You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 04:28 AM   #21
Epinionated.

The cintiq was a steal for me, as it's purely work based I can tax it. It's truly a revelation when working into the computer and makes programs like Illustrator, Painter and PS really easy to use. Mine's only 15" but I got it for a great price.

I wouldn't say it's as good as pencil and paper, but it's the nearest you can get right now. The distance from the nib to the screen is a little to big, a mm off or so, but newer models are coming out all the time.

If you invest in it, it's an awesome purchase.

BTW if you're not a professional illustrator, you damn well should be.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #22
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Well, here is my art:

This is Nemegaris. She keeps the last lifetimer of the last individual being born. This person will be born at the end of the world - and be the end of the world (maybe you can see it: there is only one sandcorn in the lifetimer).
The picture was done for an art trade at DeviantArt (my first art trade )

Igrette as a baby (or rather a toddler, if dragons were able to toddle) You all know her. You want her as your pet. You love her. You know you do. Just look at these eyes...

"You are getting sleeepy. Your eyelids are heavy. When I click my claws, you will wake up and find me adorable (as if you didn't do so already), and you will give me all your soy. You will not have memories of my words."

*Iggy clicks her claws*

Awwww... Have all my soy! *gives Iggy all her soy*

"Heh."

This Drake has been decided to be female. Also, some said that she looks to be sad about having no wings.

A quick drawing of a Monkey, for the year of the Monkey. Draw entirely from Imagination (during Theatre Rehearsal)

Another Drake, this time in blue. I drew this one for the Literary Magazine of my school (half for he art contest, though later I decided to just say that it should accompany my TLJ poem "Dragons" - I didn't vote for my drawings: I realize that there are better artists than me, and this drawing wouldn't have looked very well as cover anyway)

This dragon was drawn for a new friend, which I met at an event called "Saturday Morning Physics" - we discovered that we both love dragons. She asked me if I would draw a dragon for her. I didn't say if I could do so for sure, but after all I drew one (sometimes I have a blackout about what to draw - luckily not this time). I think she liked it. The scan turned out too yellow. The dragon is actually green, but the scanner picked up the light film of yellow pencil I used.

A little owl I made from Soapstone. I like him. Owsl are nice. Sadly, this picture is a bit fuzzy. Here is a better version (the picture is a bit larger in measurements, though. That's why I didn't post it directly to the forums)

This is a VERY bad picture of a small seal which I made from a bit of scrap soapstone. Note to myself: Don't take photos of spotted soapstone in front of a spotted wall.

A dragon head which I made from brown (I think Indian) soapstone.

A dragon "mask" which I made in hospital. He's called Falmath. I couldn't get rid of all the dust that it had collected.

A puppet of a Chinese Dragon. It's made of wood, and approximately one metre long. All four legs and the tail are moveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe

This was for a weekly activity on an art board. The theme was Vin Diesel facts. My fact was that Vin Diesel wrote "War and Peace."

You mean: Vin Diesel "wrote" War and Peace.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #23
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Showing how amazingly crap I am at art. I hate you all .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey

Showing how amazingly crap I am at art. I hate you all .

But that's brilliant! It's a three-legged cow being flung through the air to the right!

-

Old 04-28-2005, 10:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
ninja, what program do you use to make those?
For 3D I basically use what we have at school, which is 3dsmax, Softimage XSI and Photoshop. I also use trueSpace now and then. Drawings I do with plain old pencil and paper though cause pencils don't crash or randomly destroy their harddrives...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #26
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Damn you guys really are talented.

I especially love Igor's, Jaz's, artwking's and squarejawhero's stuff, man you guys should send your art to me as paintings or something, i would pay some serious cash for those.

I have even less talents than RLacey it seems, I can't even draw like that...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #27
Epinionated.

Dude, if you want a commission all you have to do is ask.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I have even less talents than RLacey it seems, I can't even draw like that...
Yeah RLacey compared to my talent is Picasso.

Firefox rules
Old 04-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #29
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Yeah RLacey compared to my talent is Picasso.
Hmm. I won't subject you to anything else. Probably.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:58 AM   #30
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Just to add a little to the hate pool.

And biro (=> ballpoint pen for those who don't know the shorter term)! My favorite type of pen! :

(Sorry for the size!)
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #31

That second one is absolutely awesome, Pinksie.

I can't draw with Biro...

-

Old 05-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #32
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Glad you like it.

Regarding biro, I'm always surprised people don't use it more. Sure, it's not like a pencil that you can erase the lines you've already made, but like a pencil, once you're gotten used to a biro, you can do several levels of contrast with it. And since most artists don't erase any of their pencil lines, either, once they've done it for a while, I don't much see the difference between the two anymore, except that biro produces a much sharper, clearer image.

Perhaps give it a second chance - and just don't be afraid of making wrong lines or drawing a rough pre-sketch of the image. You've no doubt noticed there's lines going through the bird where I sketched the stabbing feather first. I'm not "afraid" of leaving those signs behind.

Hmm, I'm probably babbling on about things you already know anyway Don't mind me.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 05-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #33
Bearly Here

This is fast becoming my favorite thread.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
Glad you like it.

Regarding biro, I'm always surprised people don't use it more. Sure, it's not like a pencil that you can erase the lines you've already made, but like a pencil, once you're gotten used to a biro, you can do several levels of contrast with it. And since most artists don't erase any of their pencil lines, either, once they've done it for a while, I don't much see the difference between the two anymore, except that biro produces a much sharper, clearer image.

Perhaps give it a second chance - and just don't be afraid of making wrong lines or drawing a rough pre-sketch of the image. You've no doubt noticed there's lines going through the bird where I sketched the stabbing feather first. I'm not "afraid" of leaving those signs behind.

Hmm, I'm probably babbling on about things you already know anyway Don't mind me.
You know, I might actually try this, after all. As soon as I find a biro that works, for once.

Thanks, anyway.

-

Old 05-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #35
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

For a sharp contrast from my charcoal drawings, here's a cartoon I did back in high school for a humanities class project (I think I just threw it together for a newspaper we were making from ancient Rome or something...). I didn't have a scanner so I took a picture of it with my camera. Enjoy the "digital technology," folks. It makes the suckiness come through with great clarity.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #36
The Impostor

Quote:
The picture was done for an art trade at DeviantArt (my first art trade )
I have a friend on that website – how does an art trade work? What do you actually do?
Old 05-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by omloflump
I have a friend on that website – how does an art trade work? What do you actually do?
Well, the guy just sent me a note and asked me if I wanted to do an Art trade (I was watching his gallery). I agreed, and we told the other what we would like them to draw. I asked for a female Drow (Dark Elf. He draws a lot of them), and he said I could choose what to draw for him. I drew that dragon, as you can see. When we were finished, we posted our part of the trade on out accounts (writing that it is part of the art trade, and linking to the other person). I took a while until I was able to finish my part.

I don't think you need to have an account, as long as you can contact the other person in another way. Of course, I think you should have another way of posting you half of the trade, somewhere else.

-

Old 05-03-2005, 12:58 AM   #38
Jumping peanut on a stick

Was away for a while..

squarejawhero- thanks for infos on Cintiq! uh, it sounds great! I'll probably buy it in near future. Will try it out beforehand though.. to see if it's really as i imagine it

Here's some more.. i'm not really into comics (except for Calvin&Hobbes- pure genious), but this one was really fun to draw:

Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 AM   #39
How am I not myself?

You're amazing Igor. That comic is exceptional. It's a shame I can't read it though. Do you draw and then scan and color in Photoshop?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #40
Jumping peanut on a stick

Uh, thanks Glenn!
Yeah, the process is the same as you decribed it- i draw pic with markers, scan it and later color it in Photoshop.
Btw, the comic is parody on Genesis (mix of Genesis and Darwin's theory).. it got kicked out of the magazine after third table, for being a bit too provocative.. i still think it was pretty harmless though