You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat What Do You Look Like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #221
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadriflax
Still, it'd be nice to have to beat them off with a stick.

<dirty mind>
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-05-2005, 03:45 PM   #222
cows are my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Marketplace, in the Bon ton. Last summer. We vacation near rochester, but it rained the whole time we were there, so we went to the mall a lot, and my sister thought she could get away with swiping some underwear, and as she headed out the door she got caught.
Where do you vacation at? I work about 15 minutes from Marketplace and live about 30 minutes away. I'm surprised your sister thought she could get away with it. It's not like it's the Salmon Run Mall in Watertown or something.

Quote:
Nice mall though.
Meh. I'm not too fond of Marketplace. I've seen worse, but Eastview and Irondequoit are better. Irondequoit is actually called "Medley Centre" now and is being revamped. For the past 5-8 years or so it's pretty much been empty. Which was a shame because it's the best mall in the area. But a new developer just bought it out and said he has some new stores ready to come that aren't already in the area. I know that's a bit off topic, but I'm excited about it because it really is a nice mall and it would be nice to have another option and more competition. Dunno when you're coming back, or when the new company plans on starting their grand plan, but you might want to check it out. Get a before/after maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
<dirty mind>
Heh. I realized that when I wrote it, but thought it fitting to leave it in
Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 AM   #223
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hey squarejawhero, I finally found of a pic of me in this year's Anime North costume, sword master Yupa Miralda from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind! (A bazillion thanks to Eric B.! )

Yep, my face is once again obscured by a fake beard...
*waits for the "big pistol" comments, bwahaha *

Enjoy,
T.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:09 AM   #224
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I kind of sensed lately that it was time for a change.

This is me yesterday:

And this is me today:

Three years of hair growing was enough for me right now.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:22 AM   #225

Hmm, I'm sure Trep will offer his "professional" opinion later but let me be the first one to say that short hair really works for you, kolzig. It frames your face rather nicely. One thing I don't like about really long hair, even though it can be very flattering, is that it tends to hide or de-emphasize facial features and when you have handsome face like you do, you want to show it off.

One thing did bother me about the pictures though. How come your room is so clean and neat? Where's the stack of dirty clothes by the bed?
Old 06-09-2005, 06:24 AM   #226
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Very nice, Kolzig!

I'm sure your parents are happy, plus think of the money you'll save on shampoo. This major change in your appearance wouldn't have anything to do with meeting your girlfriend's parents for the first time in the near future, would it?

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-09-2005, 06:24 AM   #227
Epinionated.

That's brave, dude! I did the same thing at 18. Cut it all off, and felt good about it too. No going back now the ol' hairline's receded. At least I can say I did it!

Watch the mullet though.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:31 AM   #228
The Reggienator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
One thing did bother me about the pictures though. How come your room is so clean and neat? Where's the stack of dirty clothes by the bed?
My dirty clothes go always straight into the laundry basket.
But my kitchen is a mess, I'm not gonna show you pics of it.

As I discussed with the barber today, hair just needs to be cut sometimes, and if the need ever comes, I can always go back to the long hair days, it'll just take couple years.
But I am very pleased with the short hair now. I thought about cutting my hair for over an year.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 06-09-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #229
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Hmm, I'm sure Trep will offer his "professional" opinion later but let me be the first one to say that short hair really works for you, kolzig. It frames your face rather nicely. One thing I don't like about really long hair, even though it can be very flattering, is that it tends to hide or de-emphasize facial features and when you have handsome face like you do, you want to show it off.
Nothing more for me to add since you've summed it up.

Beautiful jawline, eyebrows, expressive eyes, chewable ears........check, it's all there. But still that hair - do you have ANY idea how many women would KILL for your hair? You're a walking shampoo commercial, man!!

LOL!! Reminds me of what a fellow design student told me years ago in class: "Are your lips always that full and red?" I meekly said, "Erm, yeah, I was born with it." She said, "Women would KILL for those lips." I walked away, embarrassed.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #230

Quote:
LOL!! Reminds me of what a fellow design student told me years ago in class: "Are your lips always that full and red?" I meekly said, "Erm, yeah, I was born with it." She said, "Women would KILL for those lips." I walked away, embarrassed.
I don't think I would kill for those lips but I would definitely, undeniably kill to kiss those lips, sweetling.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #231
merely human

Whoah.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #232
The Reggienator

Quote:
But still that hair - do you have ANY idea how many women would KILL for your hair? You're a walking shampoo commercial, man!!
I've heard that before, my sister said to me many times in the past that why did I get the hair genes that belong to her and she get the ones that clearly should belong to me.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #233
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Whoah.
Hey Trep, post a picture of the Big R. I've heard so much about him, I personally would love to see a picture.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #234
merely human

Here ya go.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #235
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
That's brave, dude! I did the same thing at 18. Cut it all off, and felt good about it too. No going back now the ol' hairline's receded. At least I can say I did it!

Watch the mullet though.

Hehe
I did the same thing at 21 but then felt so bad that I had to let it grow again, so now it's back on my shoulders
Old 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #236
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Yep, there he is. He doesn't look that big to me, unless you were referring to his... I'll stop now
Old 06-09-2005, 09:08 PM   #237
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I kind of sensed lately that it was time for a change.

This is me yesterday:

Three years of hair growing was enough for me right now.
Oh man, all you needed was a beard and a hemlet with horns, and you'd be my new best friend.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #238
Bad Influence

A Wagnerian opera reference from Temp? Wow! This is a red-letter day in my diary!

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #239
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
A Wagnerian opera reference from Temp? Wow! This is a red-letter day in my diary!

ScottMate
Are you kidding me? Wagner, next to Carl Orf, is one of my favorite musicians! I mean come on, have you heard The Ring? Great stuff.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:28 AM   #240
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Are you kidding me? Wagner, next to Carl Orf, is one of my favorite musicians! I mean come on, have you heard The Ring? Great stuff.
Yes, I was kidding you. You project such a macho persona, and opera is considered by many to be an effete art form, but if there is such a thing as a "macho opera", Wagner's "Ring Cycle" would be it. God knows it takes serious intestinal fortitude to listen to the whole damn thing at once!

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3