You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you remember your first time?

View Poll Results: Do you remember your first time?
Yes I do - it wasn't bad... 13 35.14%
Yes, but I wish I didn't. 4 10.81%
I remember it, but I don't know if it was any good... 1 2.70%
No, I don't. (Please explain.) 0 0%
What "first time"?!?!?! 15 40.54%
-Other- 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #101
Doctor Watson

One more theory about why any people haven't got laid: remeber all the fat people, the freaks, the geeks, the outsiders, the guys nobody got along with and who were ridiculed? A lot of us are that kind of people.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #102
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
One more theory about why any people haven't got laid: remeber all the fat people, the freaks, the geeks, the outsiders, the guys nobody got along with and who were ridiculed? A lot of us are that kind of people.
A lot of us USED TO BE that kind of people.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #103
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
I am not now, nor have I ever been, considered anyone's "prize". I was slat-thin for most of my adult life, and definately qualified as a freak, a (car) geek, an outsider, and I was frequently ridiculed. However, I figured out early on that it was far better to have another person of my less-desirable social strata in my bed than to thanklessly pursue a dream-date that was above my station.
To use an automotive analogy, sure, dreaming about Lamborghinis is great, but just because you can't afford one is no reason to turn your nose up at a good used Corolla that will take you wherever you want to go.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #104
merely human

Ride it, baby. Oh g-g-g-god, ride it!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #105
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Ride it, baby. Oh g-g-g-god, ride it!
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-11-2005, 02:27 AM   #106
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
However, I figured out early on that it was far better to have another person of my less-desirable social strata in my bed than to thanklessly pursue a dream-date that was above my station.
Good for you. But that's often not the problem, but the feeling of being inferior - so inferior that anything like sex is out of the question.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #107
Bad Influence

Quote:
Good for you. But that's often not the problem, but the feeling of being inferior - so inferior that anything like sex is out of the question.
Ahhh...now I see what you're talking about. That's never really been a problem for me. Much to my chagrin, I was recently described as "aggressively self-confident". Although this made me a little mad at first (this description wasn't used in the most flattering context), after I thought about it I had to grudgingly agree. I don't have a shy bone in my body, and can strike up a conversation with anyone.
Not to say that I feel superior, quite the contrary; I realize there are lots of people that are way better at any number of things than I am. But there's a good conversation starter right there: "Wow...that's impressive! How do you do that?" is a phrase that will almost always get someone talking to you. Let them tell you how they do it and how they learned to do it, and "poof!", you're in.
I was recently dumbfounded to find that there are people who are afraid to strike up conversations with strangers in bars...what's that about? Just go in, order a drink, and if you hear an interesting conversation, walk up and say "Pardon me for eavesdropping, but did I hear you say (whatever you heard)? What's that about?" or "I haven't heard about that before. Could you tell me more?" (or whatever's appropriate to the conversation) and be sure to finish with "Oh, by the way, I'm (insert your name here)". Easy as pie. I got to try this out not long ago in two bars where I didn't know a single soul, and both times it worked like a charm.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #108
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
I was recently dumbfounded to find that there are people who are afraid to strike up conversations with strangers in bars...what's that about?
They might laugh at you/shoot you/think that you are stupid/etc. Especially if it's the first time you've done that. And as you can meet people in other ways, too, there's no real need to go talk to strangers in bars...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 AM   #109
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
They might laugh at you/shoot you/think that you are stupid/etc. Especially if it's the first time you've done that. And as you can meet people in other ways, too, there's no real need to go talk to strangers in bars...

(PLEASE tell me someone gets the reference)
Old 04-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #110
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco

Best. Monty. Python. Sketch. EVAR.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #111
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsie
I don't have a shy bone in my body...
<SUPER DIRTY MIND>

Quote:

I....think I got it.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #112
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:

I never got laid until long after I had left school - it wasn't because I was ugly, but I was kind of a loner and very shy.
Numerous girls asked me out but nothing ever went further than holding hands, and the odd kiss.
It wasn't that I didn't want to but I was so scared of not living up to expectations

Eventually, when it did happen, my good acting got me past most of the nervousness and it was very enjoyable

To this day she still doesn't know that she was my first (and she was 5 yrs younger than me )

Old 04-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #113
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day
He's a lumberjack and he's okay
He sleeps all night and he works all day

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavat'ry
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I love to press wild flow'rs
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendies and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie
Just like my dear papa
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

Are you saying you're a .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................lumberjack...........??????

or maybe you're a lumberjack's girlfriend!!

That's it
Old 04-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #114
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
I sleep all night and I work all day
He's a lumberjack and he's okay
He sleeps all night and he works all day

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavat'ry
On Wednesdays I go shopping
And have buttered scones for tea
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I love to press wild flow'rs
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendies and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie
Just like my dear papa
He cuts down trees...
He's a lumberjack...

Are you saying you're a .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................lumberjack...........??????

or maybe you're a lumberjack's girlfriend!!

That's it

Actually, it was in response to the post about hanging around bars
Old 04-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #115
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:

Sorry - I didn't look far back enough

So you're not a lumberjack then??
Old 04-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #116
merely human

Quote:
Yep, that WAS my guess.

Except I don't put on women's clothing when I hang around in bars.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #117
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Yep, that WAS my guess.

I didn't know you were a lumberjack...
Old 04-11-2005, 02:00 PM   #118
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Yep, that WAS my guess.

You don't!?!

I've done it a couple of times (with friends) in our local rock club, unfortunately my old friends have the pics to prove it

-
Old 04-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #119
merely human

Did you get any dates?
Old 04-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #120
Bad Influence

Quote:
So what if they laugh at me? Big deal...I'll laugh right along with 'em. If you get someone to tell you their opinions, it's highly unlikely they'll laugh at you unless you strongly and openly disagree with them.
I make every possible effort not to patronize bars where I'm likely to get shot, so that's not been much of a problem.
If you're asking pertinant questions and listening to the answers, you're not likely to be thought of as stupid, either.
Since I'm apparently the only person ever to walk into a local pub looking for a little friendly conversation and companionship (aside from Michael Palin), maybe I should just let this go for now.

By the way, I'm not a lumberjack, I'm an auto mechanic, but I did get a laugh out of the Monty Python reference. Very clever.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3