You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you remember your first time?

View Poll Results: Do you remember your first time?
Yes I do - it wasn't bad... 13 35.14%
Yes, but I wish I didn't. 4 10.81%
I remember it, but I don't know if it was any good... 1 2.70%
No, I don't. (Please explain.) 0 0%
What "first time"?!?!?! 15 40.54%
-Other- 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #121
merely human

Scottsie, Wormsie's new at this, so he's merely going by his very own vantage point. A few years from now his perspective will most certainly have changed.

I felt exactly the same way he did years ago when I first moved out of family and got my own place. I got f#&King sick of waiting for my friends to call me to ask me out, so I literally FORCED MYSELF to go to cafe alone, order a coffee alone, and sit down and read a book or write in my journal alone. It took a long time but I eventually got over my pathetic self and started to enjoy my solitary outings.

Then I eventually worked up the courage to go to the bars by myself. After I left my ex it was easy. I wasn't necessarily looking to get picked up, but I just love sitting alone with a drink and watching other people. I can honestly say that I am proud of my ability to enjoy my own company, smile at myself, and even chat with the bartenders. And you know what? That's when people come and try to meet ME! I've even been told by some guys that they were drawn to me because I seem to possess some kind of mystique to them. Which perplexes me because I'm just being me, and me by myself.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #122
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Scottsie, Wormsie's new at this, so he's merely going by his very own vantage point. A few years from now his perspective will most certainly have changed.
Fair enough. I sometimes forget that not everyone is the brassy, jaded old coot that I am. Forgive me.

Quote:
Then I eventually worked up the courage to go to the bars by myself. After I left my ex it was easy. I wasn't necessarily looking to get picked up, but I just love sitting alone with a drink and watching other people. I can honestly say that I am proud of my ability to enjoy my own company, smile at myself, and even chat with the bartenders. And you know what? That's when people come and try to meet ME! I've even been told by some guys that they were drawn to me because I seem to possess some kind of mystique to them. Which perplexes me because I'm just being me, and me by myself.
Bravo, Trepsie! Being comfortable and at peace with yourself is very attractive.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #123
Banned User

I can't believe this post is still going....
Old 04-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #124
merely human

Hello, Michael. Have you played the very excellent Psychonauts demo yet?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #125
Banned User

Quote:
Hello, Michael. Have you played the very excellent Psychonauts demo yet?
It's downloading as we speak at about 230 k/s. Whured up.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #126
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Fair enough. I sometimes forget that not everyone is the brassy, jaded old coot that I am. Forgive me.
Don't forget easygoing, gentlemanly, and comfortingly earthy.

Quote:
Bravo, Trepsie! Being comfortable and at peace with yourself is very attractive.
It didn't come easily, though, let me tell ya.

So I think my sig has much truth to it.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #127
Banned User

Quote:
Don't forget easygoing, gentlemanly, and comfortingly earthy.

It didn't come easily, though, let me tell ya.

So I think my sig has much truth to it.
Yes, coming to terms with that huge tumor on your neck must have been difficult!

Old 04-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #128
merely human

That tumor would be my head, you lardass.

[searches for the nearest frying pan]
Old 04-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #129
Bad Influence

(Ding!) All right, back to your corners, boys.

Jeez, I'm gone for twenty minutes and a tussle breaks out.

On another note: What's with the new avatar, Temp? Is that Jesus or an old photo of Al Parker?

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #130
merely human

It's Patrick Galloway, the hero of Clive Barker's Undying. Awesome game, I had a blast.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #131
Banned User

Quote:
It's Patrick Galloway, the hero of Clive Barker's Undying. Awesome game, I had a blast.
Noooo! It's jesus!
Old 04-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #132
merely human

No. THIS is Jesus.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #133
Bad Influence

Quote:
No. THIS is Jesus.
Hmmm...Still looks like Al Parker to me. I guess you can tell where my mind is at tonight.

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #134
Banned User

Quote:
No. THIS is Jesus.
Hahah! Did you make that just for the sake of this off topic discussion?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #135
merely human

No! It's really HIM! Ask Kingz!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #136
Banned User

Quote:
No! It's really HIM! Ask Kingz!
Jesus ain't too active in the forums. Sinner.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #137
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Sinner.
Speak for yourself, man.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:47 AM   #138
Doctor Watson

Just to let you all know, I'm practically renowned for my low self-esteem. Recently I've noticed how deeply it affects all aspects of my life, and I've been wondering what to do about it... The sad thing is that if you think of yourself as an incapable person, you will become one...
Old 04-12-2005, 06:25 AM   #139
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

When there is something that comes up that you feel that way about, instead of saying NO, say, maybe I can do that. Now what would I have to do to make it work? Can I handle that? What if I fail? What would be the worst thing that could happen if I fail? Could I handle that? What if I succeed? Could I handle that? Does succeeding place more obligations on me? Would it give me more confidence to say maybe the next time? What if I almost succeed? At least I tried, and that is better than saying NO outright. And whatever happened, what did I learn to help me next time?

FGM-Lyn
Old 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM   #140
Banned User

Quote:
Speak for yourself, man.
What!? Hey! I'm active in the forums!