You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat How did each of you find AG forums? Multi-answers

View Poll Results: How did you find AG forums?
Google Search 6 22.22%
Friend referred me to here 2 7.41%
Found it by looking up adventures 9 33.33%
The devil made me do it 2 7.41%
I was always here 4 14.81%
I am AG! 3 11.11%
All the other AG forums turn me off 4 14.81%
It's the best - of course I'm here! 13 48.15%
I like to argue! 3 11.11%
Only crazy people are here - so here I am! 10 37.04%
Every place else kicked me out 1 3.70%
Minimal censorship 6 22.22%
I like lots of pictures 1 3.70%
Man, this is where ya gotta be! 9 33.33%
Other strange reasons 16 59.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther
Default How did each of you find AG forums? Multi-answers

How did you happen to come here? Did someone tell you about it?

FGM-Lyn

Last edited by Fairygdmther; 05-28-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

First one to reply!

I don't remember how I found the Adventure Gamers website, but I know I have known it for a long time (though I didn't come her that frequently). I probably found it through one of the german Adventure pages (it might be "Stan's Previously Owned Homepage", which was Monkey Island related, but the last news item was that EMI had been announced - but it was probably through one of the Adventure pages it linked to, or maybe the ScummBar) I think I started to come here more frequently when I had the ability to access the Internet from school, and I didn't have as many urls memorised as I have now (also, now Adventure Gamers falls under category of blocked pages - the ones that don't even have Quota time access, because it is "Games" related). But I still did not register at the forums (I was unfamiliar with forums. I never had registered at one.)

But one day in 2003, I registered at the offical "The Longest Journey" forums (people like RaMa and Talas who were also at the forums, might remember that on that day the Magpies were travelling ins swarms all over the country, telling of a nearly forgotten prophecy come true, and Sunflowers were hailed as the new Roses. Also, I think there might have been some Parfaits. ...then again, maybe there wasn't anything. Who knows?) From there I quickly continued to the DIVIDE. From there it was only a matter of time that my loonyiety (I made that word up. "Lunacity" does not fit.) would take over the world...and so I ended up here, where, after I finally registered, I am now ruling the world with a policy of fear and terror love and friendship.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

I don't remember. I probably followed a link from Gameboomers.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:01 AM   #4
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Something to do with a Mixnmojo news post, I think...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:18 AM   #5
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Send a message via MSN to Talas

Google search, I already visited this site some months ago but didn't register. And then, a few weeks ago I did it because my proxy at work started blocking almost all the other forums I went to. I can understand the blocking, but come on, I only use the Internet at lunch hour.

I guess it's a matter of time before this one gets blocked too, that's why I have to enjoy my time here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
But one day in 2003, I registered at the offical "The Longest Journey" forums (people like RaMa and Talas who were also at the forums, might remember that on that day the Magpies were travelling ins swarms all over the country, telling of a nearly forgotten prophecy come true, and Sunflowers were hailed as the new Roses. Also, I think there might have been some Parfaits. ...then again, maybe there wasn't anything. Who knows?) From there I quickly continued to the DIVIDE. From there it was only a matter of time that my loonyiety (I made that word up. "Lunacity" does not fit.) would take over the world...and so I ended up here, where, after I finally registered, I am now ruling the world with a policy of fear and terror love and friendship.
I remember
Old 05-28-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
SamNMax

Other forums linked me here.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

A hint from a friend, I thank you for that my good friend!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #8
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

S'funny how mine and Jaz's choices are the same, we were meant to be honey

Well I looked up adventure games and came across AG. And stayed because of the amount of info here, the up to date news and of course.....

YOU KERAAAAAZY BUNCH!!!!

Love y'all

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Around 1999-2000 I had started writing and designing for Mixnmojo, and I was told by the other Mojo staffers that Adventure Gamer hated us and was a rival site (apparently Lasse was annoyed that Mojo had beat AG to getting hosted by Telefragged a year or two prior, or something... in hindsight, not the best thing to be jealous about), so I stopped by. Later on when Lasse left and it became Marek's site entirely (as far as "ownership" goes), I started popping in and contributing as a non-lurking visitor.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #10
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

I was looking for adventure game walkthroughs for one of the Atlantis games and stumbled across www.adventuregamers.com that way. It took me a while to properly notice there were forums, and a while longer to realise I'd be signing up... and once I did, my primary reason for hanging around was Trep. I think I confused him a little when I wrote him my first PM on more or less day one and thanked him for being so awesome.

Er.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 05-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #11
Doctor Watson

I searched for a link to CMI insult swordfighting walkthru, found http://www.scummbar.com and through that I found Mojo, and finally through a news link at Mojo I discovered Adventure Gamer (later on to be renamed to Adventure Gamers). [I also might have written www.adventuregamer.com to my browser, you know, just url-guessing, at some point.] During the first forum downtime I became an active member, although I think I was among the first 20 people to register on the forums the day they were initially opened.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
Easily amused

I came to AG when BJ started writing articles here. I saw a few familiar names, and lurked long enough to start posting. I've always enjoyed the articles, and I found it good to get exposed to many games I would not have heard about otherwise. I also appreciate the relaxed atmosphere of the forums and the often 'spicy' discussions.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #13
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I really can't remember how I came to be here?
I was an active participant on JA until I got really cheesed off with it, and for a while I was lost in the wilderness, until one day I appeared as a member on these forums with absolutely no memory of how I got here
I just remember feeling that I had finally come home

Its pretty strange that a lot of other people can't remember exactly how they found these forums?
Hmmm..........

Old 05-28-2005, 01:15 PM   #14
Life and times of...

Well, I think I was looking for ways to get GK3's soundtrack, and just stumbled here...

That's it.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
and for a while I was lost in the wilderness, until one day I appeared as a member on these forums with absolutely no memory of how I got here
I just remember feeling that I had finally come home
I assume it involved killing some knights... *winkwinknudgenudgesaynomore*

Quote:
with absolutely no memory of how I got here
Quote:
Its pretty strange that a lot of other people can't remember exactly how they found these forums?
Hmmm..........

Might it be a curse? Or a blessing? We don't know.

If they knew that it is all a part of my dictatorship benevolent rule. I lead potential, talented individuals to the Adventure Gamers, into the den of the Lion golden halls of wisdom, and teach them in my ways. However, I have to erase their memories, so that no malevolent people might find their way here, and destroy everything I've built by crushing the rulers of the world under my iron fist being a light of peace and serenity, a harbinger of doom a new beginning. Nobody knows how they came here, but they can still leave, and tell of their great ruler, Jazhara Jus'alakai 7 the Terrible Wonderful.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-28-2005, 01:59 PM   #16
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
I assume it involved killing some knights... *winkwinknudgenudgesaynomore*

Yes, I do remember some knights - they were hopping around pretending to ride horses - they posed no problem whatsoever

Quote:
Might it be a curse? Or a blessing? We don't know.
What are you saying??? Its a curse... I mean a blessing of course!!!

Old 05-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #17
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I don't really remember the reason why I came here in the first place. I like to remember that the reason was that I read about this place in a local newspaper like the Pelit-magazine.

I first checked only the front page articles but one day I suddenly wanted to try out the forums, I think that I remember some posts by Trep and possibly Jaf. And then I just wanted to register to this forum and look what it had inside it.

Then almost immediately there where the problems that lead from adventuregamer.com to adventuregamers.com and later to the unfortunate attack on the earlier version of this adv. gamers site.

I know that Adventuregamers is the first site/forum I ever contributed in the internet.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:11 PM   #18
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

I did a Google search for "Games, Adventures, Reviews", and AG.com was about the third site down the list of possibilities.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3
Old 05-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #19

I followed a google link about the Inventory (which I had just found about), found this forum, looked in a thread, saw Remixor's (mean) avatar, read a few outrageous posts, and got hooked.
I like to argue, I like AGs, I like the people here, and I hate censorship. So I'm still here.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #20
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

I'm among the google bunch: I googled adventure games and AGers popped up.

As for the forum, I loved the zany characters and conversation taking place. Some of the characters don't show up as much as they used to, but there is always fun to be had here. And it does truly feel like a community.