California trip - Page 6 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 11:53 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Welcome back.

I want to hear about your trip.
So much to tell, so little time...
Basically, we spend 6 or so days in San Francisco, three days on a Yosemite/Lake Tahoe trip, a few small trips along the coast, and a day in Big Basin. The rest was just hanging around in Palo Alto.

I'll post more soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath for pictures, seeing as I've need to sort the 500 or so that we have taken, which will take a long while.

Oh, and I've been shopping a bit, and got myself Riddle of the Sphinx 1 and 2, and the first 2 Bone comic books.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:26 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Basically, we spend 6 or so days in San Francisco, three days on a Yosemite/Lake Tahoe trip, a few small trips along the coast, and a day in Big Basin. The rest was just hanging around in Palo Alto.

I'll post more soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath for pictures, seeing as I've need to sort the 500 or so that we have taken, which will take a long while.

Oh, and I've been shopping a bit, and got myself Riddle of the Sphinx 1 and 2, and the first 2 Bone comic books.
Welcome back, Ninth. Hope you had a faboo time.

You know for a guy who's very hansome and intelligent, you seem to be very, very shy of posting your pics. Get working on posting your pics already.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Welcome back, Ninth. Hope you had a faboo time.

You know for a guy who's very hansome and intelligent, you seem to be very, very shy of posting your pics. Get working on posting your pics already.
I guess I will post a few, but I seriously need some time to sort them out first.
And yes, it was great.

Man, I wish my day at work would end. I feel really tired and unwilling to work right now . Oh well...
Old 08-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #104
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth

Did Lake Tahoe take your breath away? I like to drive around it on highway 89 and it's just gorgeous. You were smart and vacationed either along the coast or in the mountains and missed the 100 degree weather in the valley
Old 08-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Did Lake Tahoe take your breath away? I like to drive around it on highway 89 and it's just gorgeous. You were smart and vacationed either along the coast or in the mountains and missed the 100 degree weather in the valley
Yup.
I had come through the Tioga Pass, then past Mono Lake, which was breathtaking already in its own way, then north by 395, and finally west to lake Tahoe, and the arrival to the lake was just incredible. It's like arriving to the coast, except that the sea is hundreds of miles away.
I drove all around it, but I have to say the Emerald Bay was my favorite place there.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:55 PM   #106

So I said I would post more but... I know hardly were to begin.

I think what I liked best was walking along the Fisherman's Wharf and in Pier 39, a very colourful or easy-going place, the Golden Gate Park, so peaceful and quiet, the fog on the Golden Gate, the 395 between Yosemite and Reno, Tuolomne Meadows, the Mono Lake, the New Guinea scupteure garden in Stanford during the night. And the Stanford Shopping Center too, I guess.
Berkeley was also a very interesting place, with its incredible diversity of buildings and inhabitants.
And spending a day reading on a beach in Half Moon Bay was very nice.

I wanna go back!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #107

Ninth, it's been 4 days since you got back from you trip and still no pics! Be like Scott and make with the pics already! I want to se you hot French bod on a gorgeous CA background.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Ninth, it's been 4 days since you got back from you trip and still no pics! Be like Scott and make with the pics already! I want to se you hot French bod on a gorgeous CA background.
I just like teasing you, gilly.
I will post these pictures, but proably next week. I've been busy these days.