it. And it was easy to make, too, right?

Lynsie
Old 06-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #27
Banned User

Quote:
You're very welcome! Glad you liked it. And it was easy to make, too, right?

Lynsie
Very easy, next time i'll make it for my girlfriend and impress her with it because she's convinced I can't cook.

As for the chicken....

...I wouldn't have eaten it if it wasn't cooked! Doy
Old 06-13-2005, 01:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet
Gilly, I would love to have a recipe for Kimchi if you've got one. I downloaded some from the internet and they are all so variable, I'd prefer one recommended to me.
Thanks,
Jo
Jo, Kimchi is a tough nut to crack. Many Koreans like kimchi very spicy and fermented, which might be too ethnic or exotic for palates that are not accustomed to kimchi. Having said that, here are two recipes for cabbage-based kimchi that I found on the internet and liked. One is non-fermented version, while the other is fermented version. The first one(non-fermented version) is meant to be made in smaller quality and eaten right away, while the second one (the fermented one) can be kept for week in the refrigerator.

Kimchi Recipe 1:

Ingredients

1 Chinese cabbage
1 teaspoon vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon hot pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Sesame seed oil

Directions

1. Chop the cabbage into pieces about 1 1/2 inches long by 1 1/2 inches ride. Three cups of chopped cabbage are needed.
2. Crush the garlic and blend with the hot pepper, soy sauce and vinegar. Add the cabbage and mix well. Add the salt and sugar, mix, and cover until ready to serve.
3. Add sesame oil (the roasted kind you get from Asian grocery)to taste.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS.

Kimchi Recipe 2:

Go to this website. It's actually very nice and the recipe came from an actual Korean and you can see pictures of a Korean actually preparing the dish. This is actually how my mother would make kimchi and her kimchi is very, very good. They make a big deal out of what they call the "kimchi sauce". They say it's better you not knowing how it's made. It's really nothing bad. It comes from salted and fermented sea food such as shrimps or anchovies. You can leave it out and still get good kimchi. Because of me (I'm a vegetarian), my mother makes kimchi without using it and her kimchi tastes fine.

http://www.pyongyang-metro.com/kimchi/
Old 06-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #29
Easily amused

Cool! That was one of the websites I had a recipe from. I do like the fermented kind, and had tried one recipe that turned out not so bad. Instead of chili powder, I use my own home grown chilies so the final dish is not as red.
Thanks for the reference.
Jo
Old 06-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #30
Fulci lives

One of the hardest bits in Still Life is when you have to figure out the recipe to make cookies, i´d like to try and make some.
They prolly taste yummie!

Quote:
Make Cookies - Look close at ingredients on central island. Read the recipe book about Gingerbread Man.

1 cup of love

1/2 cup of generosity

2 cups of commitment

1 cup of sweetness

1/2 cup of integrity

1 tablespoon of romance

1 teaspoon of sensuality

1 common sense

In a bowl, cream together generosity, sweetness and love to give your man a sweetheart.

To give him devotion, sift together commitment, sensuality and romance. Blend devotion to his sweetheart.

Finally, add intelligence, a mix of common sense and integrity and beat it with the rest to make your perfect man.

Give him a form and place in the oven. Remember not to overcook.

Place in mixer bowl: 1/2 cup butter (generosity), 1 cup of brown sugar (sweetness) and 1 cup of milk (love). Click round button to mix-cream.

Add to bowl: 2 cups flour (commitment), 1 teaspoon cinnamon (sensuality) and 1 tablespoon of ginger (romance). Click round button to mix-blend.

Add to bowl: 1 egg (intelligence) and 1/2 cup molasses (integrity). Click round button to mix-beat.

Click on oven.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Resurrection...

Even though I don't do it often enough, I love to cook (especially things I've never tried before!).

I've been enamoured of Middle Eastern and North African cuisine lately and I got a tagine for Christmas.

I've tried it twice. Once in the oven, but I put too much liquid in and the recipe was blah. The second time I used it on the stove top (I have an electric so no need for a diffuser) and it worked beautifully on medium heat.

I made Chicken Tagine with Olives and Preserved Lemons:

2-3 T. olive oil
1 red onion, chopped finely
3 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
large pinch of saffron threads toasted and crushed(I think this is optional as it is expensive)
1 chicken about 3-1/2 lbs. (I used some chicken breasts)
2 cups chicken broth or water (the recipe said 3 but I cut it down d/t the tagine)
1/2 cup greeny-brown Moroccan olives (or Greek kalamata olives)
1 large bunch cilantro finely chopped
1 large bunch parsley finely chopped
1 preserved lemon in salt - rinsed then chopped (+/- the skin)

Heat the oil. Fry the onion until golden. Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt then work in the ginger, cinnamon, saffron and a little pepper. Stir into the onions, cook until fragrent then put over the chicken (at this point in the tagine)

Add the broth (or water) and bring to simmering point. Cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours turning the chicken 2 or 3 times.

Add the olives, preserved lemon and herbs, cover and cook for another 15 minutes. The resulting sauce may need to be concentrated further depending on flavor.

There are also vegetarian tagine recipes as well.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:26 PM   #32
Epinionated.

Oooh yeah, that sounds awesome. Might have to cook that myself. I like Morrocan food... they do things with Cous Cous that could make a grown man cry.

Heh, I'd post my own Italian recipes, but they aren't that suprising.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #33
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Holy shit. That's the biggest butt plug I've ever seen.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #34
capsized.

*cough*
Old 10-10-2005, 11:56 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Holy shit. That's the biggest butt plug I've ever seen.
uh........ummmmm......

really, it's used for cooking
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 AM   #36
Schoolgirl From Hell

Sweet and Sour Chicken (student in a hurry version)

You need:
Chicken
Egg (beaten)
Oil
Cornflour
Tomato paste / sauce
1 Lemon (squeeze it for juice)
Honey
Capsicum - cut into small pieces
Some sweet pineapple - cut into small pieces (if you
like)
Onions
Garlic

Chop the chicken into small bite-size pieces (I like them boneless). Heat some oil. Soak the chicken pieces with the beaten egg and coat them with flour. Fry the chicken pieces and set them aside.

Fry onions and garlic. Add chopped capsicum and pineapple. Add tomato sauce and lemon juice. Add honey. Add some water if it is too thick. Stir. It should have that sweet and sour taste and the texture should be, well... saucy. Add salt to taste. Finally, add the fried chicken into the sauce and stir them all together. Serve.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 AM   #37
Psychonaut

My favourite recipe

Chocolate Moose

Noo, toodie wee well meg dee chocolate mooose. Step oone, geet a five-pound block oof chocolate. <5 lb. chocolate hefted onto table. THUNK!>

Step twoo, get dee mooose. Heer, mooosee mooosee mooosee mooosee! <moose walks into kitchen.>

Step three, put dee mooose een dee bleender.<moose looks quizically as chef puts moose in blender, head first.Vreee! Vreee! Vruuunk!>

Nuutice: dee bleender cun't hundel dee entlers. Put dee entlers een last. <chef reverses moose, puts back in blender. Moose raises front legs in "why me?" gesture Vreee! Vreee! Vruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunknknknknk Chef pulls antlers out of blender>

Seeve dee entlers, yoo cun use dem fur furks.

Steep three: cuut chocolate eentoo leetle bite-size peeces. Heer, we uuse a cleever. < attempts to chop chocolate block with meat cleaver, but only succeeds in breaking the cleaver.>

Dees is guud chocolate. Weell, eef at furst yuu dun't succeed, pass dee buck. Get dee asseesteent. Aseesteent! <Miss Piggy, in chef's hat and apron, enters kitchen.> Asseesteent, pulees cuut dee chocolate eentoo leedle bite-size peeces. <Miss Piggy karate-chops chocolate block into little pieces, leaving chocolate all over counter.>

Theenk yooo, asseestent. <Miss Piggy leaves. Chef uses dustpan and broom to collect chocolate pieces>

Steep fuur, put chocolate een weeth mooose, und bleend egen.<dumps dumps chocolate into blender, and turns it on. He has forgotten to place the lid on the blender, however, and chocolate moose begins to cover the chef and his kitchen.>

Allweeys remembur oone uf twoo theengs. Eether puut dee leed on dee bleender, ur meg shuur det yuur diiners ur een dee keetchen. <Collects chocolate moose from his apron using his finger, then tastes it.>

Uum! Dees ees guud mooosee!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:11 AM   #38
Super Moderator

@Lucien:

LMAO!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:22 AM   #39
Citizen of Bizarro World

Bacon 'n Eggs a la Mares('s mom)

*Cut bacon into little pieces and place on frying pan. Fry until crisp. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT remove the bacon from the pan.

*Cut chamignons and place into the pan, have them cook on the bacon fat for a couple of minutes.

*Add eggs & salt. Preferably, do not mix eggs, so that the yolk would stay intact. Sunny side up, I believe it's called.

*Serve with tomatoes, cheese and bread.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 10-11-2005, 07:25 AM   #40
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Tabacco, I'm still waiting for those pie recipes...I'm addicted to pie, and already convinced some people at another forum that we should use real pie instead of the pie shaped figures when playing Trivial Pursuit.

A little more, and I will need pie be served intravenous...

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!