You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What Do You Look Like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #2781

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

The new color is really fantastic
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #2782

I wish I was young enough for purple hair. (Well, I think I'd prefer pink, but same general idea.)
Old 12-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #2783
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Ah, the schwartzwalder kirchen torte! It's a favorite of mine.
That's "Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte". The spelling mistakes in "Schwarzwälder" are no problems. However "Kirchen" means "Churches". What you are looking for is "Kirschen" meaning "Cherries" - we don't want you losing any teeth eating your favourite cake, do we?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #2784
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
That's "Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte". The spelling mistakes in "Schwarzwälder" are no problems. However "Kirchen" means "Churches". What you are looking for is "Kirschen" meaning "Cherries" - we don't want you losing any teeth eating your favourite cake, do we?

-
Ah, so that's why my German co-workers looked funny at me last time. Thanks for clearing that up
Old 12-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #2785
Creepy Father Figure

Jazzikins you look great! My 16 yr old is envious of your hair color. Her school will not allow "unnatural" hair color, black or purple nails, skulls on their clothes larger than a fist, or pictures of weapons on anything.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #2786
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Jazzikins you look great!
Indeed! Very flattering, Jaz.

Quote:
My 16 yr old is envious of your hair color. Her school will not allow "unnatural" hair color,
I can help with that one! Get your daughter to ask if that particular rule applies to faculty as well as students. If it does (and it always does), then all she has to do is point out the sextogenarian teacher with the "blue rinse"-blue hair (every school has at least one) as being in violation of that rule. Ta-daaa!

Quote:
black or purple nails,
No black or purple nails? Okay, black I can kind of understand because black nail polish is usually seriously crappy nail polish which won't go on evenly, won't cover worth a flip, and begins chipping off within 24 hours of application.
But what's wrong with purple nail polish? It's a heckuva lot more attractive and currently fashionable than red or (God forbid!) pink nail polish.

Quote:
skulls on their clothes larger than a fist,
Ugh... the things high school administrators come up with to fixate on and obsess over. So forty slightly-smaller-than-fist-sized skulls on an article of clothing are fine, but one big one on an article of clothing is a "bad thing"?

Quote:
or pictures of weapons on anything.
That one I can sort of understand, even though I personally think that particular genii has long since been let out of his bottle.

Sorry to hijack the thread with this rant, but I just had a major flashback to some of the stupid dress code rules we had when I was in high school.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 AM   #2787
Under pressure.

Well, I guess it's better than having to wear a uniform, as they do in many other countries. (Not here, though.)
Old 12-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #2788
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Jazzikins you look great! My 16 yr old is envious of your hair color. Her school will not allow "unnatural" hair color, black or purple nails, skulls on their clothes larger than a fist, or pictures of weapons on anything.

It was the same at my High School (well, high school level. The actual school went from Kindergarten to Graduation. Come to think of it, this might be one of the reasons for some of the rules.). No unnatural hair colours, no skirts or pants shorter than just over your knees, shoulders of girls have to be covered (and guys shirts *have* to have at least some sleeve. Just covering the shoulders is not enough. Don't ask me how that rule came to be. ), no beards on the guys, no belly free (if you lift your arms, and your belly is no longer covered, the shirt is too short).

Those rules were enforced, though it wasn't *too* strict. For example, you could get away with a shirt that reveals your belly when you lift your arms, as long as you just didn't lift them, but not with one that permanently leaves your belly free. Also, they let one guy in our theatre group grow a beard because he needed it for a role in the play we were doing.

Now in University, however, we can do what we want. There's two people with turqoise hair, one with black and pink hair, and one with a kind of blueish cheese moldy green hair. And of course, I with purple hair. ^_^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #2789
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
No, silly! That's a Blackforest Cherry cake.
Been playing Portal, have we?

Excellent hair, by the way.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #2790
Stalker of Britain

Well, I wish I could post a picture of myself, but it won't let me since I don't have any place on the internet besides Facebook with my pics. lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #2791
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well, I wish I could post a picture of myself, but it won't let me since I don't have any place on the internet besides Facebook with my pics. lol
Pweddy Pweeeease...
Old 12-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #2792
Stalker of Britain

Oh, Hammerite, I wish I could. I tried to link a picture from Facebook, but the link was faulty and got a red 'x'. If you got an idea how, I'll do it, as long as it isn't, you know, "getting an online account to store pictures"...
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #2793
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
You can add a picture as an attachment on this forum. Or you can make a free Flickr account or an account on another photo website.

Edit: Oh, I just read your post about not wanting to get an account on those websites. But you can still attach photos in the forum.

Last edited by tsa; 12-22-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added more info.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #2794
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
I like it. About the cake: is that a Sachertorte?
Quote:
No, silly! That's a Blackforest Cherry cake.

This is a Sachertorte.
Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #2795
The Quiet One

Quote:
Now in University, however, we can do what we want. There's two people with turqoise hair, one with black and pink hair, and one with a kind of blueish cheese moldy green hair. And of course, I with purple hair. ^_^
That's one of the good points about college and university, you have more freedom in terms of what you can wear, how you speak to your teachers and when you need the toilet etc. You get treated like an adult unlike at school.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #2796
Creepy Father Figure

Heck I love posting pics on my flickr! I also have a photobucket account that works great. Gives me a chance to share pics like me and Mrs.R when we were young and I had a mullet!!

my daughter in this pic is now in her 20's with 2 children of her own
Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #2797
Stalker of Britain

Okay, so I believe I finally got a pic to attach. This is my senior Prom last year. I'm the girl, .
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #2798
tsa
Playing character

Both of you look stunning! Who's the guy?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #2799
Stalker of Britain

Awww, thanks, tsa!! *blush*

He's my ex... That question is actually funny, though. His name is...James Bonds. No joke.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #2800
tsa
Playing character

Cool! Who knows, maybe he will play in a James Bond movie one day. It would be cool to have a black James Bond for a change. Or a female one .