Sin City - Page 2 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert
The comic is black and white too. At least, from what I remember.
Yes, I know. I meant: are there a few colors amidst the black and white in the comic too?
Old 06-16-2005, 03:29 PM   #22
guy,dude,man,person,boy

Send a message via AIM to D.M.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Yes, I know. I meant: are there a few colors amidst the black and white in the comic too?
That Yellow Bastard from all the ones that I've read is all. But I'm pretty sure there are more.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #23
Freeware Co-ordinator

I thought it was an astounding visual spectacle. The way colour was used so sparingly but to great effect. The scenes that were pure sillhouettes. The use of something like whitewash to represent blood (and quite a lot of it as well) And the best part is that, despite spending all that time and money on the look, the plot and story(s) told is excellent as well.

The only reason I can think of for not recommending this to someone is if they can't stand violence in films. Great stuff.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, thatís what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it wonít work if you agree
Old 06-18-2005, 06:54 AM   #24
Party On Dudes

does anyone agree that this sort of film has the potential to really screw a childs mind up?

i loved the film by the way. Rodriguez is a good director for people like me.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #25
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
does anyone agree that this sort of film has the potential to really screw a childs mind up?

i loved the film by the way. Rodriguez is a good director for people like me.
But children shouldn't be able to see it because of the certificate it's been given. (I know, children will see it anyway and I don't want to start into a debate on age ratings as censorship.)

I'd say the film is a fair mental challenge both because of the subject matter and the style in which it's presented. On that basis I'd say it has the potential to really mess with young minds. I see this as an example of how ratings can be a tool to protect the young. I know that age isn't necessarily the same as maturity (and hence ability to cope with this sort of film) but I know I wouldn't be happy with my niece or nephew seeing it quite yet.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, thatís what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it wonít work if you agree
Old 06-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #26

I really liked the film! I liked the way the film started in black & white and then as it went on more & more colour highlighted certain areas! That was really good!

I also liked the way each plot linked on to another! I haven't read the comic to this, so I didn't really know much about it but after watching it i think that this film is one of the best i have seen! Yeah some of the action in it may of been over done, but on the other hand it wasnt something that gave you nightmares!

I think if they let little children watch it than it may cause them a bit of trouble in the future!

Overall i really liked the film!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #27
Party On Dudes

thanks stepurhan, i got banned from another forum because i argued that the violence could harm the mentality of a child. censorship laws have made it necessary for these sort of films to be made - which is a good thing - but children have easy access to films like this today so there must be something that can be done to stop this.

For god's sakes think of the children!!

Old 06-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #28

Default Sin City-AWESOME MOVIE

Hey guys, it's Zack. This is my first time on the Chit-Chat forum, but I am a real movie-buff. Yes, that's right, I love both computer games, and Movies. Anyway, I came onto this topic while exploring, and I thought I should give you my opinion of this movie:

Sin City was the only movie I saw this year 3 times. The first time I watched it all the way, and the other two times, I just watched segments of it while I waited for the bus transportation system I use to come pick me up. I absolutely loved it. It was the most inventive movie I have seen so far this year, and it's right up there with Batman Begins, and Star Wars: Episode III on my favorite movies for this year so far. My favorite story segment in the movie was the one with Clive Owen, and it was about those deadly vixens who owned a very bad neighborhood. The dialogue in that segment just oozed with style.

One more thing: Despite the fact that my two bosses, Eli Burell, and Clint Clark who run the movie theater I work at, told me they didn't think I would like it because it was very violent, I did not once get squeamish on the movie. There were some scenes that bordered on very unsettling for me, but it didn't gross me out. I guess I've got a very strong stomach.

My overall opinion: I highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes movies that are original and inventive. This is coming from someone who has never read the comic books (or graphic novels, if that's what it's called) before.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #29
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
I got banned from another forum because I argued that the violence could harm the mentality of a child. Censorship laws have made it necessary for these sort of films to be made - which is a good thing - but children have easy access to films like this today so there must be something that can be done to stop this.

For god's sakes think of the children!!
You got banned from another forum for arguing a very reasonable and prudent viewpoint like that? What forum was this, "barbarians.com"? Or maybe "baal-mammon.org"?
At any rate, their loss is our gain. Welcome to the AG forum, SCRUGAtes13!

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #30
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
You got banned from another forum for arguing a very reasonable and prudent viewpoint like that? What forum was this, "barbarians.com"? Or maybe "baal-mammon.org"?
At any rate, their loss is our gain. Welcome to the AG forum, SCRUGAtes13!

ScottMate
i owe you a beer

Old 06-21-2005, 11:50 AM   #31
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Hmmm, comes out in four weeks in Finland. I can't wait to see it.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #32
guy,dude,man,person,boy

Send a message via AIM to D.M.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Well, like I said before, PREPARE FOR THE ENDING.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #33
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Me neither.

And only partly because of it being Sin City. I have five student tickets I'm desperate to use. The last three times I went to the cinema they had discount tickets, so there was no point in using the more expensive student tickets.