You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What Do You Look Like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #1201
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
How old is Scott? He does look pretty young in his pics.
He's 39.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #1202
Banned User

You look about 5 years younger than that.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #1203
the short, bearded guy

i finally got the autoforward daemon to play nicely with adventuregamers.

it didn't like forwarding posts for some reason before. oh well. problem solved. with that done...

...i caught up with this thread [from page fifty three, which was where i left it] - so, in backwards order, here's some of the stuff i wish to respond to -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrift store scott

i've always liked long hair, both on myself and on others...
ditto. and long beards. if i can find them. otherwise, a short beard is good too. i'm pretty easy about both, really. i *prefer* bearded men, to the point where they're what turns my head when i am looking, but there's only so far [as you said] that looks can take you. after that, it's what's inside that matters more. so, if i'm just looking, a long beard and long hair are both good. there's other criteria, if i'm just looking, but that might be scary for most. if i'm interacting, it really doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new york times

are they [beards] a reflection of the stylistic impact on mainstream fashion of the subculture of gay men known as bears, who embrace natural body hair?
this really depends on who you ask.
back when i was running with the bears, a friend of mine and i had a long, long conversation about the social ramifications of that specific movement.
running the numbers, we came to the conclusion that beardom was much like any gay subculture. if gay people make up one tenth of the world's population, or any population in general, then bears make up one tenth of the gay population. even less when you factor in the way gay men deal with themselves as a whole - so, unless you can successfully argue that the bear man has more economic power and is more visible than other gay men [and lots of the "bears" argue the reverse - that they're *less* visible because of their beards and hair] - it's difficult to imagine that bears had "that large an impact" on the fashion [or other industries.] - i think it's like anything else, in this instance in the fashion industry, beards just "came back." much like most clothing trends cycle in and out of fashion.

what is curious/interesting about that particular article was that the reviewer actually knew about the bear subculture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazhara7

i just hope for you guys that kids don't get in the habit of playing "bear" again. some beards are really pretty, and wouldn't it be a shame if they became unfashionable because kids kept calling "bear" [or "ice bear" if it's a white beard) once they saw one once again?
i'm thinking they'd probably call you polar bear instead. which, coincidentally, is what the gay bears call older, greybearded men.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #1204
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakSquash
You look about 5 years younger than that.
I would say you can thank clean living for that, but the preservative effects of alcohol have played their part as well.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #1205
In his own world now

this is a pic of me taken while i was driving my best friends car..................i was a little tight on cash that day

sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you..............other times the problem may take years of struggle to overcome it, but no matter how hard the solution, solving the problem is one of the highest forms of satisfaction known to man
Old 04-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #1206
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerzone
this is a pic of me taken while i was driving my best friends car..................i was a little tight on cash that day

Your head is on crooked.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #1207
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Scott -

Okay, here goes - first of all you look very tired, weary even, though you did say you caught a bug there.
I was tired and weary; I spent most of that day walking around downtown. I didn't take that photo until after I got back to the hotel room.

Quote:
Second, you have such gorgeous hair - it needs to be longer to frame your face more.
It is longer, but I brushed it back so you could see my face.

Quote:
Third, your facial hair looks terrific.
Thank you Ma'am.

Quote:
Fourth, your eyes - well, you aren't showing the steamy, sexual, penetrating look that you can get sometimes - but what's there is a warm, kind, gentle sort of understanding and acceptance.
Plus I was squinting because the sun was in my eyes. Only Clint Eastwood has managed to make squinting look sexy.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-06-2006, 05:20 PM   #1208
Tactlessly understated

Send a message via AIM to Kingzjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
That looks like something George Krause could've taken. Only a little bit on the not really side.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #1209
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsie
Great photos Trep! You're such a cutie!
Dang, don't make me blush, man.

Quote:
Be gentle.
Well, don't you look as comforting as a pillow! I can do nothing else but relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquashedSak
It was missing something...
Awesome! Thanks. Reminds me of the striking Jean-Baptiste Mondino photographs for Jean-Paul Gaultier's advertising campaigns during the 1980s. Dang, those tats look seductive, making me wanna get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzlebub
That looks like something George Krause could've taken.

Only a little bit on the not really side.
Awesome work. I've heard of Krause before, but only in passing (i.e., hadn't studied him in contemporary art history). The guy who photographed me specializes in black & white nudes and this was the first time he pushed the lights and shadows to this extreme in his oeuvre.

Oh, and I love yer new av! Got that "I'm-the-worst-bitch-from-hell-hug-me" air about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynsie
Trep -

You look so much better in the casual pics than the posed ones. Yes, they are great, and very artistic, but the Trep I want to know, is the one in the casual pics. I can see why Saksie did what he did. That stony artist's model just isn't the Trep we know and love! You seem too austere and removed from the realities of the world - untouched and untouchable, and therefore not like our real Trep. As ever, you seem ageless, but if I had to guess - I would say in the casual pic you look 28.

You two both know that I love you, and that I'm being honest with you.
Continuing from my explanation to Kingz, the photographer who asked me to pose for him saw all my angles and he then chose to treat me as sculpture, so there is an austerity and untouchability in that, a kind of ideal. It was purely aesthetic, so it wasn't really a portrait and doesn't display my personality. In real life I'm cool and laid back, but also quite a smart-ass (inherited from my dad), witty, much more approachable though shy.

Thanks for your honesty.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #1210
fire breathing

Old 04-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #1211
merely human

Aw shit, Bunnsie, I remember your pic from when you had more baby fat.

But look at you now. Like Freddy Prinze Jr. Damn hot!! RRRRROOOOWWWWRRRR!!!

( Take that as a genuine compliment from a gay guy, we can be FAR MORE cruel in our demands than women, you know.)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #1212
fire breathing

:p

Old 04-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #1213
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Scot
I think you look great! You have the same kind of beard as my husband. As a matter of fact: If I were singel, and you weren´t gay I´d pay you a visit.
One question: how do you avoid the wrinkels? I´m only a couple of years older than you and I´ve got lots of them. It must be the kids fault.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #1214
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Great picture. It´s nice to see you in an every day environment Now I know what you look like when you´re on the forum posting away your witty remarks!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #1215
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
Scott
I think you look great!
Thank you Ma'am.

Quote:
You have the same kind of beard as my husband. As a matter of fact: If I were singel, and you weren´t gay I´d pay you a visit.
*blushing*
Aw, ya big flirt!

Quote:
One question: how do you avoid the wrinkles? I´m only a couple of years older than you and I´ve got lots of them. It must be the kids fault.
I have a secret beauty regimen that includes only posting slightly blurry photos of myself.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-08-2006, 02:51 AM   #1216
Party On Dudes

@ dangerzone: gangsta! mo' duckets mo' duckets!!

@benjaminbunny: gangsta! gotta love that hat! diggin' that groovy thread!

@trep: a true gangsta! with the 'family'!!

@scott:... without a doubt the coolest cat on this forum... gangsta!!

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 04-08-2006, 03:34 AM   #1217
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
@scott:... without a doubt the coolest cat on this forum... gangsta!!
Thanks dude! I must admit, I've never been called "gangsta" before.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 AM   #1218

Are you kidding? Put on some nys, a little bling bling and a basketball shirt and you's a sudurn pimp, beeatch!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #1219
Bad Influence

You gotta post a picture if you want me to decide whether or not to be your "beeatch".

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #1220
Lazy Bee

Yes, jjacob. We´re waiting.

And Alleycat as well. Although I´m a bit worried what she´ll post.... Can we have a pic of your face please! And preferably you alone....