You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Area Of A Forum Do You Look At First?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #1
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Default Which Area Of A Forum Do You Look At First?

Hi all

I was just wondering - when you are deciding to join a gaming community, which is the area you lurk in to decide wether you are going to join?
For me it is always the chat/miscellaneous forums as I feel they give you the best idea of the personalities of the other members
Old 03-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
merely human

Figures.

Threads on unhealthy food, sex, masturbation, horny paper towel models with big crotches........who wouldn't wanna join the AG community?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
Liver of Life

I usually look at the Forums main area (for example, this forums "main area" is the Adventure Games forum), and this is to get information concerning the "main" topic of the forum, which is why I probably came, or the forum's off-topic area, to get a feel for how the people are.

Nowadays, I mostly just go to the off-topic area.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I use to have the "Adventure" section bookmarked, and worked my way from there. Now I just have it set up so that it shows all of the most recent unread posts in all the forums.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #5
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
I use to have the "Adventure" section bookmarked, and worked my way from there. Now I just have it set up so that it shows all of the most recent unread posts in all the forums.
I think you misunderstand me - I too have the ag section bookmarked, but I want to know what section you looked at that made you join the ag community?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
I think you misunderstand me - I too have the ag section bookmarked, but I want to know what section you looked at that made you join the ag community?
You're right, I did. I was looking at the topic of this thread: Which Area Of A Forum Do You Look At First?

I think my answer still stands, though. It was all of them together that made me want to join and stay. But I suppose it was just the "adventure" forum that was my hook. I didn't venture into Chit Chat until I got more comfortable.

Also, I've only joined a couple forums (including Adult Swim -not a gaming one, though-, but there's just WAY too many members).

Last edited by artwking4; 03-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
You're right, I did. I was looking at the topic of this thread: Which Area Of A Forum Do You Look At First?

I think my answer still stands, though. It was all of them together that made me want to join and stay. But I suppose it was just the "adventure" forum that was my hook. I didn't venture into Chit Chat until I got more comfortable.
Sorry for the confusion - that was probably due to my crap posting
But imo the Chit Chat forum gives you a better idea of the personalities that post here
Obviously I hoped that the adventure game topics would be intersting too.....
Old 03-16-2005, 12:07 AM   #8
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Figures.

Threads on unhealthy food, sex, masturbation, horny paper towel models with big crotches........who wouldn't wanna join the AG community?
Absolutely the chat forum first! I knew this was an adventure gaming site, so I kinda knew what that content would be - what I really wanted to know, though, was about the personalities of the members. If I'm going to join, I want the members to be interesting people with other things in their lives than adventure games. I want to be with people with a sense of humor, and intelligent opinions. Each of the adv gaming sites has their own flavor, and it's nice to sample that, but to join and contribute, I have to find a place I feel comfortable.

FGM
Old 03-16-2005, 03:46 AM   #9
Αγαπώ την Κέρκυρα

I liked the look and "feel" of these forums and everyone seemed to really get on, as I too checked out Chit-Chat first.

But on a day to day basis, I start at the top, and work my way through each forum

Θα ημουν μαλλον στο ποδιλατο μου!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:30 AM   #10

I looked at the AG section first. I think.
Anyway, what made me join this forum in the first place was that it was filled with people who loved adventure games (at that time, I though I was the only one). What's making me stay is the fact that I feel a connection with the others (you ).
I joined JA too, but I didn't feel the same thing while reading the different sections (especially the political forum, to be honest), and therefore never posted there.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #11
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Um... in risk of being needlessly vague: Whichever one happens to catch my eye first! It all depends on the board name and description.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™