You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat This must be the introduce yourself thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #1

Default This must be the introduce yourself thread

Hi all, been looking through here the last few days to see what all the hoo haw is about on another site. Don't see any (hoo haw, that is), so I thought I'd crawl out of the woodwork. I see alot of familiar faces.

My name is Mike and I live in Southern Indiana, just north of Louisville, Kentucky. I've been playing adventure games since I could slap a 5 inch floppy of Hugo's House of Horrors into the drive on my state of the art (at the time) AST 286. I'm married, no kids, 3 horses, 6 cats. Born in California, lived there for 38 years, moved here 7 years ago.

Any questions?

Mike
Old 04-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
Friendly Server Admin

Why'd you leave CA?
Old 04-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
merely human

You got any vodka on you? This mango smoothie I'm sipping could sure use some.

Welcome!!! Welcome to the community. We are a bunch of weirdos, misfits, escaped murderers, and delusional psychopaths, so you should be safe here. But enough about me, I'm one of the mods here, so if you need a fix, I got the stash you have any questions let me know.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
We are a bunch of weirdos, misfits, escaped murderers, and delusional psychopaths, so you should be safe here.
Yeah, and that's just Trep. You should see the rest of us!
Old 04-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Why'd you leave CA?
My wife is from here and cost of living is to high in Los Angeles. We own a five acre farm that cost us fifth of what it would cost out there.

Unfortunately we have to go to Cincinatti, Ohio to shop at a Trader Joe's Market, as there isn't one in Louisville.

Mike
Old 04-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Hi Mike - welcome to AG! I see you've met Trep, our resident kook. He's really a nice guy, but he doesn't want anyone to know that. And Tabacco keeps the site running like a purring kitty. (except when the server takes it down behind his back). Anyway, you'll see me here a lot as well as MM, since I kinda hang out here.

FGM
Old 04-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #7
merely human

God, I remember Trader Joe's. Best canned chili I ever had. And their frozen Indian foods are superb. We have some TJ's around here but they're too far away (I live 1 1/2 hours n/w of Chicago). However, my sister, who works in the city, regularly shops at the Whole Foods there and brings home the good stuff, like their delicious organic French chocolat truffles (at $5 a pack it's a great deal).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-02-2005, 08:03 PM   #8

Louisville's got a Whole Foods and a Wild Oats about a block apart. I go there about once a month.

Mike
Old 04-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #9
merely human

I remember shopping at Wild Oats (and TJ's) when I used to live in L.A. Wild Oats had good stuff too, their produce section was awesome. What I love about Whole Foods is that they always give out free samples, and they're usually delicious. Especially the cheeses . In fact, their free samplings got to the point where people were practically going there on their lunch breaks for a free meal, so they had to cut down the samplings. LOL!

Their hot food bar is excellent, too.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #10

When I lived in Encino, I had a TJ's on the corner down from my apartment building. I was in there all the time.

Mike
Old 04-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher of the skies
My name is Mike and I live in Southern Indiana, just north of Louisville, Kentucky.
I can tell my geography isn't good, because I didn't think those two states are next to each other.

Does your name mean you're an astronomer?
Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #12
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Howdy Mike! Nice to meet you! I'm Scott.
I'm 38, single-but-looking, and I was born and raised in the Magic City- Birmingham, AL. I'm woefully out of touch with recent adventure games, but the folks here are dragging me into the 21st century one step at a time.
I used to know a guy from Aurora, IN...isn't that just up the road from where you live?

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-02-2005, 09:38 PM   #13
Bearly Here

Hey Mike, good to see you here.

I am Laura and flee for your life while there's still time!! hanging out here is fun.

looks nervously to see if the multitude of escaped murderers are near by and glances around for the delusional psychopaths.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #14
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome, Mike.

-emily
Old 04-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #15
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
looks nervously to see if the multitude of escaped murderers are near by and glances around for the delusional psychopaths.
*waves at Laura and smiles*

Welcome!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:30 AM   #16
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Hi Mike, welcome to the Loony Bin.

May the Balance protect you. (You will need it)

"Bow to the queen of the Loonies, Jazhara7!"

Oh yes, and don't forget to meet Igrette, the goat my Angeldragon.

"Hey, but you ARE a Loony! You know, I can still read that scratched out text..."

Yes, I am a Loony. But it is 'Supreme Empress', and not 'Queen'.

"Oh..."

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-03-2005, 03:21 AM   #17
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Hi Mike! A college student from the snow-covered state of Minnesota here. Actually, it's not snow covered anymore. And I hear birds outside my window. It must be spring! The birdies welcome you Mike! I hear them calling your name, and flying in V's.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:39 AM   #18
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin
Hi Mike! A college student from the snow-covered state of Minnesota here. Actually, it's not snow covered anymore. And I hear birds outside my window. It must be spring! The birdies welcome you Mike! I hear them calling your name, and flying in V's.

This reminds me: The "Student Life" Teacher at my school is from Canada (French), and was recently really pleased and surprised to see geese flying in V-formation here in Germany. He didn't know that there were any wild geese that flew in that formation, here too.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-03-2005, 03:44 AM   #19
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Welcome. I appear to be the only sane one left ...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #20
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

Welcome Mike! I'm Joe, a 20-something California native that is anything but sane. Actually, I'm probably so far through insanity that I've come out on the other side onto this breezy plateau of rational dementia. It has a great view and is very easy on the feet. But that'd only make sense to you if you were here.

I'm pretty new to the boards myself. Everyone here is pretty darn cool, which is very different from most other internet message boards . And just to make some of these pretty cool people mad.....there's a Trader Joe's like three minutes away from my house.